Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Winston, once again, your forum is completely out of control

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Winston, once again, your forum is completely out of control

Postby GuitarGuy996 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:18 am

I check this website once a day like I've been doing for the last 6 months. This site inspired me to move abroad and I am "happier abroad" since.

However, it is clear that this website is becoming a den of hatred like the Conrad/Chillenueva days a few months back.

What makes us any different than feminists if all we do is spit hatred on the forum. I even see new posters bashing the female members of this forum that positively contribute.

Guys, I know how you feel but it's a war you're not going to win anytime soon, especially with the new, hate filled attitude present on the forum.

You should re-instate Repatriate, or someone else who clearly has a decent head on their shoulders to moderate.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 pm







Postby manly5000 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:05 am

Yeah. Can't even post thoughts in a thread without someone jumping up in your face and giving you shit.

I don't come here for this bullshit and don't treat anyone with disrespect, yet shit blows up in my face. This forum has become a den of negativity and hatred for each other.

Seriously, if I wanted to be treated like this, I'd just go out and ask American Women out on dates. I don't see any point in posting here as long as it stays like this.
manly5000
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Postby Blue Murder » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 am

You're both right. Between Peter misreading posts and conducting himself poorly (for a business man I might add), Zboy being a general troll and moronic c**t, AllThatIsMan being a white-washed mangina, IV Money being a whiny child, trolls like Crazy Black Bitch, and Winston being Winston, I don't see this site getting much more development than it already has.

I'm thinking about leaving the site. Especially if my topics continue to be ignored. Nobody wants to talk about shit that could help them, only how much Western women suck.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Climbing that mountain; reaching that plateau.

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:27 am

manly5000 wrote:Yeah. Can't even post thoughts in a thread without someone jumping up in your face and giving you shit.

I don't come here for this bullshit and don't treat anyone with disrespect, yet shit blows up in my face. This forum has become a den of negativity and hatred for each other.

Seriously, if I wanted to be treated like this, I'd just go out and ask American Women out on dates. I don't see any point in posting here as long as it stays like this.


Followed by...

Blue Murder wrote:You're both right. Between Peter misreading posts and conducting himself poorly (for a business man I might add), Zboy being a general troll and moronic c**t, AllThatIsMan being a white-washed mangina, IV Money being a whiny child, trolls like Crazy Black Bitch, and Winston being Winston, I don't see this site getting much more development than it already has.

I'm thinking about leaving the site. Especially if my topics continue to be ignored. Nobody wants to talk about shit that could help them, only how much Western women suck.


Wow, way to prove manly5000's point to a tee there. :roll:
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 am

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 am

You can't complain about other people's character and expect them to change. People are what they are. You can't expect everyone to change to suit you.

Someone said that Conrad is back. Where? Under what user name?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Blue Murder » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:24 am

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Wow, way to prove manly5000's point to a tee there. :roll:


By explanation, not example.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Climbing that mountain; reaching that plateau.

Postby GuitarGuy996 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:58 am

Winston, I understand that you can't change people, and that everyone is entitled to their opinion; however, this site should have some sort of standard.

All I see now is internal wars betwen many (mostly new) posters. This guys scour the forum 24/7 ready to attack anyone who doesn't agree with them, and rather than ignore them, we are engaging with them. I won't name names because it should be obvious to anyone who visits the forum.

Rather than race/flame wars, attacking female members, and just endless bitching: what about more trip reports and CONSTRUCTIVE conversation. Everyone needs to bitch about their situation from time to time, but these conversations should lead to solutions and conclusions.

From a business standpoint, you'd probably make more money too if site owners saw this as a more legitimate website.

I'm sure there are PLENTY of posters, including myself, here that would be willing to moderate this forum 24/7 (for some sort of compensation obviously). You should look into it if you want your site to grow or have any sort of solid future.

-Guitar Guy
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Postby FreeYourMind » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:05 am

I agree completely. And Winston, oh oblivious one, "Blue Murder" is example number one of the trolls who have infested the site of late.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:15 am

Re: Winston,once again ,your forum is completely out of cont

Postby Repatriate » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:54 am

GuitarGuy996 wrote:
You should re-instate Repatriate, or someone else who clearly has a decent head on their shoulders to moderate.

There's no way in hell i'll ever mod this again. I simply don't have the time for it and the direction Winston wants to take this forum is entirely different from what most long term users want. Winston enjoys flame wars, spam, conspiracy crap cluttering everything 24-7 because he literally can't differentiate between real topics and fake ones.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Winston,once again ,your forum is completely out of cont

Postby OutWest » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:47 am

Repatriate wrote:
GuitarGuy996 wrote:
You should re-instate Repatriate, or someone else who clearly has a decent head on their shoulders to moderate.

There's no way in hell i'll ever mod this again. I simply don't have the time for it and the direction Winston wants to take this forum is entirely different from what most long term users want. Winston enjoys flame wars, spam, conspiracy crap cluttering everything 24-7 because he literally can't differentiate between real topics and fake ones.


+1

outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 am

GuitarGuy996 wrote:Winston, I understand that you can't change people, and that everyone is entitled to their opinion; however, this site should have some sort of standard.

All I see now is internal wars betwen many (mostly new) posters. This guys scour the forum 24/7 ready to attack anyone who doesn't agree with them, and rather than ignore them, we are engaging with them. I won't name names because it should be obvious to anyone who visits the forum.

Rather than race/flame wars, attacking female members, and just endless bitching: what about more trip reports and CONSTRUCTIVE conversation. Everyone needs to bitch about their situation from time to time, but these conversations should lead to solutions and conclusions.

From a business standpoint, you'd probably make more money too if site owners saw this as a more legitimate website.

I'm sure there are PLENTY of posters, including myself, here that would be willing to moderate this forum 24/7 (for some sort of compensation obviously). You should look into it if you want your site to grow or have any sort of solid future.

-Guitar Guy


But don't you see, that's subjective. Where do you draw the line? If you eliminate people getting into arguments, then a moderator can ban anyone who argues. It's an excuse to ban anyone you don't like, and such standards can apply to anyone, including yourself. Remember how Repatriate wrongly banned you? That can happen to anyone, unless you draw a clear line.

Anyone can be called a troll, flame baiter, trouble maker, etc.

You need to have specific rules that are objective and not subject to interpretation. Do you understand what I mean?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby lavezzi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

It's simple, there aren't many of them, only two as far as I can see. Blue Murder and OutsideoftheBox. Just start a poll and run it for 24 hours.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby manly5000 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 pm

You need to have specific rules that are objective and not subject to interpretation. Do you understand what I mean?


It's simple. Moderate posts where people fling insults and name-calling at each other. Ban users who repeatedly do so despite your warnings. This is basic, basic shit that just about every other decent forum out there runs by.

It's as easy as that. That will eliminate 99 percent of the negativity and hatred that is destroying this place and making it suck. I come here because someday, when I save up enough money to make it happen, I want to be "Happier Abroad". Being insulted when I post defeats the purpose of this forum.

There's nothing wrong with debate/light arguing. But if moderating insults and name-calling is too much to ask then I'm not going to post here any longer.
manly5000
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Winston,once again ,your forum is completely out of cont

Postby ethan_sg » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Fully agreed GuitarGuy996.

The quality of postings seems to be going down and there is a lot of hate going on. This is place is beginning to be filled with militant extremists and trolls who generate nothing but hate and spam.

Winston don't sacrifice quality for quantity. Once this forum loses its quality posters it'll lose its soul and can only go downhill from there.


GuitarGuy996 wrote:I check this website once a day like I've been doing for the last 6 months. This site inspired me to move abroad and I am "happier abroad" since.

However, it is clear that this website is becoming a den of hatred like the Conrad/Chillenueva days a few months back.

What makes us any different than feminists if all we do is spit hatred on the forum. I even see new posters bashing the female members of this forum that positively contribute.

Guys, I know how you feel but it's a war you're not going to win anytime soon, especially with the new, hate filled attitude present on the forum.

You should re-instate Repatriate, or someone else who clearly has a decent head on their shoulders to moderate.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 am
Location: Shanghai

Postby boycottamericanwomen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Why the f**k ban Blue Murder? How is he a troll? He sounds like a pretty sincere guy.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mattyman, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests