Japan - People dying alone in a no-relationship-society

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster

Post by OutsideoftheBox »

emanuel78 wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:This news doesn't phase me as I have always been instinctively independent and have never once based my value, my happiness, and my accomplishments in having a girlfriend. "Dying alone"... boo hoo. Cry me a river, ladies. Seriously.
Yep we black men know how to be alone and strong without these black bitches.
Especially since the main ones that are f***ed up is AMERICAN black females.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamingawake09 »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:This news doesn't phase me as I have always been instinctively independent and have never once based my value, my happiness, and my accomplishments in having a girlfriend. "Dying alone"... boo hoo. Cry me a river, ladies. Seriously.
My thoughts exactly. Yeah, if I do end up dying "alone", oh well, as long as I live my life to the most of my potential and to experience and learn as much as I can, then I'm satisfied with that. People call those who die alone sad, yet they don't even know the person and their actually thoughts on being alone. Not everyone wants to be this ultra-extrovert.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Pft. Give me a god-damned break! I'll end up dying "alone", in the way that I won't be committed to anyone. I've only been in ONE serious relationship in high school, and that's it.

I'll die alone, but not unfulfilled. I'm a Life Junkie -- I have places to go, people to see, things to do, and a world to conquer. I'm not validated by even something as integral to my being as the Life Junkie mantle, or the level of badassery that I represent. So I'm SURE AS HELL not defined by how much p***y I get (or don't get).

I'm defined by ME -- what I say about myself. And I don't care how many people say otherwise -- society will NEVER tell me what I am.

Dying alone? Better that than a pussified mangina. Boy better know.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

The issue here isn't really about dying alone per se is it guys?

Dying alone is just a symptom. I know most of you are strong enough to die alone.

The issue here as represented in Japan is the normalization of living a life of isolation and loneliness and the utter lack of community - the lack of viability of social connection due to so many people around you becoming selfish corporate zombies.

Yes I know most of you are strong enough to deal with that but the issue here is 'shit, this is what it's come to'.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

That's what the world is coming to, pal. Especially in the West.

Why do you think people flock chat-rooms and establish virtual relationships? It's becoming normal to live on-line, and strange to value human-to-human connection.

The internet is a wonderful tool, but a horrible existence.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Blue Murder wrote:That's what the world is coming to, pal. Especially in the West.

Why do you think people flock chat-rooms and establish virtual relationships? It's becoming normal to live on-line, and strange to value human-to-human connection.

Robotic companions is the future. I'd started a lengthy thread on it, some time ago ...

viewtopic.php?t=10078

What you see in Japan is basically the start of the dissolution of human to human relationships, in the intermediate near future.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Many humans already spend more time with their 'robotic companions' (laptops, tablets and smart-phones) than they do with actual human companions. You can see that we're getting there.
S_Parc wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:That's what the world is coming to, pal. Especially in the West.

Robotic companions is the future. I'd started a lengthy thread on it, some time ago ...

viewtopic.php?t=10078

What you see in Japan is basically the start of the dissolution of human to human relationships, in the intermediate near future.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ethan_sg wrote:Many humans already spend more time with their 'robotic companions' (laptops, tablets and smart-phones) than they do with actual human companions. You can see that we're getting there.
Jesus.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Actually pretty true....it never ceases to amaze me how many people "talk online" rather than face to face human communication. I rather like being in the company of other people but I am also very comfortable being by myself.

And when you check out some womens forums or comments....give me a break...the worst thing that ever happened to women was the invention of the internet. It gave them a chance to express their ideas in public...AND THEY DID...and you get feministing and jezebell and the like.

Any man who actually goes over to those sites and has a look what women say can not help but be very, very, very depressed at what he sees if he is hoping to have a relationship with one of these creatures.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

f**k technology.

And that's coming from an IT guy.

The best part about technology? TRANCE MUSIC.

Everything else can go to hell.
Out in the world living the dream!
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Like I'd said before, the internet and all other technologies are TOOLS.

Just wait until I expand my social circle. You come around with that technophile shit, and you're banned from being near my OR my mates for LIFE. Think I'm playing.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

green1976 wrote:

Men are different than females and suffer more of this,so the solution was to provide these men with dolls so they could do their stuff without falling apart.

It just tell where they are heading for..they cannot even find a way to stop this male female loneliness epidemic without resorting to strange solution.

Just look wherever you go in SEA how these Japanese guys are overrepresented in any p4p venues.
This is why i've always said it makes perfect sense for fully developed countries like Japan to allow greater young females from the developing world to immigrate into the country. Japan desperately needs an injection of young women to revitalize their stagnant culture of loneliness. In Taiwan that revolution that started happening a decade ago with hoards of Taiwanese men marrying foreign women. In Singapore this is a very popular choice too and in Singapore they are uniquely positioned to take full advantage of this.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Blue Murder wrote:Like I'd said before, the internet and all other technologies are TOOLS.

Just wait until I expand my social circle. You come around with that technophile shit, and you're banned from being near my OR my mates for LIFE. Think I'm playing.
It's hilarious when I tell people that I can't stand gadgets and have a low-end cell phone that is years old. "But but but you're an IT guy! You should have the latest EVERYTHING!"

Dude, some of the best times of my life were in the mid-90s when I first became independent after high school... I went on a road trip across the United States by myself and didn't even OWN a cell phone! Imagine that... almost like being in the stone ages to these people.

There's nothing more liberating than being out and about, exploring the world on YOUR OWN with no way to be contacted, no way to contact others.

True freedom. I hardly ever take my phone with me anywhere now unless I have to for my job or because I plan on using it for a specific call.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

So you're somehow better because you don't use a phone often?

I know people all over the world, ummm international travel isn't cheap especially when your unemployed.

That's why online communication is important but my life does not revolve around it. I don't fear technology and those that do, might as well kill themselves now, you will not stop progress and if try they'll be labeled a terrorist, of course that's not what we do in America despite the antics of White Supremacy Groups and Right To Life Activist.

Japan as some acute problems unique to its culture, society and belief system. They embrace technology to much higher level, but that's not part of the problem.

I wish the men that want to scream from the roof tops that they have places to go and people to see, actually go to those places and reports back instead of running off at the mouth.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

DJ - you're taking my post COMPLETELY the wrong way and putting words in my mouth. Don't confuse me with other guys on here that you may or may not be fighting with.

Christ, when the hell did this place turn into such a shit-slinging flamefest? Every god damn thread on here turns into some kind of pissing contest between posters. You can't even share your feelings or make a point without somebody jumping down your throat for no reason. It's f***ing sickening.

This place sure went to shit.