Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Winston change your site banner

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Yes, all the logos here are very good.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm

eurobrat wrote:What time is it in Taiwan?

.psd is photoshop

To get the time in Taiwan, you can add 12 hours to East Coast time, but that's harder to remember cause you have to memorize the number 12. An easier way to find the time in Taiwan, is to just take the current East Coast time and flip the AM and PM around. I don't know why no one else uses that method except me. They always tell people to do it the hard way, by trying to remember to add 12 hours, which people soon forget afterward and have to find out again.

Or you can always go to Google and type "Time in Taiwan" and it will show the time on the first result.

What time are you usually on Skype?

I don't have Photoshop. I have something called PaintShop Pro, but it's a pain in the ass to use and I can't even figure out how to create letters with it. Their help menu is terrible and the panel is not user friendly at all.

Well now the letters are too close to the globe. lol. I said just a little bit closer, not that much. lol

Btw, when I view the logo from afar, the letters look kind of plain and too simple and plain. Do you think a different font would be better? One that gives the letters more style or personality? Otherwise, the plain block style of the letters looks a bit dull, don't you think?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:10 pm

You can download photoshop. I am online all the time. I added you on Skype.

@Jackal

Thx took like 45mins.

Winston it looks great, thanks for the input. I can move them a little further apart.

Pick a font I can change it easily.

Yes it's dull but I just modeled it after what you already have up.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:07 am

Hey, next time, don't put five short sentences in five posts in a row. That looks like a waste of space. lol I went ahead and combined all those five sentences into one post for you.

Where do you download photoshop? Isn't that Adobe Photoshop? That's expensive, and takes up a lot of space and memory.

There are so many fonts. Most of them are weird. Maybe you can see what it looks like in Verdana, Georgia, or Eurostile? Eurostile is a sleek looking font, but only some programs have it. I don't know why.

Ok I'll find you on Skype then. Wow you are in Missouri? What's it like there? I heard that Midwest people are more down to earth.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:37 am

Winston wrote:I heard that Midwest people are more down to earth.

Illinois here.

Down to earth? Nope, same garbage. People are the worst here, IMO. I was actually making lifelong friends and meeting women when I was in Arizona. Totally not the case now that I am in the midwest.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Postby ManInSiam » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:26 am

delete
Last edited by ManInSiam on Thu May 10, 2012 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ManInSiam
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 am

Well I don't have time to bother with Photoshop now. I can just move around the letters and globe in MS Paint. There is an easy way of doing that. But I can't create graphics. I'll just leave that to others. lol

I heard that if you compare Midwest folks to West Coast folks, that Midwest people will seem more down to earth in comparison.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 am

No! There not down to earth here at all. And the women are even more bratty here then they were in California. This place sucks!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 am

Eurostile:

Verdana:

Georgia:
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am

Excellent. I think the Verdana one looks the best. What about you? The Eurostile looks good too. But the Verdana letters looks the most proportionate. What font were you using before? Arial?

I'll probably go ahead and use the Verdana one. It looks just like an Arial font.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

Wait, so you wanted me to change the font from arial to something else because it was too boring but you pick the one that's closest to Arial?

lol

I requested access on Skype BTW.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Ok I've decided I'll use the Verdana one. Can you make the globe bigger, like you wanted? I think you are right that it looks better with the globe a little bigger (but not too big). That will be the last change.

I've been working all night on me and Steve's Powerpoint presentation for our AFA interview. This is important and I want Steve to review our presentation first, before I submit it. I'll get to finding you on Skype soon.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Get on Skype and I will send you the file.

What other file types does your software except?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 pm

eurobrat wrote:Get on Skype and I will send you the file.

What other file types does your software except?

Ok send me the .PSD file and I'll try to open it in PaintShop Pro.

It was nice talking to you last night. You had some interesting stories to share. You are right that the guys here are like me in that they are no-nonsense, brutally honest, and get right to the point, with no beating around the bush. lol

Btw, I just installed your logo into the top of the forum. How does it look?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:14 pm

pm me your email it's a bigger file and I will send it through. You can get photoshop for free from piratebay.org
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions