Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Women aren't attracted to men (an article)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Someone » June 4th, 2012, 9:05 pm

This post is of great interest to me because I thought the 2008 switch in dating prospects for men was a local matter, and Only affected the city where I live (Washington DC)... but as the OP suggests it looks like a more global thing. I've had a lot of conversations with my buddies here in Washington DC that the years 2001-2007 vs 2009-present were like night and day.

It doesnt look like the recession per se is to blame. It's either demographics, or Facebook, or something else.

If anyone has any theories or experiences, please share!

The very first thing I started noticing in 2009 was that the ratios in nightclubs started climbing to 2:1. Hard to believe now, but in the mid 00s there used to be more women in bars and clubs across the US. Around the same time, eye contact from women disappeared, and bottle service emerged.

One of the theories that was floated on some forums (and it sounds incredible) is that men's dating status is affected by whether a Republican or a Democrat is in the White House. It's definitely a head scratcher but the years of GW Bush were an active dating period for men, while the Obama years seem to have produced the current situation. Very weird, but not impossible.
Someone
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 171
Joined: November 20th, 2011, 4:08 am

Re: Women aren't attracted to men. (an article)

Postby polya » June 5th, 2012, 11:06 pm

All_That_Is_Man wrote:I remember discussing a very revealing topic on another men's forum some years back, and this article was brought up. Granted, this article is a theory that a man had written on the Pittsburgh, PA craigslist page, however, the validity of his points are extremely accurate.

[author unknown] wrote:Women aren't attracted to men.

WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO:
() status
() money
() how much a man smiles and laughs
() how much friends and resources a man has
() how full a man’s life is
() how many cool, exciting, and prestigious things he is doing or connected to
() how others view him
() how others want to be around him


Now, I'm kinda on the fence with this, simply because this article was written back on October 18, 2007, and to the best of my knowledge women didn't hate men 5 years ago the way they hate us today, so I could see some of these things on the list working in a man's favor at the time, but not lately. Furthermore, I have never been to Pittsburgh, PA; but I could understand this list holding true for all women regardless. I feel that these are strong characteristics for a man to strive for, however, I just don't see them attracting women. Some things on the list are timeless (i.e. money, and... well, money), but in 2012, I just don't see how a man would attract women by smiling or laughing, having a full/busy life, having exciting hobbies, etc. Women have become so heartless that the only thing on that list that would attract them is money. Another interesting fact is that this article was written in 2007, which you know was before the current recession/depression we are in, so while at the time a man could have a majority of qualities on this list and still get away with attracting women, but today a woman will not tolerate a man with ALL of the qualities on this list if he doesn't have money. Whatever your take may be on this article, it's interesting to note that I actually found it in the "Best of Craigslist" section.

Your thoughts?


The false premise of this article is that men should not even TRY to get a AW - AW are vultures and vipers who need to be shunned by men like leppers. So the fact is I don't give a damn about what a AW wants & won't change anything about myself to please her. But for the guys who haven't learned this AW want money 9but to take 1/2 of yours through divorce).
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 850
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Postby All_That_Is_Man » June 5th, 2012, 11:58 pm

I agree with much of everything said, especially the two posts above mine.

I'm not political, and I take no sides, but you are right on the money about the W. Bush era being a different dating scene from the current Obama era. I can't speak beforehand though, because the last time a democrat was in office, I was in middle school (also not getting dates, mind you).

Yes, this article was seemingly in response to "how to attract a female in America", and may have been written accordingly. Personally, I am convinced that American women do not like me, and I won't incorporate too much of this list in real life, however I'd like to know if anyone else was going to utilize this list of qualities, to see how well you do with females (if you're currently in America). As for me, well, refer to my quote in my signature about trial and error with American females, and you'll see that I'm all for the idea that we should "not even TRY" anymore.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 1:31 am

Postby Blue Murder » June 6th, 2012, 2:08 am

All_That_Is_Man wrote:I agree with much of everything said, especially the two posts above mine.

I'm not political, and I take no sides, but you are right on the money about the W. Bush era being a different dating scene from the current Obama era. I can't speak beforehand though, because the last time a democrat was in office, I was in middle school (also not getting dates, mind you).

Yes, this article was seemingly in response to "how to attract a female in America", and may have been written accordingly. Personally, I am convinced that American women do not like me, and I won't incorporate too much of this list in real life, however I'd like to know if anyone else was going to utilize this list of qualities, to see how well you do with females (if you're currently in America). As for me, well, refer to my quote in my signature about trial and error with American females, and you'll see that I'm all for the idea that we should "not even TRY" anymore.


NOW you don't sound like white-washed mangina. You finally ditched that insipid "No black women" bullshit, and traded for a brand new, more sensible "No AMERICAN women"! Now you're sounding like a headstrong guy. Good for you. Please continue!

To this day, American women still prove to me time and time again that they aren't worth my time. Shit -- I'm about to get some posts up now. Thanks for the prompt!
Blue Murder
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 699
Joined: May 12th, 2012, 11:25 pm
Location: Climbing that mountain; reaching that plateau.

Postby All_That_Is_Man » June 6th, 2012, 2:18 am

Blue Murder wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:I agree with much of everything said, especially the two posts above mine.

I'm not political, and I take no sides, but you are right on the money about the W. Bush era being a different dating scene from the current Obama era. I can't speak beforehand though, because the last time a democrat was in office, I was in middle school (also not getting dates, mind you).

Yes, this article was seemingly in response to "how to attract a female in America", and may have been written accordingly. Personally, I am convinced that American women do not like me, and I won't incorporate too much of this list in real life, however I'd like to know if anyone else was going to utilize this list of qualities, to see how well you do with females (if you're currently in America). As for me, well, refer to my quote in my signature about trial and error with American females, and you'll see that I'm all for the idea that we should "not even TRY" anymore.


NOW you don't sound like white-washed mangina. You finally ditched that insipid "No black women" bullshit, and traded for a brand new, more sensible "No AMERICAN women"! Now you're sounding like a headstrong guy. Good for you. Please continue!

To this day, American women still prove to me time and time again that they aren't worth my time. Shit -- I'm about to get some posts up now. Thanks for the prompt!


That quote has been in my signature forever. I do not condone any relationship with American women. And I only bring up American black women when the topic calls for it (i.e. when talking about the worst American women, or the worst women overall by race).
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 1:31 am

Postby polya » June 7th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Someone wrote:This post is of great interest to me because I thought the 2008 switch in dating prospects for men was a local matter, and Only affected the city where I live (Washington DC)... but as the OP suggests it looks like a more global thing. I've had a lot of conversations with my buddies here in Washington DC that the years 2001-2007 vs 2009-present were like night and day.

It doesnt look like the recession per se is to blame. It's either demographics, or Facebook, or something else.

If anyone has any theories or experiences, please share!

The very first thing I started noticing in 2009 was that the ratios in nightclubs started climbing to 2:1. Hard to believe now, but in the mid 00s there used to be more women in bars and clubs across the US. Around the same time, eye contact from women disappeared, and bottle service emerged.

One of the theories that was floated on some forums (and it sounds incredible) is that men's dating status is affected by whether a Republican or a Democrat is in the White House. It's definitely a head scratcher but the years of GW Bush were an active dating period for men, while the Obama years seem to have produced the current situation. Very weird, but not impossible.


I hate to tell you, but it was around 1991 when Madonna sang "Don't go for 2nd best baby" when the US dating scene went to hell - I think it was because then women got "more rights than men" - women could sue for sexual harassment, child support laws got very tough, women got custody over 90% of the time, etc. All these rights made women thinkthey're better than men and no longer wanted tomarry and act reasonably. In the 1980s AW were marriage material (except in big cities like NY).

This is the shift I noticed, and things got steadily worse after this when"stalking" laws were passed, when Police always arrested the man after domestic violence was alleged (not proven)... the dating scene followed these changes.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 850
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Postby Someone » June 7th, 2012, 10:21 pm

Polya, the period 2000-2007 was really good for men. I'm a short guy and I didn't even have to do anything at all, in clubs girls would look at you and approach you on their own. The stories I have from that period are incredible especially the years 2005 and 06. All of my friends had the same experiences.

Women were *definitely* pushing for marriage and commitment around that time while the guys would usually crack jokes about their impending loss of freedom and how they wanted to stay single and have fun. Have you forgotten about "The Rules" and SATC and Bridget Jones?

I have an article for you that documents how the dating game has flipped 180 degrees, a Newsweek columnist has been out of the game for 5 yrs (since the mid-2000s) and is shocked to learn that men are no longer as cavalier as they were 5 yrs ago, while the women suddenly much pickier and not as interested in marriage:

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02/ ... nough.html
Someone
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 171
Joined: November 20th, 2011, 4:08 am

Postby djfourmoney » June 7th, 2012, 11:06 pm

polya wrote:
Someone wrote:This post is of great interest to me because I thought the 2008 switch in dating prospects for men was a local matter, and Only affected the city where I live (Washington DC)... but as the OP suggests it looks like a more global thing. I've had a lot of conversations with my buddies here in Washington DC that the years 2001-2007 vs 2009-present were like night and day.

It doesnt look like the recession per se is to blame. It's either demographics, or Facebook, or something else.

If anyone has any theories or experiences, please share!

The very first thing I started noticing in 2009 was that the ratios in nightclubs started climbing to 2:1. Hard to believe now, but in the mid 00s there used to be more women in bars and clubs across the US. Around the same time, eye contact from women disappeared, and bottle service emerged.

One of the theories that was floated on some forums (and it sounds incredible) is that men's dating status is affected by whether a Republican or a Democrat is in the White House. It's definitely a head scratcher but the years of GW Bush were an active dating period for men, while the Obama years seem to have produced the current situation. Very weird, but not impossible.


I hate to tell you, but it was around 1991 when Madonna sang "Don't go for 2nd best baby" when the US dating scene went to hell - I think it was because then women got "more rights than men" - women could sue for sexual harassment, child support laws got very tough, women got custody over 90% of the time, etc. All these rights made women thinkthey're better than men and no longer wanted tomarry and act reasonably. In the 1980s AW were marriage material (except in big cities like NY).

This is the shift I noticed, and things got steadily worse after this when"stalking" laws were passed, when Police always arrested the man after domestic violence was alleged (not proven)... the dating scene followed these changes.


Seeing that as a DJ hurt, you're talking about "Express Yourself" which was originally done by The Staple Singers in the 70's.

Anyway, Women have started to hook up with Maginas, you see it all the time. These are men that are generally useless around the house and elsewhere. They are however very obedient and this is attractive to SOME WOMEN, not all.

Dating in America is worst than its ever been. Why do you need PUA if dating was okay? This doesn't exist in other country, that should be your first clue.

Eastern Europe, South America and SE Asia are not the only places where you can date and find a reasonable number of women to marry. All you need is your passport and stop making excuses.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » June 7th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Someone wrote:Polya, the period 2000-2007 was really good for men. I'm a short guy and I didn't even have to do anything at all, in clubs girls would look at you and approach you on their own. The stories I have from that period are incredible especially the years 2005 and 06. All of my friends had the same experiences.

Women were *definitely* pushing for marriage and commitment around that time while the guys would usually crack jokes about their impending loss of freedom and how they wanted to stay single and have fun. Have you forgotten about "The Rules" and SATC and Bridget Jones?

I have an article for you that documents how the dating game has flipped 180 degrees, a Newsweek columnist has been out of the game for 5 yrs (since the mid-2000s) and is shocked to learn that men are no longer as cavalier as they were 5 yrs ago, while the women suddenly much pickier and not as interested in marriage:

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02/ ... nough.html


That's hardly unusual...

The difficult comes right here -

Once you as a male become 30, you're still trying to date women about 22. Women that young are far more concerned about things like height and income. However that said, shorter guys (White Men) generally don't have a problem. Shorter Black men do have a problem. Just look at any dating site with Black Women on it and you'll see over 6'0 comes up many times...

I don't date Black Women and I'm over 6'0 so both of these are not issues.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Someone » June 7th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Height isn't an issue for 22yr old girls, it's an issue for girls in their mid 20s (slightly older), 24-30.
Someone
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 171
Joined: November 20th, 2011, 4:08 am

Postby Blue Murder » June 7th, 2012, 11:52 pm

djfourmoney wrote:That's hardly unusual...
Once you as a male become 30, you're still trying to date women about 22. Women that young are far more concerned about things like height and income. However that said, shorter guys (White Men) generally don't have a problem. Shorter Black men do have a problem. Just look at any dating site with Black Women on it and you'll see over 6'0 comes up many times...

I don't date Black Women and I'm over 6'0 so both of these are not issues.

Finally. Something your dumbarse and I agree on: Heightism.

It is the worst in black women. Them hoes ask for unreal heights too. Fuckin' 6'2" and shit. A small percentage of men (regardless of race) are that high, with most coming in at 5'9" - 6'0" (like you in this case). Forget about everything else -- they don't even let you put your foot in the door unless you're a f***ing behemoth.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 699
Joined: May 12th, 2012, 11:25 pm
Location: Climbing that mountain; reaching that plateau.

Postby Jester » June 8th, 2012, 7:53 am

Someone wrote:You're right, things were vastly different in 2007!

I was very busy dating in 2006-2007, I had a string of girlfriends without even trying too much. The demographic situation was a lot better for men (lots of young girls at the time) and also the economy was strong, this was before the recession.

I remember women really wanted to get married and it was the era of "The Rules" and "Bridget Jones" and "Sex And The City" -- all those women were desperate to find a husband. Nowadays it's the opposite. The men are having trouble finding wives.


The OP was very good but your post kind of hijacked it with something even better.

Yes things have changed just since 2005-2006 as many point out on this thread. I am not sure it is the women. It may be us. Maybe we are onto them, and therefore losing interest.

At least for me, I spot the bullshit games they play much faster. What used to seem cute now just seems toxic. I disqualify women much more readily.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby All_That_Is_Man » June 8th, 2012, 2:29 pm

Jester wrote:
Someone wrote:You're right, things were vastly different in 2007!

I was very busy dating in 2006-2007, I had a string of girlfriends without even trying too much. The demographic situation was a lot better for men (lots of young girls at the time) and also the economy was strong, this was before the recession.

I remember women really wanted to get married and it was the era of "The Rules" and "Bridget Jones" and "Sex And The City" -- all those women were desperate to find a husband. Nowadays it's the opposite. The men are having trouble finding wives.


The OP was very good but your post kind of hijacked it with something even better.

Yes things have changed just since 2005-2006 as many point out on this thread. I am not sure it is the women. It may be us. Maybe we are onto them, and therefore losing interest.

At least for me, I spot the bullshit games they play much faster. What used to seem cute now just seems toxic. I disqualify women much more readily.


This is very true. So when you say that it was us who changed, you simply mean that we became fully aware that western women are out to get us! It was us who changed for the better then. The question is, if women haven't changed in the previously mentioned years, then how long have women been man-hating, sex-witholding schemers?
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 1:31 am

Re: Women aren't attracted to men. (an article)

Postby polya » June 8th, 2012, 8:21 pm

polya wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:I remember discussing a very revealing topic on another men's forum some years back, and this article was brought up. Granted, this article is a theory that a man had written on the Pittsburgh, PA craigslist page, however, the validity of his points are extremely accurate.

[author unknown] wrote:Women aren't attracted to men.

WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO:
() status
() money
() how much a man smiles and laughs
() how much friends and resources a man has
() how full a man’s life is
() how many cool, exciting, and prestigious things he is doing or connected to
() how others view him
() how others want to be around him


Now, I'm kinda on the fence with this, simply because this article was written back on October 18, 2007, and to the best of my knowledge women didn't hate men 5 years ago the way they hate us today, so I could see some of these things on the list working in a man's favor at the time, but not lately. Furthermore, I have never been to Pittsburgh, PA; but I could understand this list holding true for all women regardless. I feel that these are strong characteristics for a man to strive for, however, I just don't see them attracting women. Some things on the list are timeless (i.e. money, and... well, money), but in 2012, I just don't see how a man would attract women by smiling or laughing, having a full/busy life, having exciting hobbies, etc. Women have become so heartless that the only thing on that list that would attract them is money. Another interesting fact is that this article was written in 2007, which you know was before the current recession/depression we are in, so while at the time a man could have a majority of qualities on this list and still get away with attracting women, but today a woman will not tolerate a man with ALL of the qualities on this list if he doesn't have money. Whatever your take may be on this article, it's interesting to note that I actually found it in the "Best of Craigslist" section.

Your thoughts?


The false premise of this article is that men should even TRY to get a AW - AW are vultures and vipers who need to be shunned by men like leppers. So the fact is I don't give a damn about what an AW wants & won't change anything about myself to please her. But for the guys who haven't learned this AW want simply want money (but to take 1/2 of yours through divorce).
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 850
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Postby djfourmoney » June 8th, 2012, 11:38 pm

Blue Murder wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:That's hardly unusual...
Once you as a male become 30, you're still trying to date women about 22. Women that young are far more concerned about things like height and income. However that said, shorter guys (White Men) generally don't have a problem. Shorter Black men do have a problem. Just look at any dating site with Black Women on it and you'll see over 6'0 comes up many times...

I don't date Black Women and I'm over 6'0 so both of these are not issues.

Finally. Something your dumbarse and I agree on: Heightism.

It is the worst in black women. Them hoes ask for unreal heights too. Fuckin' 6'2" and shit. A small percentage of men (regardless of race) are that high, with most coming in at 5'9" - 6'0" (like you in this case). Forget about everything else -- they don't even let you put your foot in the door unless you're a f***ing behemoth.


Why you calling me names? This is why MRA is counterproductive.....
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TD-40 and 4 guests