Conform, to make money, not to find love

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Conform, to make money, not to find love

Post by S_Parc »

Hello fellows,

There's been a lot stated about conformity and such. Since we're on this forum, this is our breather from the conforming culture around us.

But, if you conform, for the sake of let's say making money, a type of "PUA" (using that negative expression lightly) salesperson or business consultant, then you make the dough for those trips to Dominican Republic or Panama for R&R.

Likewise, if you do the coursework, expected of you, to get good grades in let's say pharmacy, accounting, or what have you, then you'll also find money at the end of the rainbow.

But in terms of love and relationships, drop conformity like a hot potato. If anything, it degrades your soul and makes you akin to AWs' male alter ego, a phoney person who talks about personal power but is constantly seeking reassurance from the society around you.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

Good post, S_Parc, and I totally agree. Conform only for the sake of making and saving money for that planned vacation to Russia/Latvia/Argentina. It's all a facade but I believe necessary for your own security to keep people off your back while you make your plans. Love and relationships in western society isn't worth the entertainment of my thoughts.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Guyver wrote:Good post, S_Parc, and I totally agree. Conform only for the sake of making and saving money for that planned vacation to Russia/Latvia/Argentina. It's all a facade but I believe necessary for your own security to keep people off your back while you make your plans. Love and relationships in western society isn't worth the entertainment of my thoughts.
Hey, I see Buffalo NY in your public profile. Did you know that you can drive over to the Toronto area, for R&R?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Conform, to make money, not to find love

Post by momopi »

S_Parc wrote:Hello fellows,
There's been a lot stated about conformity and such. Since we're on this forum, this is our breather from the conforming culture around us.
But, if you conform, for the sake of let's say making money, a type of "PUA" (using that negative expression lightly) salesperson or business consultant, then you make the dough for those trips to Dominican Republic or Panama for R&R.
Look for career opportunities that could post you abroad.

i.e. QUALCOMM in China has 130 job openings:
http://www.qualcomm.com/careers/pro/china

Here's something that I'm just not "connecting the dots". Why worry about having to do this and that to make enough money to afford a plane ticket, when you can have someone else pay for it?

Back in 1990s when I was going to college, I went and got a job that offered to pay my tuition. Why pay for it myself when I can get someone else to pay for it?
navigator
Freshman Poster

Re: Conform, to make money, not to find love

Post by navigator »

momopi wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Hello fellows,
Look for career opportunities that could post you abroad.

i.e. QUALCOMM in China has 130 job openings:
http://www.qualcomm.com/careers/pro/china

Here's something that I'm just not "connecting the dots". Why worry about having to do this and that to make enough money to afford a plane ticket, when you can have someone else pay for it?

Back in 1990s when I was going to college, I went and got a job that offered to pay my tuition. Why pay for it myself when I can get someone else to pay for it?
Working for a multinational company isn't the worst idea in the world. You could even work stateside for a while and then request a transfer to one of the company's overseas locations. One of my friends did this and is currently working in Hong Kong.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

There is a quote which says: "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by other people's rules, while quietly playing by your own." ~Michael Korda
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

S_Parc wrote:
Guyver wrote:Good post, S_Parc, and I totally agree. Conform only for the sake of making and saving money for that planned vacation to Russia/Latvia/Argentina. It's all a facade but I believe necessary for your own security to keep people off your back while you make your plans. Love and relationships in western society isn't worth the entertainment of my thoughts.
Hey, I see Buffalo NY in your public profile. Did you know that you can drive over to the Toronto area, for R&R?
Yep, I've been there plenty of times. Too expensive though and the women are just as bad with their entitlement attitudes. Still, Toronto has just about everything you can think of as far as things to do.