Plenty Of Fish - Fake Profile Experiment

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Online dating is simply a waste of time for the average man.

1. Depending on the age bracket, there are normally about 4 - 5 times as many men as women.

2. Western women rarely approach men.

3. These women have even higher artificially inflated egos, because suddenly average Jane gets hundreds of messages. Average Jane who is a 6 will now only date a hot, rich man who is at least an 8.

4. Even if you do message a woman, chances are she won't even have time to read it as she is swamped with hundreds of messages. I have known some women to delete their profile, simply because they were so overwhelmed with messages.

Unless you're a man earning a 6 figure salary, own a house, a nice car, and very attractive then don't bother.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

The guys on here that think attractive girls in their late teens early 20s care about money are idiots.

Once women look for a husband and are past their expiration date (25+) they start to look at money so that they can marry a rich beta male loser and f**k hot young studs behind his back while denying him sex.

Attraction is 100% about looks.
Women don´t care about personality. And don´t get me started on this "game" bullshit. Nothing you say or do can get a woman turned on. Only your face can turn her on. It´s the same for foreign women. They care more about money though because they still need men to support them. Sure, you can buy a trophy wife but she´ll never be physically attracted to you unless you are at least as good looking as her.

Check it out:

The world of an average/ugly looking guy:
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

Yes...of course Winston would take down my pics.

The truth is just too depressing...
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

As I've posted before, money is much less of a concern nowadays because women cn provide for themselves now. So WuFan is correct that women aren't looking at men's wallet anymore - looks are much more important now.

The face is one thing, but so is height.

In my 6 yrs of experience on online dating sites, it seems that guys who do well there are at least 5'10 and above. Guys under 5'10 would be ill-advised to pursue online dating like POF. This isn't meant to be discouraging, just an observation.

However, I don't agree that OD doesn't work for all men - it just doesn't seem to work for men who are on the short side. For them, other strategies surely exist, but they have to leave OD to the crowd that can make good use of it.
Eternalsingle
Freshman Poster

Post by Eternalsingle »

Just saw this, so thought, after being on the POF site since it started, (and having NO luck) I'd join in.

Back in 2008, I did my first POF experiment as above. Of course, I got 100000s of replies and messages. I'd go on to my normal profile, and message the same girls who messaged the "hot guy".

What little replies i git, were nothing buy abuse or rejection.

I can confirm that the women there are EXTREMELY shallow - only looking for a fantasy man, which of course, visits free dating websites to throw himeslf at anyone. :roll:

"NO PIC - NO REPLY" = Pic does not guarantee you a reply....and if it is, it's a "NO THANKS"
"I WANT TO KNOW WHO IM TALKING TO" = "I want to see if you are hot." How does someone know you from a photo?

Yes, I've seen it all there, being there for so long...
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

For women in late teens and early 20s its all abt looks, from the neck up it counts.
Women dont like to appear shallow so they always say its not abt looks, its BS, if you are someone they consider hot, thats it, you are in, you can say all sort of silly things and youll still be cool guy.

Scares me to death when I see how even an old, fat , ugly women can have lot of guys to chose from
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Eternalsingle wrote:Just saw this, so thought, after being on the POF site since it started, (and having NO luck) I'd join in.

Back in 2008, I did my first POF experiment as above. Of course, I got 100000s of replies and messages. I'd go on to my normal profile, and message the same girls who messaged the "hot guy".

What little replies i git, were nothing buy abuse or rejection.

I can confirm that the women there are EXTREMELY shallow - only looking for a fantasy man, which of course, visits free dating websites to throw himeslf at anyone. :roll:

"NO PIC - NO REPLY" = Pic does not guarantee you a reply....and if it is, it's a "NO THANKS"
"I WANT TO KNOW WHO IM TALKING TO" = "I want to see if you are hot." How does someone know you from a photo?

Yes, I've seen it all there, being there for so long...
POF is the worst of the worst. So many bogans and picky whores who want nothing less than a super model earning a 6 figure salary.

Yes I also see the "NO PIC - NO REPLY" thing a lot. These women just come off as damn rude, yet they still get hundreds of messages.

Another one of my favs "DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU'RE LESS THAN 5"10 TALL." Luckily I'm reasonably tall (5"11), so I can imagine how much harder it would be for short men.

I don't even bother with Anglo dating sites anymore.

Save your time and travel abroad to meet some REAL women.
Eternalsingle
Freshman Poster

Post by Eternalsingle »

I thought here in Australia, things might be different somehow. ON POF, it's worse.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Eternalsingle wrote:I thought here in Australia, things might be different somehow. ON POF, it's worse.
Gday mate, another aussie eh? Yep, POF is bad in Australia.

I have given up on Australian women completely. Even the ones you think are different always turn out to be the same as the rest.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Banano wrote:Scares me to death when I see how even an old, fat , ugly women can have lot of guys to chose from.
I have seen profiles of women who are morbidly obese and women who are as ugly as sin say things like, "No picture no response from me" and "You need to be at least six feet tall" also "You need to able to take care of me."

My favorite one was a repulsive looking fat woman say in her profile, "I am looking for my knight in shining armour." After reading that I didn't know if I should laugh ............... or vomit! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Eternalsingle
Freshman Poster

Post by Eternalsingle »

It's funny, I don't do anything the women complain about - but yet I get no inboxes.

Women complain about: lying about or using photos, sex or one word messages,.I used a recent photo, never sent any sleaze or one word messages, no rpely. Women complain guys only message the blonde bimbos...I message the "ugliest" or "fattest"...I still get shunned.

I once, with a genuine photo and filled out profile, messaged 200 girls one after the other......all different kinds. No reply.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Honestly, it seems that you usually have to lie about yourself. Possibly say you were in the military and if you have surgery scars, you can make a story about how you were almost blown up and girls will eat it up here. Online dating generally sucks. I think Anglo dating websites are the worst ones.

It is not to say that non-English websites are that better either. I tried a Austrian and German website as I can read and write German but usually girls do not date non-white guys unless it is some who are open to that in Germany and it tells you that unless you have an opportunity to meet good women in eastern Europe (South America or Asia) it is not going to be better for you.

Recently, I had chances when girls contact me interested. I answered them normally and I tried to ask about their interests suddenly the messaging stopped and I am wondering what I did wrong. This was on Ok Cupid and on other dating websites and I realize that unless I outright lie and constantly make up stories about myself, I can not date in America.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Wtf!?

Wasting time performing experiments on POF?

This isn't science class.

You could be using that time more efficient on other more important things.

I think it's pretty well established that western online dating websites are garbage.

Guys, stop wasting time on these online dating websites and stop wasting time discussing it.

Just focus on trying to change your problems and situation.
Last edited by Maker55 on March 6th, 2013, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Just look at this last article who points well the wasted time that it can be to date online and specifically in the US.

http://www.rooshv.com/the-destructive-m ... an-culture
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Banano wrote:

The dont even read your profile
, its all looks and nothing but..you cld put on that you are convicted felon they wouldnt even see that and wouldnt matter if they do.

When they meet these hot guys sex is usually happening on the 1st date..they filirt for a few days prior to meeting up and its all done by 1st or 2nd date ..they both move on...when woman finds you attractive sex follows in no time
This was exactly my experience 10 to 12 years ago when I used matchmaking websites.

Women would rarely read my profile. They did read messages sent to them... if they were very short.

Hard to find real quality online here. Every online date involved some compromise below marriage quality. I think online dating in the U.S. is a great place for a man who is willing to "date down".