Teaching English Abroad: Spreading Feminism/Westernization?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

manly5000 wrote:Damned if I do, damned if I don't, huh fellas?

If I stay here in America the best I can hope for is getting together with some fat, horrific bitch who will make my life a living hell.

If I leave and go abroad to teach English (the only real job prospect for someone of my limited means and skillset) so I can meet a quality girl and start a family with her over there, people will accuse me of spreading feminism (even though I'm the furthest thing from a "mangina" you will ever meet).

That's fine though. The sooner the entire world tries to be like America, the sooner we can completely destroy ourselves and the world can start over from scratch.

Maybe the next sentient species to dominate this planet won't suck so badly.
You teach anti-feminism in the classroom; that is what you should do. Hell, I did it when I was teaching English in northern Chile, at an all-American English institute, but it was run by an American dude from Arizona so hence I didn't get fired, I quit for among other reasons.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

djfourmoney wrote:
Winston wrote:How about teaching English and critical thinking at the same time? For instance, you could teach your English class about the ills of westernization and the damage it's done to people's souls, values and cultures?
Correct, I'm getting tired of this alarmist nature out of some posters. Its worst then chicken little or the boy who cried wolf...

Critical though is what critics of our education system bring up the most. I just have to laugh when some men simpletons that it seems many of them are, say they don't want their GF/Wife to speak English, its evil at its roots or something. Or English speaking Foreign women have been Westernized to the point of damage goods.

I don't see [mostly want-to-be happier abroad/abroad/MGTOW] men rushing to pick up Mandarin, Russian or even Spanish. Sounds hypocritical to me

You can see it in some of the threads here (lack of critical thinking) instead relying strictly on red-meat, lizard brain emotional fodder.
IV Money made a comeback from his Ron Darling slump per bold. LMAO! +∞
Now you have been biting off what I have been saying for a couple of years now on this forum LMAO!!!
But it's still bullshit that you claim that cats like me and skateboardstephen shouldn't hide our GFE's from English! LOL
We will never agree on that itsy-bitsy portion huh??
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

Introvert
Freshman Poster

Please, do not be alarmed

Post by Introvert »

I agree with your first reply in the thread, eurobrat.

I'm not being an alarmist. I still believe that teaching English is a great idea for guys looking to live abroad. This question is simply something to be mindful of while teaching because most don't even consider the possible repercussions.

The key, in my opinion, is not to transfer the cultural values along with our language. I have no desire to stifle a student's intellectual curiosity. However, I would like them to understand whichever media they are accessing within the context of the situation (critical thinking) instead of blindly seeing every new thing as something "cool".

As far as "men rushing to pick up Mandarin, Russian or even Spanish," pues, lo haré prontamente. Also working on slovio (because I have no idea where in the world I'll end up next).
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@Introvert,

Deberias hacerlo prontamente porque hay un gran mundo afuera de aca! Tengalo en cuenta!!

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Teaching English Abroad: Spreading Feminism/Westernizati

Post by Jackal »

Introvert wrote:It's been alluded to before but never fully discussed (that I know of). Are we spreading feminism/westernization by teaching English abroad?
It depends what you mean by "we." This might be what's happening overall because many of the people from Anglo countries who go abroad to teach English may well be women or manginas (I've picked up the term from you guys lol).

However, there are definite exceptions, and I am one of those exceptions. I am so very non-feminist that once when I met some American female English teachers here, they were so disgusted that they never ever wanted to have anything to do with me again! lol

Your teaching is a reflection of your personality. If you are mostly non-feminist in your beliefts, then your teaching will be that way and vice versa.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I teach ESL here in turkey ... it is a form of colonialism yes ... but regardless of us English teachers the media gets it's way in via different languages too. A lot of television stations are foreign owned, eg Al Jazeera is American owned now etc.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

About a year ago I was Skyping with a miner from Colombia who was taking English classes at night at a local school. He sent me a passage he had to read in English so I could help him understand and translate it into Spanish. The passage he sent me was some feminist propaganda about how men should be required to stay home more so that women could work, and how men should hold community meetings on a regular basis to try to carry out this goal. I was shocked, considering I eventually plan to move to South America for good and would prefer that this type of shit remain in the US. Turns out the teacher was some Americacunt feminist who did nothing but spew her anti-male propaganda to the (nearly all male) class. We ended up bullshitting against feminists for several hours after that. Thankfully the guy told me all the other students basically thought of her as a joke, including the women, and that Colombia, at least, is very far from where the US is.