Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Encouraging video about dating demographics in Russia

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby GuitarGuy996 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Ok, cool. I'm as open to reality as the next guy...

So is there any point in going abroad at all if it's all the same?

What are more realistic expectations?

Thanks.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Postby OutWest » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Someone wrote:There's no "glut" of single older women in the USA. I assure you they still receive a considerable amount of attention from American guys. And these days, many of them go for younger guys themselves.

What you're describing may have been true a few decades ago, but not anymore.

On local community sites such as City-Data.com, I regualrly see posts by 45-year-old men in cities like Denver, Vegas, LA, and even on the East Coast, who are wealthy and successful, and who'd like nothing more than to find a woman around 35, and they're struggling to even get that. I'm not kidding. It's not because American women are X, Y, or Z, it's because there aren't enough women period. They don't have a selection to choose from in the first place, so it's not like they're rejecting American women because they don't like them.

That might be the case in the USA...I have not looked at the demographic age/sex distribution in the USA. I did not travel and live overseas to meet women- I worked in Latin America and Asia, and in short order I was ruined as far as having any interest in American women.

So all these wealthy and successful men who cannot find a decent woman in the USA also seem to lack the insight to get a passport and use it- after all, with wealth and success they should be able to travel, and expand their horizons.

One way or the other, most American men are stuck in their shit-rut and will not change their ways to save their life.

outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby GuitarGuy996 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:17 pm

My gut feeling is that ego and pride holds many men going back from going overseas. Going abroad to find a wife is still taboo and many view it as a sign of weakness.

I imagine that will still curb competition in Eastern Europe.

This may all change soon though, especially as I recently watched a PUA video in the Ukraine on this site. Once the PUA's and douchebags start going over there things will change.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Postby Rock » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:37 pm

GuitarGuy996 wrote:Ok, cool. I'm as open to reality as the next guy...

So is there any point in going abroad at all if it's all the same?

What are more realistic expectations?

Thanks.

Its not the same. Many foreign countries are much easier starting points for dating and pairing with attractive women than the US, at least for guys who fall in the average give or take catagory.

Its been said by some of the experts on this forum that to get the real value of a country like Russia, you've got to invest a lot of time into localizing (assuming you are white at least) which includes learning the language and understanding the culture. Otherwise, you stand a high chance of attracting those who tend to use foreigners and have ulterior motives. For a newbie with no language and culture skills, I suspect the biggest difference you will find is the visbly higher percentage of stunners and assorted hotties you see out and about, especially in cities, and their easy approachability. Just those two factors alone are enough to give create a multi-week "I'm in heaven" honeymoon period. But if you stay for an extended period, you will probably find that getting their hearts, or even their bodies, lol, it not as easy as it might seem at first.

Just because girls are very friendly and approachable, open to your flirting, smile a lot, or even coffee date you, does not mean they will sleep with you. I would expect it to be lot easier than the States. But not so easy that you don't have to put in a lot of work and deal with assorted frustrations you often get from girls - flakiness, insincerity, being used, narcisism, rejection, etc. Yes, those kinds of things happen in Russia and other foreign countries too. The US is just worse than most places.
Last edited by Rock on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby davewe » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Someone wrote:There's no "glut" of single older women in the USA. I assure you they still receive a considerable amount of attention from American guys. And these days, many of them go for younger guys themselves.

What you're describing may have been true a few decades ago, but not anymore.

On local community sites such as City-Data.com, I regualrly see posts by 45-year-old men in cities like Denver, Vegas, LA, and even on the East Coast, who are wealthy and successful, and who'd like nothing more than to find a woman around 35, and they're struggling to even get that. I'm not kidding. It's not because American women are X, Y, or Z, it's because there aren't enough women period. They don't have a selection to choose from in the first place, so it's not like they're rejecting American women because they don't like them.

I agree and this was my experience. Post divorce I assumed I would be relagated to women between 45-55 and that is who i dated for a couple years. Unsuccessfully. I mean I figured, I have a great job, nice home/car, stable life - I should have no trouble with the middle aged set. But was I wrong. The women in this age category are incredibly picky, and if they are decent looking will date younger men. I dated an attractive 50-something, whose previously bf was 29. It was a struggle and even if the women liked me, I was uninspired by them.

I was beginning to worry thinking that if I had trouble with my demographic, well life was gonna get really boring, when I met and starting dating a 30-something girl. More fun, more sex and from then on I left the menopausal women behind. After discovering foreign women, even the 30-somethings have been left behind.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Someone » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:44 pm

I think the friendliness/approachability can be deceiving.

American girls may be cold and bitchy, but they're bitchy with guys they aren't interested in. With American girls it's actually kind of easy because you know exactly where you stand. With Russin women it's a little different, theyre very friendly, but that doesn't always mean they're romantically interested.
Someone
Freshman Poster

Postby Someone » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm

GuitarGuy996 wrote:My gut feeling is that ego and pride holds many men going back from going overseas. Going abroad to find a wife is still taboo and many view it as a sign of weakness.

This may all change soon though, especially as I recently watched a PUA video in the Ukraine on this site. Once the PUA's and douchebags start going over there things will change.

They already are going there. Many PUAs are stationed in Latvia, Estonia etc and are bagging the local chicks.

But I would argue that the men who are on the fence about finding a wife abroad do have some legitimate concerns. For one thing, it's easy to get burned as many of them are just after a green card. But even apart from that, you'd have to live with a person who has nothing in common with you culturally and doesn't speak your language. If you want to talk at the end of your day and share your life with that person, having a language and culture barrier is incredibly frustrating. You have sex, which is critical, but do you have companionship?
Someone
Freshman Poster

Postby WuFan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Someone wrote:
GuitarGuy996 wrote:My gut feeling is that ego and pride holds many men going back from going overseas. Going abroad to find a wife is still taboo and many view it as a sign of weakness.

They already are going there. Many PUAs are stationed in Latvia, Estonia etc and are bagging the local chicks.

But I would argue that the men who are on the fence about finding a wife abroad do have some legitimate concerns. For one thing, it's easy to get burned as many of them are just after a green card. But even apart from that, you'd have to live with a person who has nothing in common with you culturally and doesn't speak your language. If you want to talk at the end of your day and share your life with that person, having a language and culture barrier is incredibly frustrating. You have sex, which is critical, but do you have companionship?

lol

PUA is a synonym for virgin.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Postby ***JP*** » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Ukraine has already become a very exploited place because it's not just PUA who are going there nowadays but also there is a lot of men from other countries going there in masses. Ukraine has pretty much become a sex tourist destination which has made things bad for honest good men trying to find the love of their lives.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby GuitarGuy996 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm

This site is about being happier abroad yet it's forum is filled with nay-sayers.

I'm all about living in the real world but the negative attitude present on the forum is really disappointing.

Are there any success stories here or is this just a fleeting fantasy? Thanks.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:23 am

GuitarGuy996 wrote:This site is about being happier abroad yet it's forum is filled with nay-sayers.

I'm all about living in the real world but the negative attitude present on the forum is really disappointing.

Are there any success stories here or is this just a fleeting fantasy? Thanks.

Don't let the negativity get to you. Yes, your social life will improve dramatically if you go overseas. In Russia, I read that for every 8 single men, there are 10 single women. In Ukraine, there are 3.5 million more women than men. These are stats I found from various websites last year.

Compare that to the US, where there are 4 million more single men than single women between the ages 18-45. Also, in America, 50% of the woman are overweight and even if she is not fat, just how many hotties are there in the United Ugly States of America? :lol:

Women in eastern Europe, Russia, Philippines, South America and Mexico are a thousand times more freindly and approachable than women in the US. In America you need to depend on your friends in order to meet women (or go to bars and clubs). In most foreign countries, you can just meet women naturally like in bookstores and grocery store and you don't need to learn any PUA crap either.

Women in America get asked out by guys all the time, even if the woman is just average looking. I read in Mens Health Magazine that women in New York city get asked out on average 300 times a year! No wonder they are so picky about what guys they go out, they have lot's of guys asking them out. :shock:

I believe America is the most difficult country in the world to meet women. I would like someone to do a survey on what countries are the most difficult to meet women, I bet the US would win hands down! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:50 am

Myself and 2Fly have been over this....

There are more single women in FSU than men there and men willing to go see them from other countries FULL STOP.

Is the ratio really 12:1? Didn't you see the entire video or just use selective listening/watching? They outlined the reasons why, shorter life expectancy, heavy drinking, car accidents from heavy drinking, multiple relationships, etc, etc, etc.

You'll find this theme repeated often throughout FSU. The men simply don't care. When its time to find a woman, you just go get one. If a guy is married to three women and they don't fight over him, do you have to be beaten over the head with a stick to understand? Sure those women aren't the best looking women, so what. The point of the story is that for many women who are attractive and single can't find a man worth marrying.

Some sites are legit, some agencies are legit, some are not. The point is, you'll find more women than you know what to do with over there. Even finding women who speak English isn't as hard as it sounds. But you're also overlooking a TON of women at that point and that's what most Western men do, they look for the girl that speaks workable English first.

I had a falling out with Kamila that I will go into detail at a later time. But she's a product of a trend that happening all over FSU. As Economies in these countries improve, they are going to want reach for career success, at the expense of everything else - Sound familiar? This is not happening in great numbers so there is not alarm that needs to be sounded. Just be mindful of the young, sophisticated FSU woman, she is likely one of these women. To get one of these girls you'll need to have your sh*t together ahead of time.

However most of these women are in the major cities.... Easy enough to avoid.

That leaves a ton of women who don't get letters, messages or anything and the average length on a dating site for most women is 8-9 months. I know women still on the AFA site from two, three, four years ago... Still on there, still looking, still available and all speak English...

So while we can talk about ratios until we're blue in the face and that no women will be lined up at the airport (That only happens in AU and to US Navy, especially Black Men...)
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ***JP*** » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:58 am

I wasn't trying to be negative on what I posted. As a community we all post here the good and the bad. If the PUA's are already invading Ukraine this should be a wake up call to all the guys here who seek real love abroad to wake up and it's time to pack the bags and head over to your countries of choice because these PUA'S are so greedy that now they want to ruin everything for us abroad too. From what I saw in that PUA video looks like domestic femmenazis are not enough for them. I know in a lot of countries women have self respect and like the good guys. This is something that we need to fight tooth and nail because the minute the PUA'S travel more abroad we can expect that our chances will get slim. I did travel abroad myself and now I'm planning to move to Vilnius to be with my sweetheart. To end my post on a very positive note this post even though I did point out some negative is to all the guys here is go for what you want and let nothing stop you. The more of us who end up with foreign women the more it will be a slap to the face to AW and to once and for all beat those PUA'S and show them that we are not gonna sit back and watch them take over.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Postby GuitarGuy996 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Jp. Great post. I agree 100%.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:44 pm

***JP*** wrote:I wasn't trying to be negative on what I posted. As a community we all post here the good and the bad. If the PUA's are already invading Ukraine this should be a wake up call to all the guys here who seek real love abroad to wake up and it's time to pack the bags and head over to your countries of choice because these PUA'S are so greedy that now they want to ruin everything for us abroad too. From what I saw in that PUA video looks like domestic femmenazis are not enough for them. I know in a lot of countries women have self respect and like the good guys. This is something that we need to fight tooth and nail because the minute the PUA'S travel more abroad we can expect that our chances will get slim. I did travel abroad myself and now I'm planning to move to Vilnius to be with my sweetheart. To end my post on a very positive note this post even though I did point out some negative is to all the guys here is go for what you want and let nothing stop you. The more of us who end up with foreign women the more it will be a slap to the face to AW and to once and for all beat those PUA'S and show them that we are not gonna sit back and watch them take over.

PUA invading? Is this forgetting the monger community who are mostly contractors and business professionals who touched down in most of these countries after the USSR collapsed? They didn't have to use PUA trickery to get laid or even find a long term girlfriend. The women quite literally threw themselves at Western (North American) men. This is where the idea of large age gaps drum beat comes from. When women where trying to escape savage inflation, you'll do almost anything including marrying a man twice your age.

Mongers have left almost a generation of broken promises and broken hearts. PUA is being used by newbie/late to the party so-called "Professionals" usually Gen Y turps when such things are not needed, especially in FSU.

That shit might work on Western Women because there is a level of mixed messaging at play in the media that women see.

For people that never been -

Look, make a decision and go. Ukraine because it no longer requires a Visa to get too has been invaded by not just so-called PUA but also the AFA's of the world. It was already a "Sex Tourist" spot, this is not NEW information, a NEW revelation or anything like that. The truth is most countries, even so-called Feminazi strong holds like the USA and Scandinavia all have PROSTITUTION!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions