6 Reasons Your Plans To Move Abroad Might Not Work Out

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

6 Reasons Your Plans To Move Abroad Might Not Work Out

Post by luoldeng9 »

http://www.cracked.com/article_19363_6- ... k-out.html

This is an old article from cracked, so I don't know if you guys have seen it already or not. But what do you guys think? Even though the author is a feminiskank from AuSStralia, and spent some time in Japan and probably was bitter about it because she wasn't put on a pedestal like how feminiskanks are in FemeriKKKa, theres still some truth to the article

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Bunch of crybaby scaremongering by this "writer." All those problems can be found in the U.S. and to a much greater extent in most cities. Plus the social scene isn't some impenetrable freeze out that requires you to be "the man" to get anywhere with anyone.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I read that same article a couple months back. After reading all the comments--you realize just how brainwashed Americans are to believe that their the "greatest country in the world," and all the foreign countries in the world aren't worth your time or money. It's just another propaganda piece to put fear into Americans thinking about leaving the country.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Some people... Wow

Why would going overseas fail and why is the center of it Feminism?

There is no realistic bases for this. Have you been out of the country? Do you stay on top of the news coming out of Europe, SEA, South America?

If you are, then you wouldn't need to post this sort of thing and then ask for an opinion.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

Post by luoldeng9 »

djfourmoney wrote:Some people... Wow

There is no realistic bases for this. Have you been out of the country? Do you stay on top of the news coming out of Europe, SEA, South America?

If you are, then you wouldn't need to post this sort of thing and then ask for an opinion.
I didn't say going overseas means you'll automatically fail. You miss my point. I think going overseas will be a solution to many males in the US. I meant to say that if one doesn't learn the language and customs of the country they go to, life won't be a piece of cake. For example, I've heard many Asian Americans talk about the racism they've had to deal with after visiting Asian countries because they couldn't speak the language. I went to Japan for a week without knowing the language well, and I dealt with numerous people who were rude towards me. Other than the trip to Japan, no, I haven't been out of the country much, so I don't claim to be an expert on this and that's why I wanted more opinions on this.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

luoldeng9 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Some people... Wow

I didn't say going overseas means you'll automatically fail. You miss my point. I think going overseas will be a solution to many males in the US. I meant to say that if one doesn't learn the language and customs of the country they go to, life won't be a piece of cake. For example, I've heard many Asian Americans talk about the racism they've had to deal with after visiting Asian countries because they couldn't speak the language. I went to Japan for a week without knowing the language well, and I dealt with numerous people who were rude towards me. Other than the trip to Japan, no, I haven't been out of the country much, so I don't claim to be an expert on this and that's why I wanted more opinions on this.
Well, any place you go, you should try to assimilate as much as possible to the local culture or else you will end up being ostracized wherever you go. This is even true in the United States, so try to learn the language and culture of the country you wish to go and try to 'fit in' as much as you can.

As for Japan, the xenophobia and racism of the country is just too much in my opinion. It's one of the reasons why I crossed off the country from my list when I decided where I was going to go to teach English overseas. A couple of posters including Ladislav have had similar negative experiences while inside the country, so it isn't limited to only Asian Americans in Japan.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

First I would like to say NOBODY has ever spat at me in Korea.

The article is more USA fear-based bullshit designed to get people to just give up. They can't have the slaves breaking free, you need to keep working like a robot to generate tax revenue and keep the doomed machine working.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

USA culture, and this pre-dates anyone wanting to leave, is based on scaring the shit out of you to stay home.

"It's dangerous out there! Don't go! Stay in the USA! Vacation only here! You will die if you leave!."

Films that enforce this:
Midnight Express
Brokedown Palace
Return to Paradise
Hostel
Touristas