Women and Pets

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Women and Pets

Post by Falcon »

Western women enjoy pets so much, especially dogs. This really makes me re-think the idiomatic expression "treated like an animal." Also it reminds me of Emiliano Zapata's quip that horses were treated better than Indians in the Mexican state of Morelos.

Don't get me wrong - I do like animals. I even have a falcon as my avatar. But there's too much hype over domesticated creatures nowadays.

Just a few days ago on my college campus, I saw an elderly lady walking two miniature-breed dogs. She was constantly being surrounded by groups of girls who kept petting and caressing the dogs.

- "OMG it's so cute!"
- "Here doggy! Awww."
- "He's sooo adorable!"

I've gotten this kind of treatment from Filipinas and Latinas, which really shocked me. Being surrounded by groups of girls and adored. :shock: That's reserved for pets only in America!

But Westerners never seem to do this to fellow human beings, except if it's other girls or some scumbag celebrity. Some American women constantly visit all kinds of furry creatures at animal shelters, but never care about visiting convalescent homes where real people in misery actually live in. In high school I knew a girl who was a big fan of doggies, kitties, bunnies, koalas, and what not. But she had a nasty attitude towards real people in real life.

http://boards.askmen.com/showthread.php ... -with-pets

Why do so many women put their pets in thier profiles?
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts12936338.aspx

http://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/ ... -love-cats
They are as cute as kids, but without all the fuss.
20 Reasons Women Prefer Dogs To Men
http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-471066.0.html

The Western media, run by the pet-loving women, goes nuts when cats get trashed, but not when human beings get trashed. Be sure to read the video comments.

Last edited by Falcon on February 26th, 2012, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

West is the best place for women and animals..3rd world countries are the opposite.
Many examples
When I take train in the peak hourin the morning ppl are crammed like sardines, you cnat breathe now do that to dogs and horses and you would have CNN reporting and animal rights activists would burn the city down..
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Also the best place for children who want to bring down their parents. Child protective services anyone?
Capster78
Freshman Poster

Post by Capster78 »

I actually enjoy pets. I have a little dog because I tend to move a lot due to my job. It's so much easier and cheaper to transport a little guy than a 120-150lb dog. Not to mention, the messes are smaller and less frequent to clean than a large dog would be.

I regard dogs higher than humans. Mostly because humans have the inteligence to know what they are doing to another person / living creature is cruel but still do it anyway. Dogs are very loyal and only use what they need to survive. I don't believe there are many creatures on earth that are as pure as a loyal dog is in the sense of friendship and loyalty.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I have felt the same way with stuffed animals when I was a kid. :wink:
Professor Jesus
Freshman Poster

Re: Women and Pets

Post by Professor Jesus »

Ugh. I hate it when chicks have a bunch of animals around a space that was never fit for animals in the first place. -Like an apartment. I am sure all of the boys know what it is like to get done banging a chick and then you get up to take a piss. You are barefoot and didn't realize on the way in that the floor is covered in sand, you are nowhere near the beach?! What gives? -you ask yourself. And then you realize, it's kitty litter. Pukola.
Your Professor Jesus
http://drjesussaveslives.blogspot.com/
All content and opinions expressed are provided by Professor Jesus LLC â„¢
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Women and Pets

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Falcon wrote:Western women enjoy pets so much, especially dogs. This really makes me re-think the idiomatic expression "treated like an animal." Also it reminds me of Emiliano Zapata's quip that horses were treated better than Indians in the Mexican state of Morelos.

Don't get me wrong - I do like animals. I even have a falcon as my avatar. But there's too much hype over domesticated creatures nowadays.

Just a few days ago on my college campus, I saw an elderly lady walking two miniature-breed dogs. She was constantly being surrounded by groups of girls who kept petting and caressing the dogs.

- "OMG it's so cute!"
- "Here doggy! Awww."
- "He's sooo adorable!"

I've gotten this kind of treatment from Filipinas and Latinas, which really shocked me. Being surrounded by groups of girls and adored. :shock: That's reserved for pets only in America!

But Western never seem to do this to fellow human beings, except if it's other girls or some scumbag celebrity. Some American women constantly visit all kinds of furry creatures at animal shelters, but never care about visiting convalescent homes where real people in misery actually live in. In high school I knew a girl who was a big fan of doggies, kitties, bunnies, koalas, and what not. But she had a nasty attitude towards real people in real life.

Good topic and I know what you mean. It's really F**** up. People are HOMELESS, but yet, if you go the banks nowadays, for example, they have jars with free doggie biscuits that they give out to the customers to feed their dogs.

As far as the girl having a nasty attitude towards people, but not animals, there might be an explanation for it. She might have had a bad experience with a human (i.e. molestation, rape, abuse) and then later on realized that animals were more humane and that they could be trusted.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Walking a cute dog is a great way to meet girls. Women love cute dogs, and having a well groomed dog means you're a responsible pet owner type person.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

This animal/pet obsession is a symptom of the lack of interpersonal closeness in the culture. In other words, pet obsessors are compensating for their lack of human connection. Pets have no choice but to unconditionally accept the person that feeds and cares for them. American women confuse this "care affinity" for "unconditional love," so the narcissistic supply continues for these difficult women.
Bijou
Freshman Poster

Post by Bijou »

People who feel lonely here get an animal /typically dog/, because they can feel the "unconditioal" love of this animal... and then they become slaves of this animal biological needs.

I had a cat between age 12-17 and as soon I realized this cat keeps me away from having life I gave it to my mom who just got i the age where her kids are grown and she needs something else to fulfill her need for giving care.

Pets are for kids and older parents.
Young people need feedom and real people in their lives.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

momopi wrote:Walking a cute dog is a great way to meet girls. Women love cute dogs, and having a well groomed dog means you're a responsible pet owner type person.

There's a lake/reservoir, not too far from my place, and numerous people jog or walk the path around it. It's practically a dog sanctuary, if you discount the cardinals lurking in the trees.

Pretty much, everyone is patting someone's dog and offering compliments of all sorts. If you're a male dog owner, that's your open bar to meet women.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I attended college in Fullerton, California. The city has several colleges and a revitalized downtown area along Harbor Blvd. Many decades ago, the city was more rural and there were many horse properties and horse trails. When I was there in early 1990s, they still had an animal clinic that specialized in horses.

By random chance I walked into an used book store by the Downtown Fullerton area, and befriended the owner and her family. The mother once told me that how they raised kids in the old days was to give each of them a horse to look after. Because the horse required much more effort in grooming, feeding, and shoving (horses are basically poop machines), it was a great way to teach teenage daughters (she had 3) responsibility and keeping them out of trouble.

By comparison, a dog or cat is far easier to look after than a horse. But these days it's not realistic for folks to own horses in most suburban communities around here. How a women might see a guy with a groomed dog is that he is responsible, caring, and giving, versus guys who don't keep pets are selfish and not dependable.

My ex in Taipei was a "dog person", but I'm a cat and koi kind of guy. So we didn't see things eye to eye. ;p I've actually trained one of my cats (a large main coon) to be walked on a leash many years ago, but for obvious reasons I cannot take the cat to a dog park.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUa-lOz5 ... re=related[/youtube]
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

A man with a dog is a good judge of how he would be with a child. Since AW do not want to raise children they look for a man that will. I routinely am approached by women while working my service dog in the public and at the institutions. They have many questions and flirt a lot. What they don't ike is the level of control over these animals. These women have no understanding to the training or control needed to manage a service animal and just see big furry kids...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Bijou
Freshman Poster

Post by Bijou »

A man with a dog is an example of how someone needs an animal in order to attract women....which is pathetic.
Last edited by Bijou on February 26th, 2012, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Bijou, I think that's what everyone else here is saying as well. I work with dogs every day and get a lot of female attention in doing so. It isn't my goal or desire to get this type of attention only a byproduct of my job. I don't date women where I work and don't find the idea of a K9 groupy very attractive eather...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!