Real men/women ratio on online dating sites

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Real men/women ratio on online dating sites

Post by Banano »

I did experiment with POF this morning and I was surprised that ratio of men/women is much worse for guys then i thought.

Its the hardest for guys to find a women that are mid 20s to early 30s as in that age bracket women are scarce and men are plentifull, for guys in their 40s who look for someone their age situation is much better

Rich suburbs are toughest for guys, I searched area called Toorak in Mlebourne which is one of the most expensive suburbs,
and ratio men/women ( 24- 28 ) years of age was around 15+:1, yes 15 available guys to 1 women, my search returned 34 women seeking men and 480+ men seeking women;
Things are much better if you are in 40-45 age group, then you have 7-8 guys to 1 women

Also its easier for guys in their late teens/early 20s as ratio is about 5:1

Poorer suburbs have healthier odds for men then rich ones, about 6/7:1

Was in a bar yesterday and there was about 3 men per every women and Im being conservative

Now you tell me that OZ is not worse than US? Oz is true dating prison

We have brothels to prevent civil war
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

I have created fake profile of the chick in the photo, In less then 8 hours I received just over 100 messages and many of guys are actually good looking, messages just keep coming in, I indicated that Im actively seeking a relationship.

On scale 1-10, what would you give this chick, 2-3? Guys that are messaging her are 5-9, most of them

Ill let the profile run for a couple of days to see how many responses ill get, this is unprecedented, why mainstream media doesnt talk about this is beyond me.

There is simply shortage of women in this place
Last edited by Banano on April 21st, 2012, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Banano wrote:Image

I have created fake profile of the chick in the photo, In less then 8 hours I received just over 100 messages, messages just keep coming in, I indicated that Im actively seeking a relationship.
It's things like that, that make me want to vomit! An unattractive, overweight woman gets over 100 messages in less than 8 hours! Unfricking believeable! :shock:

At least in Australia, prostitution is legal, in the US it's illegal. So at least men in OZ can get laid a lot easier than men in the United Sex Prison of America! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

Banano wrote:Image

I have created fake profile of the chick in the photo, In less then 8 hours I received just over 100 messages and many of guys are actually good looking, messages just keep coming in, I indicated that Im actively seeking a relationship.

On scale 1-10, what would you give this chick, 2-3? Guys that are messaging her are 5-9, most of them

Ill let the profile run for a couple of days to see how many responses ill get, this is unprecedented, why mainstream media doesnt talk about this is beyond me.

There is simply shortage of women in this place
If she lost a ton of weight she would look pretty. She has an attractive face that is covered in fat.

The way she is now she´s a 3 or so because she´s fat.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Nearly 200 messages in less than 24h.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

Banano,

POF is a site for deviants. Normal people don't subscribe to that site. Normal men don't use it just like normal women don't use it.

If you want to get a true ratio you need to check out a normal website like Match.com, where people pay to become members ($60 for 3 months). And I've done that research and can tell you that the ratio is 1:1 on Match.com, and in fact in the 24-30 range it's less than 1:1, since a lot of women in their late 20s sign up for it.

True, it's hard to satisfy the preferences of 20-something women because they're very picky, but the ratio is not the problem, there are slightly more women on Match than men. Eharmony is another good one to try. Any site where you have to pay to become a member.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

@ someone

Ill be checking out match.com and eharmony.com, I hope I can test them out without paying. I wouldnt mind paying monthly subscribtion fee if i knew id get 2 women per month or even 1 datable or bangable chick

You are right even if ratio is 1:1 women in their 20s will be extremly picky

I met a few women in bar that had their profiles on POF, its is heaven for women
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

@ someone

I experimented with match.com.au and ratios of men:women ranges from 2:1 to 5:1, depending on the city/suburb and age group;

24-30 range is about 2.5-3:1

odds on match.com are somewhat similar to odds I see in bars and pubs

going through some profiles I can see that guys are trying much harder to impress girls then the other way around, trying hard to sell themselves as competition is fierce

I dont see point testing eharmony as odds would be similar to match.com.au

you are lucky man if you are getting 1:1, where do you live?

Does this proves that Oz is living hell for guys and beats US? (with odds like this and knowing women only go for top tier guys)
Last edited by Banano on April 23rd, 2012, 7:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

The women on match.com were as cold and unreceptive as POF or OKC... tried it a year ago and it was a total waste of time and money.

Pay or free, online dating sites are a complete FAIL.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

manly5000 wrote: Pay or free, online dating sites are a complete FAIL.
QFT.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I read an article a couple of years ago that said, in the United States the ratio of men to women in online dating was 4 men for every 1 woman in the 18 to 45 age group.

In other words, 80% of people who use online dating in the 18 to 45 age group are men and only 20% are women. No wonder the women online are so picky about what guys they respond to. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It's early days yet, but on my new free Asian dating site I have 13 men, 15 women and 1 ladyboy.

Filipino Cupid claims 2 women for every man.

But really the statistics are meaningless, especially with international relationships. Of 100 men on that site, maybe 1 will go and visit a lady in the Cebu or somewhere.

And online dating DOES work. I've met some awesome women online, and I'd be married by now if *I* wasn't so picky!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Banano wrote:Nearly 200 messages in less than 24h.
Amazing....truly amazing.....