Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Interesting look into the Ukraine for Euro 2012

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 8:50 pm

Interesting look into the Ukraine for Euro 2012

Post by dreamingawake09 » May 28th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Now I know some of the guys here are not sports fans and some are. I myself love sports and love to play them and partake in the spectacle. Especially football(soccer). The big tournament this summer is the Euro 2012 tournament that will be held in both the Ukraine and Poland. However, there stems a large extreme right-wing presence at these games that are essentially neo-nazi and pure racism against anyone not white. Precursor to the World Cup 2018 in Russia?

See for yourself...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18240143

Renata
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1106
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 12:14 am
Location: Ireland

Post by Renata » May 28th, 2012, 7:17 pm

that's crazy Polish & Ukrainians aren't racist ... I knew many' that just can't be. ... it's not their nature & there isn't much black or coloured people there anyway for them to hate on. Racism is a learned hate.
lol @bbc news
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 8:50 pm

Post by dreamingawake09 » May 28th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Renata wrote:that's crazy Polish & Ukrainians aren't racist ... I knew many' that just can't be. ... it's not their nature & there isn't much black or coloured people there anyway for them to hate on. Racism is a learned hate.
lol @bbc news


The article/video never painted all Poles and Ukrainians as racists, its just pointing out the hooligan/racist nature of the fans. Particularly in the Ukraine. Yeah racism is a learned aspect, but I mean c'mon, the fans throwing out the Hitler salute and doing gorilla sounds in the presence of African players for England? Yet they've been awarded to host such a major a tournament? Poland should have just put in a bid on its own....or UEFA should have given it to Turkey. Either way, theres a reason why Ukraine is an industrial shithole.

Renata
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1106
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 12:14 am
Location: Ireland

Post by Renata » May 28th, 2012, 9:57 pm

In the UK when there's big football & cricket matches ... you just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colour clothes & you'll get beat up. The exact same thing happens when on British soil & who's more racist than them lol ... same hooligan behaviour & there's always fights in the stadiums there too. Yes the Ukrainians have shown some bad racist behaviour towards black & asians (assuming they were Ukrainian) but the brits are no better.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 8:50 pm

Post by dreamingawake09 » May 28th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Renata wrote:In the UK when there's big football & cricket matches ... you just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colour clothes & you'll get beat up. The exact same thing happens when on British soil & who's more racist than them lol ... same hooligan behaviour & there's always fights in the stadiums there too. Yes the Ukrainians have shown some bad racist behaviour towards black & asians (assuming they were Ukrainian) but the brits are no better.


If it were the 80s then I would agree with you mate. The FA have definitely done a good job stomping out the bs with the hooliganism and racism in the sport. The problem with the Ukraine is that their governing body over football league has done absolutely nothing in stemming it. They just allow it...and they wonder why their league teams are trash.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » May 28th, 2012, 10:58 pm

dreamingawake09 wrote:
Renata wrote:In the UK when there's big football & cricket matches ... you just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colour clothes & you'll get beat up. The exact same thing happens when on British soil & who's more racist than them lol ... same hooligan behaviour & there's always fights in the stadiums there too. Yes the Ukrainians have shown some bad racist behaviour towards black & asians (assuming they were Ukrainian) but the brits are no better.


If it were the 80s then I would agree with you mate. The FA have definitely done a good job stomping out the bs with the hooliganism and racism in the sport. The problem with the Ukraine is that their governing body over football league has done absolutely nothing in stemming it. They just allow it...and they wonder why their league teams are trash.


Hooliganism is non-existent for most Premiership games these days. It's been stamped out for the most part and nowhere near what it used to be. Now, if you're talking about the English national team, that's a whole different story.

dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 8:50 pm

Post by dreamingawake09 » May 28th, 2012, 11:01 pm

zboy1 wrote:
dreamingawake09 wrote:
Renata wrote:In the UK when there's big football & cricket matches ... you just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colour clothes & you'll get beat up. The exact same thing happens when on British soil & who's more racist than them lol ... same hooligan behaviour & there's always fights in the stadiums there too. Yes the Ukrainians have shown some bad racist behaviour towards black & asians (assuming they were Ukrainian) but the brits are no better.


If it were the 80s then I would agree with you mate. The FA have definitely done a good job stomping out the bs with the hooliganism and racism in the sport. The problem with the Ukraine is that their governing body over football league has done absolutely nothing in stemming it. They just allow it...and they wonder why their league teams are trash.


Hooliganism is non-existent for most Premiership games these days. It's been stamped out for the most part and nowhere near what it used to be. Now, if you're talking about the English national team, that's a whole different story.


Yeah but the English national team is over-hyped. It's just a good excuse for Englishmen to get drunk. :P

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » May 28th, 2012, 11:20 pm

dreamingawake09 wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
dreamingawake09 wrote:
Renata wrote:In the UK when there's big football & cricket matches ... you just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colour clothes & you'll get beat up. The exact same thing happens when on British soil & who's more racist than them lol ... same hooligan behaviour & there's always fights in the stadiums there too. Yes the Ukrainians have shown some bad racist behaviour towards black & asians (assuming they were Ukrainian) but the brits are no better.


If it were the 80s then I would agree with you mate. The FA have definitely done a good job stomping out the bs with the hooliganism and racism in the sport. The problem with the Ukraine is that their governing body over football league has done absolutely nothing in stemming it. They just allow it...and they wonder why their league teams are trash.


Hooliganism is non-existent for most Premiership games these days. It's been stamped out for the most part and nowhere near what it used to be. Now, if you're talking about the English national team, that's a whole different story.


Yeah but the English national team is over-hyped. It's just a good excuse for Englishmen to get drunk. :P


The English team is always considered over-rated by everyone except for the Brits themselves. They're deluded if they think they'll win anything in the Euros or World Cups in the near future.

User avatar
ssjparris
Junior Poster
Posts: 823
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 3:47 am

Post by ssjparris » May 29th, 2012, 5:52 am

im talking to russians and ukrainians on interpals.net i have nothing but good experiences and no racism from them. they all know that i am black.

User avatar
ssjparris
Junior Poster
Posts: 823
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 3:47 am

Post by ssjparris » May 29th, 2012, 5:56 am

Renata wrote:that's crazy Polish & Ukrainians aren't racist ... I knew many' that just can't be. ... it's not their nature & there isn't much black or coloured people there anyway for them to hate on. Racism is a learned hate.
lol @bbc news


well.....there are african black people that live in the ukraine without any racism. a ukrainian friend of mine told me his friend loves black people in the ukraine.
he told me that ukrainians are very friendly to black people. he also said its rare to find black people.

nonetheless there are africans that have lived in the ukraine for quite some time. even african singers in ukraine that sing in the ukrainian language.

User avatar
ssjparris
Junior Poster
Posts: 823
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 3:47 am

Post by ssjparris » May 29th, 2012, 6:09 am

okay just watched it. abunch of brainwashing. it seems to be a minority of ukrainians that will do something like this. not all. i learned not to trust news as it can provoke ALOT of fear in people very easily.

actually there is a black man here on the forum that lives in east europe. he has NEVER had racism at all.

so it just goes to show this is a very small ignorant group of white people in east europe.

dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 8:50 pm

Post by dreamingawake09 » May 29th, 2012, 6:24 am

ssjparris wrote:okay just watched it. abunch of brainwashing. it seems to be a minority of ukrainians that will do something like this. not all. i learned not to trust news as it can provoke ALOT of fear in people very easily.

actually there is a black man here on the forum that lives in east europe. he has NEVER had racism at all.

so it just goes to show this is a very small ignorant group of white people in east europe.


That's fine mate, I just feel those countries don't deserve the tourney. Even IF it's a minority, and they'll most likely be priced out of the tourney ticket-wise, it's still unacceptable in the game. The governing body hasn't done anything about it, law enforcement just allows it, and even though there may be some africans who haven't been subjugated to racism, there have been others that have. Antecedal evidence of said racism being a minority doesn't prove anything or disprove anything. Both nations don't deserve the tourney, fortunately, their teams are straight trash will get booted in group stage. Oh yeah World Cup in Russia in 2018...that's gonna be great!! /sarcasm.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Industrial Shithole

Post by Jester » May 29th, 2012, 6:56 am

dreamingawake09 wrote:
Renata wrote:that's crazy Polish & Ukrainians aren't racist ... I knew many' that just can't be. ... it's not their nature & there isn't much black or coloured people there anyway for them to hate on. Racism is a learned hate.
lol @bbc news


The article/video never painted all Poles and Ukrainians as racists, its just pointing out the hooligan/racist nature of the fans. Particularly in the Ukraine. Yeah racism is a learned aspect, but I mean c'mon, the fans throwing out the Hitler salute and doing gorilla sounds in the presence of African players for England? Yet they've been awarded to host such a major a tournament? Poland should have just put in a bid on its own....or UEFA should have given it to Turkey. Either way, theres a reason why Ukraine is an industrial shithole.


Industrial Shithole...

:lol:

You must be a member of RooshVForum!

Me too and I kept wondering what place Roosh meant by "Industrial Shithole"

Ukraine eh?

f**k. Anyplace full of such beautiful angels is no shithole.

Industrial, well.... maybe.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Post by Jester » May 29th, 2012, 7:12 am

Renata wrote:that's crazy Polish & Ukrainians aren't racist ... I knew many' that just can't be. ... it's not their nature & there isn't much black or coloured people there anyway for them to hate on. Racism is a learned hate.
lol @bbc news


Renata, one thing I like about you is that your opinions are autonomous, not downloaded and memorized.

There is so much difference between good-hearted simple people who want to defend their own and do what's right... and those who want to destroy or defile others.

The former can grow when they meet others and get to know them. No doubt your Slavic friends were just a little better off for having met you.

Hook
Freshman Poster
Posts: 235
Joined: April 12th, 2011, 5:27 am
Location: Utah

Post by Hook » May 29th, 2012, 7:13 am

So you guys think the world cup is going to spoil the Ukranian women, with all the western guys showing up.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”