The ultimate online dating experiment (okcupid)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

The ultimate online dating experiment (okcupid)

Post by OzGuy »

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/06/ ... xperiment/

This is one of the best online dating experiments I've seen, thought you guys might be interested.

No surprises here really, but I do like the comparisons of male/female ranging from "ugliest to hottest"

Can't believe the ugliest girl nearly the same number of messages than the hottest guy!!! This proves how picky women are.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The ultimate online dating experiment (okcupid)

Post by jamesbond »

OzGuy wrote:http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/06/ ... xperiment/

This is one of the best online dating experiments I've seen, thought you guys might be interested.

No surprises here really, but I do like the comparisons of male/female ranging from "ugliest to hottest"

Can't believe the ugliest girl nearly the same number of messages than the hottest guy!!! This proves how picky women are.
Wow, good find OzGuy! I just read that article and it confirms what we have been saying, that women in anglo-countries get a LOT more responses from online dating than the men do.

Even good looking men don't get a lot of responses. Hell even ugly girls get more responses than good looking guys do! :shock:

This is why online dating for western men is a complete and utter waste of time! Most women who use online dating are fat or ugly anyway. Your not going to find any good looking women on the internet, if the woman was good looking ................... she wouldn't be using the internet! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

A nice article although guys are better off using a foreign dating site! I get 3-4 messages a day on Chinese Love Links. If I were to subscribe to Filipino Cupid I think my mailbox would be full in 3 days.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

No surprise.

Men outnumber women at least 3:1 in online dating.

Stick to foreign dating websites.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Here is the original article http://jonmillward.com/blog/attraction- ... xperiment/

I have actually found women to be the pickiest of all on okcupid more than any other dating site.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

OzGuy wrote:
I have actually found women to be the pickiest of all on okcupid more than any other dating site.
There's a logical explanation for this. Women who would bother to answer the hundreds of profile questions are most likely 1) idiots 2) sociopathic 3) unemployed with lots of spare time ie. worthless. 4) Ultra anal retards

So you have a 1, 2, and 3, who usually don't come up for any search when it comes to western men's preferences. Then you have #4 who features prominently which is a disaster in the making.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

It's kind of funny that the article seems to indicate dating on okcupid is just like Bio 101, wherein the "men" are sending many many "messengers" all competing for just 1 "prize"
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

jamesbond wrote:

Wow, good find OzGuy! I just read that article and it confirms what we have been saying, that women in anglo-countries get a LOT more responses from online dating than the men do.

Even good looking men don't get a lot of responses. Hell even ugly girls get more responses than good looking guys do! :shock:

This is why online dating for western men is a complete and utter waste of time! Most women who use online dating are fat or ugly anyway. Your not going to find any good looking women on the internet, if the woman was good looking ................... she wouldn't be using the internet! :lol:
Why wow? How many times does this experiment have to be done before the message hits home?

You can run this experiment until your blue in the face and the results will be the same, women, even ugly/fat women will get more action than average looking men....
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

djfourmoney wrote:
jamesbond wrote:

Why wow? How many times does this experiment have to be done before the message hits home?

You can run this experiment until your blue in the face and the results will be the same, women, even ugly/fat women will get more action than average looking men....
We should test the extremes of this and put up profiles with these conditions:

Girl #1 Write about an obvious mental illness in her profile. Just put in there that you were recently diagnosed as a psychopath and have a manic-depressive personality disorder too. Also mention that you are a felon and have 3 kids. Post up an average looking blonde white woman.

Girl #2 It would be fun to get a little creative here and say that you're retarded and spent time in a school for the mentally impaired and you're also addicted to fast food...especially Burger King and that you weigh a little over 180 lbs but you have big tits.

Girl #3 Quadruple amputee. No legs, no arms. just post a face shot and say that you lost it all in a mining accident.

Girl #4 Religious zealot. In her profile write about how she thinks Jesus is going to come in a year's time and how you're preparing for the apocalypse. That any relationship you get into should involve no sex until after rapture.

I bet American men are stupid and desperate enough to barrage all 4 of these fake profiles with propositions. I bet most will outright even ignore the flaws of girl #1 and #4.