New Ignore function doesn't work - to ignore Winston

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
davewe
Experienced Poster

New Ignore function doesn't work - to ignore Winston

Post by davewe »

So I was pretty excited about the forum's new ignore function. I thought of 2 or 3 guys I'd like to ignore. Tried it out on PAN and it worked like a charm. All of his posts just showed a message that he was on my ignore list.

But after Winston's meltdown today and several personal attacks against me, I figured I'd "ignore" him. Now I thought that I'd ignore him for a few days and when things cooled down, I un-ignore him.

Guess what? I clicked ignore for Winston and it doesn't work. Apparently the system is set up so you can't ignore Winston.

Has anyone else tried to ignore our esteemed leader and did it work?

I can't think of a better metaphor for what this place has become.
Last edited by davewe on July 12th, 2012, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You are so immature and jump to conclusions.

Why ignore me? I have a right to defend myself against bullies and mean spirited lies. You would too.

You never explained something to me:

Why do you not have a problem with Repatriate lying and lying, but you have a problem with me defending myself against lies and bullying?

Isn't that upside down? In your world, is white black and black white?

Can you explain logically?

Or are you too old and cranky?

I thought people your age were supposed to be wise?

To answer your question, I don't know why the ignore feature doesn't work against me. Maybe it doesn't work against moderators and admins? Maybe the creator of the mod thought that no one would ignore an admin or mod?

You see, at least I answer your questions, while you continually dodged mine.

Are you honestly saying that you don't see Repatriate's mean spiritedness in his posts? If so, then you are beyond reason...
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Winston wrote:You are so immature and jump to conclusions.

Why ignore me? I have a right to defend myself against bullies and mean spirited lies. You would too.

You never explained something to me:

Why do you not have a problem with Repatriate lying and lying, but you have a problem with me defending myself against lies and bullying?

Isn't that upside down? In your world, is white black and black white?

Can you explain logically?

Or are you too old and cranky?

I thought people your age were supposed to be wise?

To answer your question, I don't know why the ignore feature doesn't work against me. Maybe it doesn't work against moderators and admins? Maybe the creator of the mod thought that no one would ignore an admin or mod?

You see, at least I answer your questions, while you continually dodged mine.

Are you honestly saying that you don't see Repatriate's mean spiritedness in his posts? If so, then you are beyond reason...
Posts like this are why I would want to ignore you.

And you still didn't explain why your system appears to be set up so that I can ignore any member but you.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I already told you, I didn't set it up that way. Sheesh. The programmer/creator of the mod did. All I did was follow the instructions that came with the mod. Didn't you see the instructions I posted in that thread about the ignore feature?

I thought you understand that? Sheesh.

If I could, I'd make it so that you could ignore me. I have no problem with you ignoring me.

So can you tell me why you condone lying about people, but you chide me for self-defense?

That speaks badly about your character Davewe. Just being honest. I didn't do anything wrong. But I don't like that you ridicule honest innocent people and are silent toward bullies and deceitful people. Why do you condemn self-defense, but you don't condemn lying? That's f***ed, don't you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

You can't ignore a moderator or Admin. That is the way it is set up in most software. There is another forum with a dickhead of a moderator who I would love to ignore, but the software won't allow it.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Adama wrote:You can't ignore a moderator or Admin. That is the way it is set up in most software. There is another forum with a dickhead of a moderator who I would love to ignore, but the software won't allow it.
Yes, I assumed as much. Just found it ironic.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: New Ignore function doesn't work - to ignore Winston

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:So I was pretty excited about the forum's new ignore function. I thought of 2 or 3 guys I'd like to ignore. Tried it out on PAN and it worked like a charm. All of his posts just showed a message that he was on my ignore list.

But after Winston's meltdown today and several personal attacks against me, I figured I'd "ignore" him. Now I thought that I'd ignore him for a few days and when things cooled down, I un-ignore him.

Guess what? I clicked ignore for Winston and it doesn't work. Apparently the system is set up so you can't ignore Winston.

Has anyone else tried to ignore our esteemed leader and did it work?

I can't think of a better metaphor for what this place has become.
I thought about doing the same thing exactly.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Can I ignore myself?

Can Winston ban himself?
Out in the world living the dream!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well the bottom line is that I don't start fights or bully anyone in a mean spirited manner. So my conscience is clean at least. I did nothing wrong.

Those who start fights are the ones in the wrong, yet people like Davewe don't have the intelligence or awareness to see that.

I guess sadly, we have our insane nutcases here too, who operate on bizarro upside down logic, and condone bullies, lies and exaggerations.

Very sad and disappointing.

But hey, at least I don't lie or BS or bully others. So my conscience is clean. If you hate me for no reason, that's your problem. I stand by that with all my heart and conscience. I'm not the one in the wrong here.

If anyone wants to ignore me (due to his problem, not mine) simply scroll through my posts without reading them.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

manly5000 wrote:Can I ignore myself?
Been times I wanted to do that, too.
:wink:
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Jester wrote:
manly5000 wrote:Can I ignore myself?
Been times I wanted to do that, too.
:wink:
+1

This thread was started for a simple reason. The new ignore feature (which had been much desired by me) did not allow me to ignore a particular individual. The reason is probably that the person in question is the administrator. Don't know why you can't ignore the administrator, but apparently it's set up so you can't. Whether that is a function of the code or whether the administrator set it up this way - don't know, don't care.

The thread has nothing to do with who's right or wrong, who lies or tells the truth, who is or isn't old, or a bully, or anything else. I merely asked if anyone else had tried to ignore Winston and had they been able to do it.

The feature is meaningless if I have to debate about why I might want to ignore someone, so I won't enter into that debate.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 20th, 2013, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

eurobrat wrote:How about an ignore all button so that I can sit and talk to myself :lol:
Best use of the forum by far. :D
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Dave and co,
It's very easy to ignore Winston. Anytime you see one of his post, just scroll past it. Only bother to read his posts if you have absolutely nothing else to do and are looking for some entertainment. LOL

What the hell happened to you Winston? You were a decent guy to read not so long ago, nowadays, you're behaving like a typical hamster aka feminazi...what happened to you dude???? You're on the verge of losing the site but most importantly, your own sanity...wake up dude!!!
HappyGuy

Re: New Ignore function doesn't work - to ignore Winston

Post by HappyGuy »

@Winston check your PMs. You're running the forum like you want it to fail.