Let's do a roll call- who here lives abroad and who doesn't?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Great thread - encouraging.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Year-round stay - Intellectual countries

Post by Jester »

emh wrote: I was going to post a "rant" on why I gave up on Latin America but decided against it. I could probably deal with the lesser intellectual culture but there are lots of other issues.
Well, I vote that you go ahead and start a thread on "Why I Left Latin America". (Not that anyone asked me...)
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

gsjackson wrote:
emh wrote:I'm from the US and I'm basically "homeless" right now. As I mentioned in another thread, the last place I lived was Peru. But I finally gave up on the Latin American countries...just not for me. I recently visited Ukraine which I really liked but Ukraine has recently made it harder for foreigners to stay long-term. So I'm trying to figure out if I can make it work or not. I'm writing this from Poland but I have no idea where I'll be in a week.
Emh, I don't think you weighed in from Ukraine after Odessa, where you didn't seem at all smitten. Did you get a good impression of Kiev and the country in general?
You're 100% right. I let the ball drop. I'll see what I can do later today or tomorrow.
emh
Freshman Poster

Re: Year-round stay - Intellectual countries

Post by emh »

Jester wrote:
emh wrote: I was going to post a "rant" on why I gave up on Latin America but decided against it. I could probably deal with the lesser intellectual culture but there are lots of other issues.
Well, I vote that you go ahead and start a thread on "Why I Left Latin America". (Not that anyone asked me...)
I may. If I can get myself to focus for more than 10 seconds. :D :D :D
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Somehow I doubt EMH will be forthcoming with any information whatsoever.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

zboy1 wrote:Working on getting all my documents ready to teach in Korea. Have to get my college degree and FBI background check apostilled before I can go. Should be there sometime in June, hopefully!
I'm in Seoul. Any of you guys who end up here want to go drink soju and cause some trouble just PM me. It's a great city.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

sushiman wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Working on getting all my documents ready to teach in Korea. Have to get my college degree and FBI background check apostilled before I can go. Should be there sometime in June, hopefully!
I'm in Seoul. Any of you guys who end up here want to go drink soju and cause some trouble just PM me. It's a great city.
I hope to be in S. Korea sometime in the fall, hopefully. Are you teaching in Korea? Do you like the country? It's good to know someone on HA is living there.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Nope no English teaching for me, I'm here making the big bucks :), American firm that does business with the Koreans. Actually I own an English school on the side but don't actually do anything, someone else runs it. You'll have a blast, wish I would have come here when I was in my 20s. Send a PM if you come I'll get you a beer and brief you on the culture.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

Hector Pascals wrote:I'm in Mogadishu, Somalia ... I host hunting tours where right thinking men can come and hunt down known terrorists ... it's a happy hunting ground ...
Michael Toal, are you? I thought you were still in Afghanistan.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

lets just say the interesting posts on this forum certainly don't come from guys who are stuck in america