Interesting look into the Ukraine for Euro 2012

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster

Interesting look into the Ukraine for Euro 2012

Post by dreamingawake09 »

Now I know some of the guys here are not sports fans and some are. I myself love sports and love to play them and partake in the spectacle. Especially football(soccer). The big tournament this summer is the Euro 2012 tournament that will be held in both the Ukraine and Poland. However, there stems a large extreme right-wing presence at these games that are essentially neo-nazi and pure racism against anyone not white. Precursor to the World Cup 2018 in Russia?

See for yourself...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18240143
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

that's crazy Polish & Ukrainians aren't racist ... I knew many' that just can't be. ... it's not their nature & there isn't much black or coloured people there anyway for them to hate on. Racism is a learned hate.
lol @bbc news
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster

Renata wrote:that's crazy Polish & Ukrainians aren't racist ... I knew many' that just can't be. ... it's not their nature & there isn't much black or coloured people there anyway for them to hate on. Racism is a learned hate.
lol @bbc news
The article/video never painted all Poles and Ukrainians as racists, its just pointing out the hooligan/racist nature of the fans. Particularly in the Ukraine. Yeah racism is a learned aspect, but I mean c'mon, the fans throwing out the Hitler salute and doing gorilla sounds in the presence of African players for England? Yet they've been awarded to host such a major a tournament? Poland should have just put in a bid on its own....or UEFA should have given it to Turkey. Either way, theres a reason why Ukraine is an industrial shithole.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

In the UK when there's big football & cricket matches ... you just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colour clothes & you'll get beat up. The exact same thing happens when on British soil & who's more racist than them lol ... same hooligan behaviour & there's always fights in the stadiums there too. Yes the Ukrainians have shown some bad racist behaviour towards black & asians (assuming they were Ukrainian) but the brits are no better.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster

Renata wrote:In the UK when there's big football & cricket matches ... you just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colour clothes & you'll get beat up. The exact same thing happens when on British soil & who's more racist than them lol ... same hooligan behaviour & there's always fights in the stadiums there too. Yes the Ukrainians have shown some bad racist behaviour towards black & asians (assuming they were Ukrainian) but the brits are no better.
If it were the 80s then I would agree with you mate. The FA have definitely done a good job stomping out the bs with the hooliganism and racism in the sport. The problem with the Ukraine is that their governing body over football league has done absolutely nothing in stemming it. They just allow it...and they wonder why their league teams are trash.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

dreamingawake09 wrote:
Renata wrote:In the UK when there's big football & cricket matches ... you just be in the wrong place at the wrong time, wearing the wrong colour clothes & you'll get beat up. The exact same thing happens when on British soil & who's more racist than them lol ... same hooligan behaviour & there's always fights in the stadiums there too. Yes the Ukrainians have shown some bad racist behaviour towards black & asians (assuming they were Ukrainian) but the brits are no better.
If it were the 80s then I would agree with you mate. The FA have definitely done a good job stomping out the bs with the hooliganism and racism in the sport. The problem with the Ukraine is that their governing body over football league has done absolutely nothing in stemming it. They just allow it...and they wonder why their league teams are trash.
Hooliganism is non-existent for most Premiership games these days. It's been stamped out for the most part and nowhere near what it used to be. Now, if you're talking about the English national team, that's a whole different story.
dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster

zboy1 wrote:
dreamingawake09 wrote:
Hooliganism is non-existent for most Premiership games these days. It's been stamped out for the most part and nowhere near what it used to be. Now, if you're talking about the English national team, that's a whole different story.
Yeah but the English national team is over-hyped. It's just a good excuse for Englishmen to get drunk. :P
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

dreamingawake09 wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
dreamingawake09 wrote:
Yeah but the English national team is over-hyped. It's just a good excuse for Englishmen to get drunk. :P
The English team is always considered over-rated by everyone except for the Brits themselves. They're deluded if they think they'll win anything in the Euros or World Cups in the near future.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

im talking to russians and ukrainians on interpals.net i have nothing but good experiences and no racism from them. they all know that i am black.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Renata wrote:that's crazy Polish & Ukrainians aren't racist ... I knew many' that just can't be. ... it's not their nature & there isn't much black or coloured people there anyway for them to hate on. Racism is a learned hate.
lol @bbc news
well.....there are african black people that live in the ukraine without any racism. a ukrainian friend of mine told me his friend loves black people in the ukraine.
he told me that ukrainians are very friendly to black people. he also said its rare to find black people.

nonetheless there are africans that have lived in the ukraine for quite some time. even african singers in ukraine that sing in the ukrainian language.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

okay just watched it. abunch of brainwashing. it seems to be a minority of ukrainians that will do something like this. not all. i learned not to trust news as it can provoke ALOT of fear in people very easily.

actually there is a black man here on the forum that lives in east europe. he has NEVER had racism at all.

so it just goes to show this is a very small ignorant group of white people in east europe.
dreamingawake09
Freshman Poster

ssjparris wrote:okay just watched it. abunch of brainwashing. it seems to be a minority of ukrainians that will do something like this. not all. i learned not to trust news as it can provoke ALOT of fear in people very easily.

actually there is a black man here on the forum that lives in east europe. he has NEVER had racism at all.

so it just goes to show this is a very small ignorant group of white people in east europe.
That's fine mate, I just feel those countries don't deserve the tourney. Even IF it's a minority, and they'll most likely be priced out of the tourney ticket-wise, it's still unacceptable in the game. The governing body hasn't done anything about it, law enforcement just allows it, and even though there may be some africans who haven't been subjugated to racism, there have been others that have. Antecedal evidence of said racism being a minority doesn't prove anything or disprove anything. Both nations don't deserve the tourney, fortunately, their teams are straight trash will get booted in group stage. Oh yeah World Cup in Russia in 2018...that's gonna be great!! /sarcasm.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Industrial Shithole

Post by Jester »

dreamingawake09 wrote:
lol @bbc news
The article/video never painted all Poles and Ukrainians as racists, its just pointing out the hooligan/racist nature of the fans. Particularly in the Ukraine. Yeah racism is a learned aspect, but I mean c'mon, the fans throwing out the Hitler salute and doing gorilla sounds in the presence of African players for England? Yet they've been awarded to host such a major a tournament? Poland should have just put in a bid on its own....or UEFA should have given it to Turkey. Either way, theres a reason why Ukraine is an industrial shithole.
Industrial Shithole...

:lol:

You must be a member of RooshVForum!

Me too and I kept wondering what place Roosh meant by "Industrial Shithole"

Ukraine eh?

f**k. Anyplace full of such beautiful angels is no shithole.

Industrial, well.... maybe.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

lol @bbc news
Renata, one thing I like about you is that your opinions are autonomous, not downloaded and memorized.

There is so much difference between good-hearted simple people who want to defend their own and do what's right... and those who want to destroy or defile others.

The former can grow when they meet others and get to know them. No doubt your Slavic friends were just a little better off for having met you.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

So you guys think the world cup is going to spoil the Ukranian women, with all the western guys showing up.