Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Where should this 40yo black guy go?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Where should this 40yo black guy go?

Postby coopers317 » April 17th, 2012, 5:22 pm

I'm a 40 yo mature black guy...been dating in the US for the past few years post-divorce, and now realize I have got to get out of the country. I've been to France and Italy a few years ago (when married) and absolutely loved it. I would go back, but prob need to venture out a bit.

I'm about to take three weeks to go somewhere out of the country. I was positively dead set on going to Brazil a few weeks ago, before checking out this forum...Then I caught this thread (http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4856) where other countries were mentioned as pretty black friendly. Not looking to make it a race thing, just want to maximize my experience. A few countries that caught my attention were Sweden, Latvia, Czech Republic. Now, I'm second guessing myself and looking at Sweden or maybe Latvia...I realize that these are completely different locales, but for those who have been to both places just wanted to get your perspective on which one you like more? Brazil, Sweden, EE...and why? Is Brazil still good? I've read a few places that it's not quite the same now...just wondering. Thanks!
coopers317
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: April 17th, 2012, 5:16 pm




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Where should this 40yo black guy go?

Postby Bakari Neferu » April 18th, 2012, 7:46 pm

coopers317 wrote:I'm a 40 yo mature black guy...been dating in the US for the past few years post-divorce, and now realize I have got to get out of the country. I've been to France and Italy a few years ago (when married) and absolutely loved it. I would go back, but prob need to venture out a bit.

I'm about to take three weeks to go somewhere out of the country. I was positively dead set on going to Brazil a few weeks ago, before checking out this forum...Then I caught this thread (http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4856) where other countries were mentioned as pretty black friendly. Not looking to make it a race thing, just want to maximize my experience. A few countries that caught my attention were Sweden, Latvia, Czech Republic. Now, I'm second guessing myself and looking at Sweden or maybe Latvia...I realize that these are completely different locales, but for those who have been to both places just wanted to get your perspective on which one you like more? Brazil, Sweden, EE...and why? Is Brazil still good? I've read a few places that it's not quite the same now...just wondering. Thanks!


I'm a Black guy, but I am mostly into Black women. It seems from your post that you are not. I just wanted to comment on your question about Brazil. You do realize that Brazil is a country right? Not a city or some small town somewhere in Idaho. You can tell this easily simply by looking at an atlas. The people who told you that it is no longer as "good" are probably only concerned with the more popular cites like Rio. Again, Rio is a city that is hundreds of thousands of times smaller than Brazil, which is a country.

In other words, instead of going to one city that you feel might be overrated, why not simply go to a different region of Brazil? Better yet, why go to Brazil at all? There other countries in South America, again, all you need to do is look at a world map. You said that you had your heart set on Brazil before, and then changed your mind. Well if you're into white or excessively light-skinned women why not just go to the Middle East? Very Caucasian. Very exotic.

And if you prefer something closer to home, you can also just go to some place like Puerto Rico or Costa Rica. You'll find a bunch of women of European descent there, as well as most other places in Central America.

Personally, I don't really see what the issue is. Outside of places like the US, Canada, Australia, and Europe, I would presume most women to basically be the same, it's just the culture that is different. They usually are nice, and are usually not concerned about you're being Black. They're either attractive to you or they're not. You either like them or you don't.

I would just suggest that you simply Google search any particular country you are looking to go to and type the name of it in conjunction with the words "nice people" or "friendly people" and grade its viability as a vacation destination based off of the kinds of affirmations you receive. Wikitravel would probably also serve as a descent grading tool.
F*ck Self Hating Black People. Disgraces.
Bakari Neferu
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 47
Joined: April 8th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Re: Where should this 40yo black guy go?

Postby coopers317 » April 19th, 2012, 1:55 am

Bakari Neferu wrote:
coopers317 wrote:I'm a 40 yo mature black guy...been dating in the US for the past few years post-divorce, and now realize I have got to get out of the country. I've been to France and Italy a few years ago (when married) and absolutely loved it. I would go back, but prob need to venture out a bit.

I'm about to take three weeks to go somewhere out of the country. I was positively dead set on going to Brazil a few weeks ago, before checking out this forum...Then I caught this thread (http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4856) where other countries were mentioned as pretty black friendly. Not looking to make it a race thing, just want to maximize my experience. A few countries that caught my attention were Sweden, Latvia, Czech Republic. Now, I'm second guessing myself and looking at Sweden or maybe Latvia...I realize that these are completely different locales, but for those who have been to both places just wanted to get your perspective on which one you like more? Brazil, Sweden, EE...and why? Is Brazil still good? I've read a few places that it's not quite the same now...just wondering. Thanks!


I'm a Black guy, but I am mostly into Black women. It seems from your post that you are not. I just wanted to comment on your question about Brazil. You do realize that Brazil is a country right? Not a city or some small town somewhere in Idaho. You can tell this easily simply by looking at an atlas. The people who told you that it is no longer as "good" are probably only concerned with the more popular cites like Rio. Again, Rio is a city that is hundreds of thousands of times smaller than Brazil, which is a country.

In other words, instead of going to one city that you feel might be overrated, why not simply go to a different region of Brazil? Better yet, why go to Brazil at all? There other countries in South America, again, all you need to do is look at a world map. You said that you had your heart set on Brazil before, and then changed your mind. Well if you're into white or excessively light-skinned women why not just go to the Middle East? Very Caucasian. Very exotic.

And if you prefer something closer to home, you can also just go to some place like Puerto Rico or Costa Rica. You'll find a bunch of women of European descent there, as well as most other places in Central America.

Personally, I don't really see what the issue is. Outside of places like the US, Canada, Australia, and Europe, I would presume most women to basically be the same, it's just the culture that is different. They usually are nice, and are usually not concerned about you're being Black. They're either attractive to you or they're not. You either like them or you don't.

I would just suggest that you simply Google search any particular country you are looking to go to and type the name of it in conjunction with the words "nice people" or "friendly people" and grade its viability as a vacation destination based off of the kinds of affirmations you receive. Wikitravel would probably also serve as a descent grading tool.



Thanks for the info. And uh, I'm quite sure I know that Brazil is a country. I was speaking in very general terms, and asking for impressions of both places from those who have been to both.

As far as my preference in women, you could not be further from the truth or knowing what I am about. I'm into all women. But ideally, I have always gone for a pretty black woman, with a little bit of an exotic look...the black american woman has just so turned me off lately. I can't say they all have attitudes, but usually the ones that are really into me, just don't do it for me. And the ones I physically go for, are messed up, even the average looking ones. I don't even think they know how "so done" I am with them.

That is in fact what led me to look at Brazil (Rio, Salvador, and inland Belo Horizento and Brasilia-mulatto, maybe darker, exotic with some euro features). Sure, I could go for a more white looking brazilian, but they can't just look like a regular white girl from the states. I've also seen pics of darker olive skinned thai and filipina that I could easily go for, and prefer, esp the ones that have a bit of the spanish influence.

But sure, I could definitely go for a blue/grey eyed swede or ee woman with a nice body and the sexy accent...I digress though lol. I guess the one thing they all these women have in common is attractive, nice body, and something a little different or exotic about them.

But please do not assume you know my taste in women and attribute anything I say to any sort of black self-hatred. You are way off track.
coopers317
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: April 17th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Postby coopers317 » April 19th, 2012, 2:02 am

And by the way, I'm black.
coopers317
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: April 17th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Postby Rocky Top » April 19th, 2012, 2:38 am

If you are looking for the perfect combination of nice spring-like weather, plenty of activities, metropolitan appeal, budget conscious and plenty of ladies all around, then I can't think of many places you can go for a "starter" trip than Medellin, Colombia. As a black guy in my late 30's, I really appreciated the spring weather as opposed to the summer heat and humidity I'm used to in The South.

It didn't get above 80 degrees the entire time I was there and it was the week after Memorial Day last year.

There will be people that are more traveled than myself that will suggest other options, but as far as just a place to get your feet wet and get a little taste, Medellin isn't a bad place to get it started. Plus, if you go to VRBO or sights like that, you can find affordable apartments that offer 2 week reservations near Parque Lleras/Pablado.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 231
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 4:23 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Where should this 40yo black guy go?

Postby Jester » April 19th, 2012, 3:51 am

coopers317 wrote:Not looking to make it a race thing, just want to maximize my experience.


Thanks for that, that can get really old on some forums.

Re your question I think you are right on target with your choices. I haven't been to the countries named, so I will have to defer to anyone with boots-on-the-ground time. However, judging from "F.O.B." immigrants and students I've socialized with here, from Sweden, Medellin, and Sao Paolo, you will have a blast in any of these places.

I suspect that Sweden will be more about an easy NSA experience, and Medellin may be a little more about "prepagos". Medellin might be the best choice if looking for LTR, but you should probably "pipeline" I think, to get the "good girls" interested in advance.

i think you will find acceptance in all three places.

No idea about Latvia.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Where should this 40yo black guy go?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » April 19th, 2012, 7:19 am

coopers317 wrote: A few countries that caught my attention were Sweden, Latvia, Czech Republic. Now, I'm second guessing myself and looking at Sweden or maybe Latvia...I realize that these are completely different locales, but for those who have been to both places just wanted to get your perspective on which one you like more? Brazil, Sweden, EE...and why? Is Brazil still good? I've read a few places that it's not quite the same now...just wondering. Thanks!


I would cross Latvia off your list. It is inundated with stag parties from the UK and they ruin it for foreign men. There is also a skinhead issue there that you want no part of.

Sweden is not that great either due to the feminist culture over there. Why don't you try Croatia instead?

Stay the hell out of Latin America if you are black (exceptions: Brazil and Argentina).
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Postby aozora13 » April 19th, 2012, 8:37 am

I believe you can try Colombia. However, as Contraian mentioned, the problem with South America is that anyone black (African and otherwise) are looked upon as being inferior. It is sad but true. I also agree on not visiting Riga. It is a nice city, however, there are scammers galore in that city and I was with a French guy and he gave me some good advice about it. The girls are beautiful but because of British guys abusing the foreign factor it hurts other groups to meet nice women.

You have casual relationships in Sweden. Swedish women do like black guys. However, I believe it various if they want a serious relationship and the problem of nation that wants genderless children is not the place a rational person should live.

If you are able too, I think you can try maybe Romania (ironically I found that are a decent few girls that like black guys), Germany (girls are average but they are good for light relationships), possibly other Eastern European countries. Other than that if you like South America as Contrarian mentioned you should check out the countries he mentioned.
aozora13
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 484
Joined: July 28th, 2008, 3:18 pm

Re: Where should this 40yo black guy go?

Postby Rocky Top » April 19th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I would cross Latvia off your list. It is inundated with stag parties from the UK and they ruin it for foreign men. There is also a skinhead issue there that you want no part of.

Sweden is not that great either due to the feminist culture over there. Why don't you try Croatia instead?

Stay the hell out of Latin America if you are black (exceptions: Brazil and Argentina).


You seem to have very strong negative feelings about South America. It may not be exactly perfect, but I was just curious what kind of issues you had with Chile (besides the women being the least attractive in SA) and Colombia.

You are more traveld than myself, and you probably have a better gage of what is out there. But are these differences subtle differences or hugely negative?
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 231
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 4:23 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Where should this 40yo black guy go?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » April 20th, 2012, 12:30 am

Rocky Top wrote:You seem to have very strong negative feelings about South America. It may not be exactly perfect, but I was just curious what kind of issues you had with Chile (besides the women being the least attractive in SA) and Colombia.

You are more traveld than myself, and you probably have a better gage of what is out there. But are these differences subtle differences or hugely negative?

Chile has a subset of good looking women, but most are dogs and they are somewhat too xenophobic about blacks for it to be worth the trouble. Did you know Snookie is half Chilean? Yuck!

Colombia never impressed me, but some people tend to love it. Again, a subset of women are hot as hell there, but that is not the demographic that gravitates toward black men. If you like dirt poor women and escort types, than Colombia is your place as a black men too.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Postby Maker55 » April 20th, 2012, 2:45 am

Dude, western european women have fetishes for black men, why not go there?

Germany, France, Italy and Greece are great places for dating for black men.
Maker55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 522
Joined: December 17th, 2011, 1:08 am


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests