Do you ever want kids?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Do you ever want kids?

Yes
53%
No
32%
Unsure
16%

Total votes: 19
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Do you ever want kids?

Post by OzGuy »

Ever since I was a child, I have never wanted to have children. Now that I am approaching my 30's, this still hasn't changed.

I can honestly never see myself having children, or even getting married for that matter. Here are some reasons why I have decided not to have children:

- The world is already over populated
- Children are expensive
- Children take away your freedom
- Can't travel with kids
- Children are noisy
- Messy if you break up with your partner, and if she is female then chances are she'll get custody by default.
- If your child is born a male, he will be disadvantaged in almost every aspect.

I'm also not keen on marriage, as it is primarily setup just to benefit the woman. In the event of divorce, women get pretty much everything, especially if kids are involved.

In Winston's articles he mentions that one of the reasons why he prefers asian/russian/european women is because they are family orientated and want kids. I would have to say that this is the only thing I wouldn't like about them.

Are there any of these women who don't want kids either? It seems nearly impossible to find ANY sort of woman that doesn't want kids. Which of these regions would have women least likely to want children?

Do you ever want kids yourself?
Last edited by OzGuy on March 27th, 2012, 12:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Yes, I want kids. They're part of my "family plan" to marry, have children, and visit/live in other countries to provide my children with a multilingual & international experience.

If you don't like kids, then you shouldn't have them. Kids are expensive, preschool around here cost upwards of $1200/mo.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

yes I guess I better want them, since I have two already with my ex..and new wife is working on making it number 3 if possible...so yes I guess I want them...LOL

Outwest
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

NO!!! I do NOT want kids at all. I have a vasectomy to make sure of that.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

OzGuy, if you don't want kids, then I recommend never settling down with a Brazilian woman. In Brazil, large extended families are the norm, unlike the nuclear arrangement in many stateside families.

For kids free arrangements, you'll need to look into women in Germany, where birthrates are low and women, relatively speaking, are less keen on having them than in let's say South America or Asia.
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

hey OP i agree kids do nothing for me. people will hate if you are open about not having kids. men unlike women are not under the same pressure culturally to have kids. its easy for a guy in his 50s to dismiss having kids, george clooney is my idol. you should look into a vasectomy as it will ensure you never become a dad by accident
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)

the dude abides
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Good for you Ozguy now you can stop posting dumb polls.

Congrats for buying into the elite's Eugenics argument. The world is not overpopulated, Elites have too much money, too much power and control over resources.

Children cost on average $26K a year in America. What else were you going to spend money on? An expensive sports car you can't drive properly? More house than you need?

You can take vacations, own big homes and boats, all that if you plan correctly. Most people don't properly plain for children.

Who said you can't travel with children, where are you going? There are thousands of couples that have not cut back on traveling and raised their children in whatever country they were in at the time.

Don't marry the wrong person and I get tired of people saying, that not marrying the wrong person is foolproof. Of course its full proof when materialism didn't dominate and divorce wasn't easy to get marriages lasted. While some of them were not loving relationships, that is not the case for all of them. You worked out your problems together, you didn't go running off to your siblings who automatically agree with you adding to the problem not solving it.

I don't care if you don't wanna have children great, fantastic. You trying to see how many people agree with you? I don't hate or even get upset at people who don't want gets, just don't convince me you're largely selfish POV is the right one.

Finally White people are sealing their own doom. Go ahead and don't have children.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

S_Parc wrote:OzGuy, if you don't want kids, then I recommend never settling down with a Brazilian woman. In Brazil, large extended families are the norm, unlike the nuclear arrangement in many stateside families.

For kids free arrangements, you'll need to look into women in Germany, where birthrates are low and women, relatively speaking, are less keen on having them than in let's say South America or Asia.
Your right though I can find enough women in Germany willing to have children in a loving, stable, relationship.

These guys should chase the careerist woman, of course they don't have time for them either...
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

djformoney having kids is selfish. trust me outside of your family and maybe some friends no one wants you to have kids. its not easy to travel with kids, i dont even see how you can argue that. up until recently having kids was a economic beneifit as most people made their incomes from agriculture. now it is expensive to raise kids. unless you are fabulously wealthy the freedom in your life decreases a lot after having kids. i dont think a lot of guys critically think about all the financial and time demands it takes to have kids. you will meet people who regretted having kids but ive never meet a man who never regretted not having them.

Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)

the dude abides
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

I've never wanted children. Had a vasectomy in my early thirties and have never regretted it, not even for one second. Absolute peace of mind on the "Oops, I got pregnant, now fund my life" front. Bliss.

I'm not saying anyone who wants kids is wrong, though - each to his own.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Twobrains wrote:I've never wanted children. Had a vasectomy in my early thirties and have never regretted it, not even for one second. Absolute peace of mind on the "Oops, I got pregnant, now fund my life" front. Bliss.

I'm not saying anyone who wants kids is wrong, though - each to his own.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Teal Lantern on October 9th, 2012, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

I agree with royaldude. Having children is the most selfish thing ever.

Twobrains, I had my vasectomy at age 30 last year and do NOT regret it also.
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by suprmon »

djfourmoney wrote:
October 8th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Good for you Ozguy now you can stop posting dumb polls.

Congrats for buying into the elite's Eugenics argument. The world is not overpopulated, Elites have too much money, too much power and control over resources.

Children cost on average $26K a year in America. What else were you going to spend money on? An expensive sports car you can't drive properly? More house than you need?

You can take vacations, own big homes and boats, all that if you plan correctly. Most people don't properly plain for children.

Who said you can't travel with children, where are you going? There are thousands of couples that have not cut back on traveling and raised their children in whatever country they were in at the time.

Don't marry the wrong person and I get tired of people saying, that not marrying the wrong person is foolproof. Of course its full proof when materialism didn't dominate and divorce wasn't easy to get marriages lasted. While some of them were not loving relationships, that is not the case for all of them. You worked out your problems together, you didn't go running off to your siblings who automatically agree with you adding to the problem not solving it.

I don't care if you don't wanna have children great, fantastic. You trying to see how many people agree with you? I don't hate or even get upset at people who don't want gets, just don't convince me you're largely selfish POV is the right one.

Finally White people are sealing their own doom. Go ahead and don't have children.
Here we go again!! Another Mr. "know-it-all" trying to influence his way life on others! Whatever happened to "letting people make there own decisions" about what they want to do with their lives? Or maybe your one of those people that go around promoting others to bring as many unwanted children into the world so they can be used and manipulated! Children are not consumer products to be possessed!