Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


NA vs. EU

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: overstocks

Postby OzGuy » Fri May 18, 2012 8:10 pm

theyoungagegroup wrote:
Switzerland is too anti-European integration, IMO. Oh, and conscription sucks. :(

And it wasn't a question - it was a statement. :lol:


I actually think Switzerland's neutral stance is a good thing. When the Euro crashed Switzerland was barely affected, because they have their own economy.

Also if there is ever a war, Switzerland won't be involved.

I believe Switzerland also has the lowest unemployment rate in Europe. Before the recession it was only 2.6% (I think its now 4%?). Many years ago it was actually close to zero.
Last edited by OzGuy on Fri May 18, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 am







Postby OzGuy » Fri May 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Someone wrote:Germany agonises over 30% childless women· Highest number in world choose not to have family ... with the figure rising among female graduates to 40%
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/ja ... ukeharding

The reasons are mostly cultural over there,
..."It shows the deep contempt with which raising children is regarded," she said

but, despite various government incentives, German women are loudly saying NO. You chose an example of a Ukrainian woman living in Germany. That's a completely different instance.


Awesome. As a man who has decided not to have kids, this is great news for me.

Its the same in both Switzerland and Austria, which are also German speaking countries. The Germans simply don't like to breed, and when they do its usually only one child.

I also think this has something to do with the way they live. Most of them live in much smaller homes, usually flats - so they don't usually have enough space for a family. Unlike the US and Australia, where everyone thinks its their god given right to own a big house with a yard. People in Australia simply refuse to raise a family in a flat, they are too good for that. So thanks to this attitude, we have urban sprawl issues - it takes ages to get anywhere and lots of traffic. I love the fact that in most European cities you can walk everywhere.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 am

Re: overstocks

Postby tradcom » Fri May 18, 2012 11:02 pm

OzGuy wrote:
theyoungagegroup wrote:
Switzerland is too anti-European integration, IMO. Oh, and conscription sucks. :(

And it wasn't a question - it was a statement. :lol:


I actually think Switzerland's neutral stance is a good thing. When the Euro crashed Switzerland was barely affected, because they have their own economy.

Also if there is ever a war, Switzerland won't be involved.

I believe Switzerland also has the lowest unemployment rate in Europe. Before the recession it was only 2.6% (I think its now 4%?). Many years ago it was actually close to zero.


I'm not sure what period of time you're referring to, because the euro hasn't crashed once since it was created. Don't believe the mainstream (Anglo) media. (Also, a currency isn't an economy.)

You also failed to address the conscription issue.
tradcom
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: overstocks

Postby OzGuy » Fri May 18, 2012 11:48 pm

theyoungagegroup wrote:
OzGuy wrote:
theyoungagegroup wrote:
Switzerland is too anti-European integration, IMO. Oh, and conscription sucks. :(

And it wasn't a question - it was a statement. :lol:


I actually think Switzerland's neutral stance is a good thing. When the Euro crashed Switzerland was barely affected, because they have their own economy.

Also if there is ever a war, Switzerland won't be involved.

I believe Switzerland also has the lowest unemployment rate in Europe. Before the recession it was only 2.6% (I think its now 4%?). Many years ago it was actually close to zero.


I'm not sure what period of time you're referring to, because the euro hasn't crashed once since it was created. Don't believe the mainstream (Anglo) media. (Also, a currency isn't an economy.)

You also failed to address the conscription issue.


Yes, I don't agree with conscription. But military service is only compulsory for men up to 25. But yes, they should also make women do it as well.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 am

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Sun May 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Someone wrote:I understand women very well. The majority would like the "possibility" of children but not the vast majority, around 2/3 these days. I regularly check women's forums such as IVillage.com and Shine@yahoo.


Someone...you seem to not understand women at all. You think what woman are saying in forums to each other is a good way to see what women are really thinking about babies? You might need to take a look into the eyes of women trying to get babies and see how much the baby rabies is striking them. And yes...I do speak to quite a few german women in my travels and in the 30s, the older they get, to more they want kids. In germany it can take to 25 or 28 to get finished with the PHDs etc and get set up in a career etc. That leaves a very short time to have babies. At my client in germany, because the men are in their 30s or early 40s, quite a few of them have young children. Very often the women are having children in the 35-40 age range.....quite often the women have degrees, masters or PHDs.

When I talk to the women who have children and are back at work their usual most vocal "complaint" is that they wish to be home with the kids. On the last day before christmas one such colleague who is in her 40s and with two children was commenting to me that she really wished that she was not at work and home with her children. I commented back that this is what women demanded to have, us men tried to tell women it was not so wonderful to work but women did not listen to us, and here you are. I also added...not to worry, you only have another 20 years or so of working to go. She was a little "upset" but I had said nothing that was not absolutely true and she knew it. Men have been doing this sort of thing since we were living in caves. Women wanted a taste of it....and they do not like the taste they are getting.

Someone wrote:Lol. Women are caretakers themselves, they take care of their aging husbands and parents. What you mentioned above is a far greater motivator for men than for women...


Women take care of their aging husbands? Women are care takers? My, my.....you really do not know much about the "modern woman". When a man gets sick women now divorce him and steal everything from him in a flash. This even happens when his illness is the result of car accidents etc. A guy in the US donated his kidney to his wife in a life threatening situation and she then divorced him and cleaned him out.

Men know that their women will not take care of them. Just look at the terrible treatment of men in hospitals. In the UK a dying man asked for a glass of water and the nurse would not give it to him. He asked for his mobile to call his wife and she refused that as well. He died that night.

Such is not uncommon. When I was in hospital in 95 I had a procedure to block a hole in my spinal column put there by and incompetent female doctor. When I came back from surgery I was strapped to the bed so I could not move to allow the blocking to work properly. I had not eaten for 24 hours. I asked for food and water and the nurse claimed it was not her problem to feed me or bring me water even though I was strapped to a bed as part of a medical procedure. When my wife came the two of them LAUGHED over me for "acting like a child" in asking for FOOD AND WATER!!

Women are caretakers? Total bullshit now. Not even in a HOSPITAL can you get food and water from a woman without them attempting to criticise you and humiliate you. The days of women like my mother who tended to my father when he was injured when I was about 15 are LONG GONE.

Put any ideas that women will take care of you out of your head. It is NOT going to happen in the western countries.


PS. One more example. In 99 when I slipped two disks in my back I was shot to the moon on pain killers and had physio twice a day to try and recover my sipped disks into position. And I mean that I had to crawl to the toilet on my hands and knees and was in agony for the period I had to sit vertically on the toilet with the pressure on my skipped disks. Until you have slipped disks you can just not imagine the pain.

After about 48 hours as the heavy doses of painkillers wore off I felt hungry and asked my wife to bring me some food and water. Her response was “why should I fetch and carry for you, I am not your slaveâ€￾.

THAT is what you can expect from a wife now. I am hardly alone in having that experience. And by the way? This is not unique to western woman and it is not new either. My Czech girlfriend told me that she returned home one time to visit her dying father. He had a colostomy bag as part of his medical condition.

His “loving and caring wifeâ€￾ refused to change it for him and he has been weakened and could not do it for himself any more. His son also refused to change it. So when my GF got home it happened to be near bursting and no one would help him change it. So she did her best but as they removed it the bag burst and made a huge mess. The mother and brother refused to help clean it up and my GF was on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor to get the smell out of it.

Her father died not long after this incident. Her comment to me was “how could any woman, especially my mother, be so uncaring of her husband as to not even help him when he is dying after nearly 30 years of marriage?â€￾ She was deeply disturbed by this event. She could not image people could be so uncaring to each other, especially her mother to her father.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Re: NA vs. EU

Postby ph_visitor » Sun May 20, 2012 1:54 pm

theyoungagegroup wrote:The fact is, EU countries are actually developed, while the US is not - and Canada is little better. EU citizens have numerous benefits that simply don't exist here - a full-fledged public healthcare system, for instance, as opposed to even Canada's sad excuse for one, a high-quality education system, something that simply doesn't exist in NA, and government support during economic downturns - which is all but absent in NA (Canada's welfare system is even more of a sad joke than the healthcare system).


These benefits are going away.

Europe was able to have huge social welfare states after WW2 because the USA took up the job of defence.
This is also why the USA has poor healthcare.
If you look at Western Civilisation as a unit - USA, Canada and EU - together, they are one society.

Both are broke, both are in debt, both spend too much, both will have to cut back.

For the USA, the cutbacks will be in Defence, SS, M/M. For the EU the cuts will be in the cradle-to-grave model.
For Canada, cuts will be to Healthcare, Pensions and other. Ottawa/Ontario is massively in debt, and it's getting worse. Canada's banks look good because they are off-balance-sheeting their liabilities.

Your best bet for a society with stable benefits would be Singapore or Hong Kong.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Re: NA vs. EU

Postby tradcom » Sun May 20, 2012 3:53 pm

ph_visitor wrote:
theyoungagegroup wrote:The fact is, EU countries are actually developed, while the US is not - and Canada is little better. EU citizens have numerous benefits that simply don't exist here - a full-fledged public healthcare system, for instance, as opposed to even Canada's sad excuse for one, a high-quality education system, something that simply doesn't exist in NA, and government support during economic downturns - which is all but absent in NA (Canada's welfare system is even more of a sad joke than the healthcare system).


These benefits are going away.

Europe was able to have huge social welfare states after WW2 because the USA took up the job of defence.
This is also why the USA has poor healthcare.
If you look at Western Civilisation as a unit - USA, Canada and EU - together, they are one society.

Both are broke, both are in debt, both spend too much, both will have to cut back.

For the USA, the cutbacks will be in Defence, SS, M/M. For the EU the cuts will be in the cradle-to-grave model.
For Canada, cuts will be to Healthcare, Pensions and other. Ottawa/Ontario is massively in debt, and it's getting worse. Canada's banks look good because they are off-balance-sheeting their liabilities.

Your best bet for a society with stable benefits would be Singapore or Hong Kong.


The US and Canada, along with the rest of the Anglo countries, are indeed broke. The EU is not - it's a myth perpetrated by the Anglo media to both take their own debt out of the spotlight and justify cutbacks in the EU.

Again, the EU - not just Germany - actually produces stuff. The Anglosphere doesn't.

As for defence - this is also a myth perpetrated by the Anglo media. Many EU countries have well-developed militaries. Also, who exactly is or was planning to attack the EU, at least in the last two decades?

And lumping together the societies of the EU and Anglosphere is completely incorrect.
tradcom
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sun May 20, 2012 5:16 pm

You'd have to break the anglosphere and the E.U. up into their component countries to judge the overall value and economic contributions

In the anglosphere:

The U.S. most definitely does produce stuff and still has a burgeoning heavy industry and lots of IP that's too complex to get into. Blue collar manufacturing is pretty dead but there's still a lot of valuable industries. Too bad it's all being monopolized by conglomerates who hoard all the wealth and none of that leads to increased job creation.

The U.K. I chalk the U.K.'s relevance up to the economic shell games and it's enormous historical banking sector. The U.K. doesn't produce much of anything.

Canada has vast natural resources. It can live on this for a long long time.

Australia. Another country with vast natural resources.

What the mainland E.U. nations bring to the table is whole other story.

France and Germany have well known industries and actually produce stuff. What Italy, Greece, Spain, and Portugal does is a mystery to me. It seems economic reality is catching up with southern europe too since they don't really do anything. The smaller EU countries seem to exist solely on financial shell games. Luxembourg, Belgium, etc.. they don't do shit to actually warrant their GDP.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: NA vs. EU

Postby OutWest » Sun May 20, 2012 6:01 pm

theyoungagegroup wrote:
ph_visitor wrote:
theyoungagegroup wrote:The fact is, EU countries are actually developed, while the US is not - and Canada is little better. EU citizens have numerous benefits that simply don't exist here - a full-fledged public healthcare system, for instance, as opposed to even Canada's sad excuse for one, a high-quality education system, something that simply doesn't exist in NA, and government support during economic downturns - which is all but absent in NA (Canada's welfare system is even more of a sad joke than the healthcare system).


These benefits are going away.

Europe was able to have huge social welfare states after WW2 because the USA took up the job of defence.
This is also why the USA has poor healthcare.
If you look at Western Civilisation as a unit - USA, Canada and EU - together, they are one society.

Both are broke, both are in debt, both spend too much, both will have to cut back.

For the USA, the cutbacks will be in Defence, SS, M/M. For the EU the cuts will be in the cradle-to-grave model.
For Canada, cuts will be to Healthcare, Pensions and other. Ottawa/Ontario is massively in debt, and it's getting worse. Canada's banks look good because they are off-balance-sheeting their liabilities.

Your best bet for a society with stable benefits would be Singapore or Hong Kong.


The US and Canada, along with the rest of the Anglo countries, are indeed broke. The EU is not - it's a myth perpetrated by the Anglo media to both take their own debt out of the spotlight and justify cutbacks in the EU.

Again, the EU - not just Germany - actually produces stuff. The Anglosphere doesn't.

As for defence - this is also a myth perpetrated by the Anglo media. Many EU countries have well-developed militaries. Also, who exactly is or was planning to attack the EU, at least in the last two decades?

And lumping together the societies of the EU and Anglosphere is completely incorrect.


Maybe you could post some data showing how US industrial production in all sectors is puny, perhaps showing how even Italy vastly outproduces the US in all kinds of Industrial outputs. (after all, US industrial output is essentially ZERO) Industrial production data is widely available through many American, UN, and European sources, so if what you say is true, please document what you say a bit- it should be easy to do.

With Canada, a vast country with a small population and fantastic resources, like 2 trillion barrels of oil reserves, and possibly as much oil as the middle east combined, plus huge resources in every other category, well perhaps you could post a bit showing how they have no future and are totally broke and impoverished. Now I just passed through my stomping grounds of Arizona on my way back from Chile to the Philippines. In real estate there, the big trend is impoverished broke Canadian families from the busted oil-poor country of Canada coming down to Arizona and buying houses for cash.


outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby djfourmoney » Sun May 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Both the US and UK are Quasi-Police States, the only thing I see in common other than that and its a huge one = Anglo Culture

Many Brits have stereotypical views of other Europeans, sound familiar?

The notion that the Anglo way is the best and only way is ridiculous on the surface and downright laughable otherwise.

But this is the assumption made by those that grow up only in Anglo Culture, this is how they sell you on things like Capitalism and that things like servitude and slavery are just unfortunate collateral damage. Then point fingers at the Left for Genocide... When the truth is all to often an Authoritative Dictatorship is the cause of such things not economic ideology.

Outwest is right, banks want to make money. To do that you have to buy things. To make you buy things marketers bombard you with adverts.

Anybody in Europe that screams about the tax system being unfair buys into UK/US style Individualism/Darwinism/Cowboy Capitalism

You pay taxes to gain services you don't or can't get on your own, its a collective mindset. Again the reason we don't have that in America because we never solved the issue of racism and slavery. We tried to solve it but it was cut short and never re-created.

40 years later, Occupy aims to largely finish that job of creating a just and equal society. To some that will mean more taxes. However if you're not a top income earner why are you concerned about what happens? Its unlikely you'll even make enough money to be taxed at that level.

The private sector is sitting on a estimated 2 Trillion dollars in cash. Most of the largest US business don't pay any effective tax and never do some of the largest banks.

How in the f**k is that fair? Or is that suppose to be explained as "That's the way of the world.."?

Europe is just better for lots of reasons, but as Maker55 said, if you're White, c'mon you're hardly special in Europe, you look like everybody else! The only difference is Eastern Europe because they haven't been exposed to multicultural societies as long.

The internet is a poor place to find women, its convenient but poor. It was much better when it was the "new" thing to do. Now its just a haven for women with no time for you even if they say other wise, Fat Women and Single Mothers, hardly what most of us are looking for. Even FSU agency rosters are being flooded by women with children. The only advantage is that its not unusual to find a woman 22 with one or two children in FSU. If I have to marry a woman with children, I say young as possible.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Sun May 20, 2012 7:57 pm

djfourmoney wrote:Both the US and UK are Quasi-Police States, the only thing I see in common other than that and its a huge one = Anglo Culture


There is nothing "quasi" about the US and UK being police states.....they are just getting underway. Ditto for places like Australia, Ireland, New Zealand.

Come on. I have denounced the entire membership of the parliaments in both Australia and Ireland as CRIMINALS and not legitimate. And there is not a BREATH of this in the media. Not even Wiki-leaks wants to touch what we have been doing which tells you how legitimate Julian Assange is.

You are living in a control grid with bars you can not see. If you think it is only an anglo thing then try considering that an Italian man was jailed for 10 days for "looking at a woman the wrong way on a train" in Italy recently. The woman was 55 and they were on a commuter train. She was "upset" with the way he looked at her. He never spoke to her and never touched her.....but got put in jail for 10 days.

They are not even getting that excessive in many english speaking countries yet.

Germany is one of the LEAST oppressive police states because germans are more on the lookout. But when I tell germans what I know they are shocked.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Re: NA vs. EU

Postby ph_visitor » Sun May 20, 2012 8:04 pm

theyoungagegroup wrote:The EU is not - it's a myth perpetrated by the Anglo media to both take their own debt out of the spotlight and justify cutbacks in the EU.


I know more about the finances of the EU than you do, and it is indeed broke. As is the USA, UK, Canada and Japan.

Except for Germany, Austria, Finland the other nations are in debt far beyond the ability to pay. Most Central European nations wrote their mortgages in Francs or other currencies and now millions are getting hammered by the currency issues. There are other balance of payments problems, and retirees in Greece at age 50 when the taxpayers of Germany retire at far later ages, on and on.

Spain is broke, Italy is broke, Greece, Portugal & Ireland are broke.

The UK is leveraged up with debt and financial instruments that are unregulated, it could go south at any time as well.

The EU is an experiment where Germany pays the rest of Europe. That cannot last. This is what is happening. Eventually you run out of other people's money, and that is what has happened.

The EU social welfare states from WW2 to present were a huge, 70 year credit bubble made possible by post war rebuilding, the Marshall Plan, debt, offshoring to the USA of defence costs, generational demographics, and self-delusion.

The USA military state from WW2 to present was a huge, 70 year credit bubble made possible by post war rebuilding, debt, offshoring healthcare to the EU, generational demographics, and self-delusion.

The best solution is to default. It's better than paying the banks.

Either way - pay the debt and have austerity, or default - EU's standard of living is going down.

This is Maths, not Politics.

And you do not have a choice.

And lumping together the societies of the EU and Anglosphere is completely incorrect.


The USA and Canada are not the entire Anglosphere, they are North America. Combined with Europe, the total represents most of Western Civilisation; which is, as of this moment, broke, in debt, levered up with derivatives to the tune of $250 Trillion (most of that coming from London trading desks).

Looking at them as a whole, they have massive social expenses (EU) and massive defence spending (USA) that must be cut because the money is gone.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Re: NA vs. EU

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Sun May 20, 2012 8:10 pm

ph_visitor wrote:
I know more about the finances of the EU than you do, and it is indeed broke. As is the USA, UK, Canada and Japan.

ph_visitor,
really....and when you mean "broke" do you mean because they owe "currency" to the IMF who made that "currency" up out of thin air and then charge interest on it.

The EURO is not even money. Nor is the USD or the GBP. How can you be "broke" when your "currency" is not even money and it is made up out of thin air? The entire money system is a scam as evidenced by the promise to pay on the GBP and Indian currencies.

The EURO is nothing more than copyrighted colourful paper printed out of thin air.

The fact is there IS NO MONEY in circulation in ANY country that has a central bank. All they have is "currency" and that is all about "current" in as much as they are transferring energy from human D-Cells back to the banksters in the control grid. "currency" is all about draining you of your energy. Turning you into a D-Cell.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Re: NA vs. EU

Postby ph_visitor » Sun May 20, 2012 8:23 pm

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
ph_visitor wrote:
I know more about the finances of the EU than you do, and it is indeed broke. As is the USA, UK, Canada and Japan.

ph_visitor,
really...


Yes.

.and when you mean "broke" do you mean because they owe "currency" to the IMF who made that "currency" up out of thin air and then charge interest on it.


Let me guess. You would be a fiat currency, PM, gold bug obsessive.

The EURO is not even money. Nor is the USD or the GBP.


Yes it is and your definition of what is and is not money is flawed.

How can you be "broke" when your "currency" is not even money and it is made up out of thin air? The entire money system is a scam as evidenced by the promise to pay on the GBP and Indian currencies.


'Broke' means that they owe more than they can pay using any thing you wish. Dollars, Sterling, Euros, Gold, Silver.

They are broke.

The liabilities exceed the assets column. It's simple...if you are not a CT obsessive.

The EURO is nothing more than copyrighted colourful paper printed out of thin air.


That can be exchanged for goods and services. Q.E.D.

all about draining you of your energy. Turning you into a D-Cell.


Save your 'sovereign man'/CT rantings for someone less knowledgeable.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Re: NA vs. EU

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Sun May 20, 2012 8:34 pm

ph_visitor,
the ignorance and hubris of men like you is staggering.

There is no point talking to men like you.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests