Teaching English Abroad: Spreading Feminism/Westernization?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Teaching English Abroad: Spreading Feminism/Westernization?

Post by Introvert »

It's been alluded to before but never fully discussed (that I know of). Are we spreading feminism/westernization by teaching English abroad?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Yep, a lot of english teachers are western manginas and treat women with the same insecurities that they do in the west. Women are quick to home in and take advantage of this. They even do the same things they do in the west..ie. cockblock, act like egotistical idiots, etc..
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

eurobrat wrote:Yes we are, especially with the internet. Unfortunately the more english they know the more they will tune into our media.
That's why I support what China is doing in limiting the number of Hollywood movies and television shows that get shown in the country and limiting immigration into the country. They also try to preserve Chinese way-of-life by encouraging their own domestic forms of entertainment and culture rather than on bringing in stuff from foreign countries. Unfortunately, even the Chinese are becoming infatuated with all things Western...

In some crazy way, I wish there were more North Korea's in the world: at least that country still maintains a unique culture that hasn't been invaded by the likes of McDonald's and other cultural garbage I see everywhere in the world.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Wow. For once, I actually agree with the insipid idiot that is Zboy.

Say what you will about North Korea, but he has the right idea. They recognise the West for what it is: a disgrace to real culture.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Damned if I do, damned if I don't, huh fellas?

If I stay here in America the best I can hope for is getting together with some fat, horrific bitch who will make my life a living hell.

If I leave and go abroad to teach English (the only real job prospect for someone of my limited means and skillset) so I can meet a quality girl and start a family with her over there, people will accuse me of spreading feminism (even though I'm the furthest thing from a "mangina" you will ever meet).

That's fine though. The sooner the entire world tries to be like America, the sooner we can completely destroy ourselves and the world can start over from scratch.

Maybe the next sentient species to dominate this planet won't suck so badly.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Blue Murder wrote:Wow. For once, I actually agree with the insipid idiot that is Zboy.

Say what you will about North Korea, but he has the right idea. They recognise the West for what it is: a disgrace to real culture.
What's up with the name calling Blue? That's pretty childish man.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

zboy1 wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Yes we are, especially with the internet. Unfortunately the more english they know the more they will tune into our media.
That's why I support what China is doing in limiting the number of Hollywood movies and television shows that get shown in the country and limiting immigration into the country. They also try to preserve Chinese way-of-life by encouraging their own domestic forms of entertainment and culture rather than on bringing in stuff from foreign countries. Unfortunately, even the Chinese are becoming infatuated with all things Western...

In some crazy way, I wish there were more North Korea's in the world: at least that country still maintains a unique culture that hasn't been invaded by the likes of McDonald's and other cultural garbage I see everywhere in the world.
So murderous Stalinism is "Pure Korean Culture"? LOL When it comes to "cultural garbage" the EUROPEAN invention of Stalinst style totalitarianism takes the cake with a vengeance. The murderous destruction in North Korea would make Fidel Castro blush. This is not
Korean in origins at all. A significant portion of the population is starving and that number would be much larger if it were not for outside aid. This last winter, food rations had to be extended with sawdust as an additive mmmm....yum! Most of then would take a Big Mac any day.
Probably better examples to make your point- and there is one, that cultures that are isolated may continue to shelter original qualities that may be quite valuable and authentic. Even within the US, subcultures survive and sometimes thrive...look at the Amish or Mennonites...France and parts of Canada have attempted to do some of this, and succeed to a point.

Outwest
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

To add my thoughts to what zboy mentioned it seems like everywhere that has gone from monarchy or dictatorship to republic, democracy, with feminism and political correctness has had their woman become more like Anglo women. Ignoring the nice guys, sleeping around with any guy and caring less about committed relationships with good guys. The family structure in Anglo nations has really fallen apart. That is why I don't blame China, North Korea, and the Arab world for trying to resist the cultural influences of the West. Feminism brings immorality and destroys relationships.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How about teaching English and critical thinking at the same time? For instance, you could teach your English class about the ills of westernization and the damage it's done to people's souls, values and cultures?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:How about teaching English and critical thinking at the same time? For instance, you could teach your English class about the ills of westernization and the damage it's done to people's souls, values and cultures?
Correct, I'm getting tired of this alarmist nature out of some posters. Its worst then chicken little or the boy who cried wolf...

Critical though is what critics of our education system bring up the most. I just have to laugh when some men simpletons that it seems many of them are, say they don't want their GF/Wife to speak English, its evil at its roots or something. Or English speaking Foreign women have been Westernized to the point of damage goods.

I don't see men rushing to pick up Mandarin, Russian or even Spanish. Sounds hypocritical to me

You can see it in some of the threads here (lack of critical thinking) instead relying strictly on red-meat, lizard brain emotional fodder.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

I agree with DJ

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

I don't think that teaching English is a bad thing. It's not like as soon as foreign women learn English that they'll chop off their hair, pack on the blubber, and start driving oversized pickup trucks. Last I checked, learning a new language doesn't turn foreign women into midwestern American females.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.