Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

N/A

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What do I do with a 5k tax return check?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Be boring and put it towards your mortgage.
8%
Be an American and go buy shit I don't need.
No votes
Rent out my place, quit my job, say f**k it and go take the Celta course in Kiev and don't come back for a few years.
67%
Take a few miniature trips around the states.
No votes
Give it to Winston so that he can waste it on women.
25%

Total votes : 12

Postby eurobrat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Sat May 18, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Sat May 18, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby skateboardstephen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:18 pm

eurobrat wrote:Do they have blonde women down there?

hell yea .brasil has a shit load of german people in the south of the country as a matter of fact i was talking not to long ago with a brasilian girl who was a blond if you saw her you would think she is american but the girl speaks no english at all.it was refreshing to chat it up with her it was so easy and normal and she treated me with respect which is just not normal for white american women especially considering the fact that i am black.i spoke with her for a least 2 hours.

learn the language learn the language that was the main thing she was impressed with about me because she knew not even a word of english hot fresh off the boat.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Rock wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Put it in Roth IRA mutual fund with 50% going into an S&P 500 fund and 50% going into a Wilshire 4500 fund.

If that's not attractive to you, find a foreign bank that has CD rates above 10% and stash it there. I'm sure Ukraine has a few banks of that nature. Just remember you'd have to report the account to the US Treasury on an FBAR form, and you'd have to pay taxes on that interest. But that rate beats the long term US stock market average!

Which moderately safe foreign bank has CD rates at or above 10%? Which currency? Please tell.

"Safe" is a very relative term. If I list foreign banks, the typical American would hark, "But they only have BB credit ratings by Moody's, and S&P!" At the same time, these same Americans would put foolish amounts of money into the US Stock Market and watch their wealth melt down away like it was nothing.

I have spent months doing research and have found that these banks are more than solvent and well-capitalized and don't make bets on foolish things like sub-prime mortgages like US banks. So they are safe. It doesn't matter that the FDIC does not insure them. The FDIC doesn't insure the money you lose in the stock market either!

Most Americans are deluded into thinking that only Americans means of saving and investing are legitimate. Go ahead and keep thinking that until you are broke.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 am

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Truthville » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:35 am

Not Like I'm an expert of the market BUT...........

IF you diversify, you can minimize your risk.

At year end, with my company sponsored 401k, I am up almost 6k.

DIVERSIFY!
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Postby gsjackson » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:05 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:"Safe" is a very relative term. If I list foreign banks, the typical American would hark, "But they only have BB credit ratings by Moody's, and S&P!" At the same time, these same Americans would put foolish amounts of money into the US Stock Market and watch their wealth melt down away like it was nothing.

I have spent months doing research and have found that these banks are more than solvent and well-capitalized and don't make bets on foolish things like sub-prime mortgages like US banks. So they are safe. It doesn't matter that the FDIC does not insure them. The FDIC doesn't insure the money you lose in the stock market either!

Most Americans are deluded into thinking that only Americans means of saving and investing are legitimate. Go ahead and keep thinking that until you are broke.

Will Ukrainian banks open accounts of foreigners? If so, are there any particular requirements about residency or the type of visa you hold?
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 am

Been watching the markets since the crash...

Buy Gold, look where it was when the crash happen and look where it is now.

Can't afford Gold ($1,700+), get Silver ($34 an oz) which is already $10 over where it was at the start of the year.

Commodities are important

Keep your money out of the US Fiat Currency system its going to collapse sooner rather than later. Keep only enough cash to buy the things you need. Always buy physical metal, don't buy Paper Metal (MF Global).

The entire system is raft with FRAUD and the 6 largest US banks are finding ways to raise fees. They have too, they are insolvent...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:18 am

I want to make a similar topic to this one. Of course my tax return will be roughly 1/3 of what you are getting.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:12 pm

////
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Sat May 18, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:25 pm

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:52 pm

eurobrat wrote:I think I figured it out, rent out my place after I finish one last rennovation. And I wanted to upgrade my Macbook and get an iPad then I can go take that CELTA course in either Kiev or Prague.

Soo much work to do, that bitch that I let move in with me distracted me from my real plans.

A lot of great societies had fallen due to being on the dime of a woman. Don't be another fallen society, dude.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:22 pm

///
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby momopi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:18 pm

eurobrat wrote:I think I figured it out, rent out my place after I finish one last rennovation. And I wanted to upgrade my Macbook and get an iPad then I can go take that CELTA course in either Kiev or Prague.
Soo much work to do, that bitch that I let move in with me distracted me from my real plans.

Wait for Apple to release new laptops, then check craiglist for "new" laptops from last season at a discount.

Also, if you can befriend someone working at the Apple Store, you can ask them to buy with employee discount for you.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions