Why are there women line judges in men's tennis?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Why are there women line judges in men's tennis?

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

If a woman can not get out of the way of even a tennis ball how the hell can she claim she has the reflexes and speed of vision and decision making to be a line judge for mens tennis? Let the women be line judges for WOMENS tennis where the balls move so much slower.

And by the way. How many men here notice that womens tennis, and all womens sports, are sexist and discriminatory in that they deny men the chance to compete based on sex alone. I am sure the men would be HAPPY to have just ONE draw and for ALL tennis players to compete based on SKILL and not on GENITALS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Fish.html
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You can't have men and women competing in the same draw in singles tennis. It wouldn't be fair. Women aren't allowed in men's tennis either. So they segregate them, just like junior and professional leagues are separated. It's common sense.

There are mixed doubles leagues by the way.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Tennis is a girl's sport, so I say it's fair enough. But women seriously need to stay out of men's sports, be it playing, supporting or refereeing :D:

You have to hand it to Kevin McNaughton in this clip for not treating the "lineswoman" any different than he'd have treated a linesman in a similar situation.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

lavezzi wrote:Tennis is a girl's sport, so I say it's fair enough. But women seriously need to stay out of men's sports, be it playing, supporting or refereeing :D:
Yeah seriously! Now women are trying to get into playing with men--witness for example, Michelle Wie and Annika Sorenstam playing in the men's PGA tournaments, a male wrestler forfeiting a match against a female wrestler due to religious reasons, and and a HS baseball team forfeiting a baseball game against a rival school because they did not want to play against a women player on the team:

Team forfeits due to female opponent
http://espn.go.com/high-school/story/_/ ... it-phoenix

West High female wrestler reacts to state forfeit
http://www.dailyiowan.com/2011/02/21/Metro/21520.html

What's next? WNBA players in the NBA, female football players in English Premier League games, smh...
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Winston wrote:You can't have men and women competing in the same draw in singles tennis. It wouldn't be fair. Women aren't allowed in men's tennis either. So they segregate them, just like junior and professional leagues are separated. It's common sense.

There are mixed doubles leagues by the way.
Excluding men from competing in the womens draw is sexism and discrimination and that is ILLEGAL in the UK. It does not matter if the women could then no compete with the men. FAIR is based on FAIR RULES and not UNFAIR RULES of exclusion.

It is not "common sense" to force the exclusion of men from an opportunity to earn their living...any more than it would be "common sense" to exclude women from sitting in parliament or sitting on a board of a company.

Funny how you cite "common sense" as a justification for sexism and discrimination....but we do need more men to point out that at Wimbledon women are sexist and discriminatory.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

zboy1 wrote:

What's next? WNBA players in the NBA, female football players in English Premier League games, smh...
What would be next is that if LOTS of men DEMANDED that womens sports be opened up to MEN on the basis of EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE for the opportunity to earn a living then ALL "women sports" would be taken over by MEN and the men would earn that money that was wasted on women "athletes".

I mean "women athletes" is an oxymoron like square circle or full hole.

Men being barred from women sports based merely on gender is JUST AS ILLEGAL as women being barred from sitting in parliament based on gender. The SAME legislation applies.