vasectomy

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
kangkana
Freshman Poster

vasectomy

Post by kangkana »

How do you feel about having vasectomy? Okay lets say you'e had a couple of kids and dont want anymore, would you get a vasectomy why or why not?
Last edited by kangkana on May 17th, 2012, 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
provocateur
Freshman Poster

Reversible vasectomy method.

Post by provocateur »

If you have kids already and are single, I would get the vasectomy. Ethically speaking, you should tell the women you date at some point that you have had a vasectomy. I don't know when the best time to do this would be...case by case, I suppose.

Whether or not I have had a vasectomy is not a topic that has ever come up with any women I have been dating. I'd bring it up if I did have one though. Your vasectomy could be a dealbreaker with many women, particularly where having kids is an expectation (Latin America comes to mind).

But hold all those aforementioned thoughts! There is supposed to be a male birth control method coming out soon in the USA, and is available in India now. It is reversible within two or three months (if you change your mind). Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/0 ... 00708.html
PaulB
Freshman Poster

Re: Reversible vasectomy method.

Post by PaulB »

provocateur wrote: But hold all those aforementioned thoughts! There is supposed to be a male birth control method coming out soon in the USA, and is available in India now. It is reversible within two or three months (if you change your mind). Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/0 ... 00708.html
I've been following RISUG for years and you are misinformed. In India it's still in clinical trials (for local men ONLY), and clinical trials in the US have not even started.

I'm already on the contact list if it makes it to clinical trials, but if not this year I may just get a vasectomy.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: Reversible vasectomy method.

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

It is, I am told, becoming more and more common for German men to get the snip and tell no one about it.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

My friend got one and then he met a Filipina that wanted to have kids, it eventually became a problem in their relationship. She was always bugging him about having kids which he did not like and he ended up dumping her after a few years of dating. However, at 37 yrs old he wasn't mature enough to be a responsible father so in his case it was the right decision.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

I've never wanted kids and I had the snip aged 33. I have never regretted it for a split-second, but that's me. It totally took away any worries I had about getting a woman pregnant, and my long-term partner never had to use contraceptives. It has never seemed to affect my sex drive - still plenty juice in the tank years later. Obviously I still use condoms when I'm unsure about a woman's sexual health (i.e. 99% of them!). Best thing I ever did. YMMV

I was dumped once because of it, but only in the very early stages of a relationship, so no worries. Six months later she got married - baby rabies or what?? Haha. She was THAT age.

I guess I'm not going to be very popular with young Filipinas, except for short-term flings. Oh dear .... ;)
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

What about freezing sperm or getting the vasectomy reversed if possible?
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Rocky Top wrote:What about freezing sperm or getting the vasectomy reversed if possible?
I froze some of mine for a few years, but once I was sure it had been the right decision, I allowed it to be destroyed. I think reversal has a reasonable success rate but google for studies on that.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Rocky Top wrote:What about freezing sperm or getting the vasectomy reversed if possible?
And you imagine your guvment wont use your sperm and send you the child support bill?
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!