Winston, so why are you still in Taiwan??

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Guess who's in China now

Post by Falcon »

Rock wrote:How long u gonna b there? I was talking to Monkro about possibly doing a trip together when he returns from States at end of August. He's particularly interested in Dalian. I've never been to Kunming but I've heard its kinda a backpacker type area and there's a high percentage of minority people mixed in with the locals there. Closest I've been in Chengdu which is also pretty laid-back.
There are a lot of white backpackers here in Yunnan, especially in Kunming. In Guizhou, I saw a grand total of only 2 white people, both in Guiyang.

As with my Mexico trips, I tend to go way off the beaten path.

A lot of rural people in Yunnan, Guizhou, and Guangxi can pass for Filipino or even Cambodian. Genetic studies have also shown that they are indeed quite related to their Southeast Asian neighbors. If you take a rural bus in southwestern China, nearly everyone will be dark brown, including the women and children. I would hear them speaking Southwestern Mandarin (more so in Guizhou, which is more sinicized), Zhuang, Miao/Hmong, and other minority languages.
Naoki
Freshman Poster

Post by Naoki »

DevilsAdvocate wrote: I cannot believe you are talking about fat Heffers as being in demand in Asia, and that the hot chicks white guys go for are ugly and nobody wants them, this goes to clearly show how whacked out you truly are.

The Asian guys are trying to get with white Asian girls, why? Cause they want to be white like I am, that's why.

White guys, especially Germans, are the best in the world, simple that. We are by far the smartest, we think of ourselves as superior to everyone else and we know it's true. Look at the German economy, look at German manufacturing, even after two world wars that Germany lost by getting ganged up on by the rest of the world Germany still has the best economy and best products in the world, hands down.

We Germans are superior, and we know it. It's not racists it's simply true. We were the fighter pilots you didn't want to meet up in the sky because you knew if you did that you were going up against somebody with a superior intellect to yourself.

As blonde hair blue eyed men we can get any girls we want on this planet, black girls, Asian girls, Latin girls, any kind of girl, for they all like us German guys....

We'll gladly leave the fat Heffers to you....

Signed,

Devils Advocate
I bet you are actually an asian man who sitting behind computer try to make people angry.
One advice for you, GET A LIFE! :lol:
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

Naoki wrote:
DevilsAdvocate wrote: I cannot believe you are talking about fat Heffers as being in demand in Asia, and that the hot chicks white guys go for are ugly and nobody wants them, this goes to clearly show how whacked out you truly are.

The Asian guys are trying to get with white Asian girls, why? Cause they want to be white like I am, that's why.

White guys, especially Germans, are the best in the world, simple that. We are by far the smartest, we think of ourselves as superior to everyone else and we know it's true. Look at the German economy, look at German manufacturing, even after two world wars that Germany lost by getting ganged up on by the rest of the world Germany still has the best economy and best products in the world, hands down.

We Germans are superior, and we know it. It's not racists it's simply true. We were the fighter pilots you didn't want to meet up in the sky because you knew if you did that you were going up against somebody with a superior intellect to yourself.

As blonde hair blue eyed men we can get any girls we want on this planet, black girls, Asian girls, Latin girls, any kind of girl, for they all like us German guys....

We'll gladly leave the fat Heffers to you....

Signed,

Devils Advocate
I bet you are actually an asian man who sitting behind computer try to make people angry.
One advice for you, GET A LIFE! :lol:

One advice for you, go f**k yourself....

When you become bad enough to tell me what to do you let me know, we'll meet each other on this small little planet and then in person you try to tell me what to do and watch what happens....

Now tell me, do you understand the words "go f**k yourself"?
Naoki
Freshman Poster

Post by Naoki »

DevilsAdvocate wrote: One advice for you, go f**k yourself....

When you become bad enough to tell me what to do you let me know, we'll meet each other on this small little planet and then in person you try to tell me what to do and watch what happens....
DevilsAdvocate wrote:Now tell me, do you understand the words "go f**k yourself"?
It's a thing that you do more than 7 times per day. At each time, you can only last for 3 secs. :lol:
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:You all won't believe this. But I just did it three times with a Chinese immigrant lady I met on QQ! She came over and stayed with me for a night until the next evening. Being kind of plump, she wasn't my usual type, but she was somewhat sexy and doable at least. But oh well. It was better than nothing and was an intense experience. I get the sense that she is kind of becoming attached to me though, and is trying to discourage me from going to China.
Oh no, you've moved onto harpooning whales...

Where did you meet her?
LMAO... Nice one eurobrat. Really, did you expect anything different from Winning? What's that saying... Beggars can't be choosers!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In another thread, Momopi asked me to make a to do list of things I have to do before I go to China, so he could see how many of them were necessary. Since it applies to the topic of this thread and answers the issue of "Winston, why are you still in Taiwan?" I will post my response and to do list here as well, which will shed some light on the issue with specifics.

viewtopic.php?p=97097#97097

Yes I have a to do list, that expands often and is hard to finish cause my mind is always too distracted, esp by this forum and various correspondences, and movies I watch. I can't remember my whole to do list, but here are some main items on the list:

1. Get my mercury fillings replaced.
2. Install a mobile version of this forum that works on Android, not just iPhone.
3. Organize my mailing list, which is a pain in the ass to update, into a PHP managed program, or a Yahoo Groups list, where people can add and unsubscribe themselves.
4. Update my ebook with all the revisions which I was supposed to do in January 2011. Update my Debunking PseudoSkeptics ebook too.
5. Publish my ebook on Create Space, which is a multi-step process that I halted in January 2011 because of the Philippines, distractions there, and the job I did for the Korean gaming company. Also publish my other two ebooks on religion and the paranormal as well.
6. Post the articles I drafted up in Notepad.
7. Print my article and pamphlet in Chinese and distribute to my Taiwanese relatives. Make copies of the Thrive DVD for them, which contains a dubbed version in Chinese..
8. Make copies of my Russia trip DVD's and mail them to Jamesbond, who wants to create YouTube clips from them. Find a way to mail them in Taiwan by finding out where the post office is.
9. Send letters to the Chinese women on my hot list on AFA and Foreignwomen.com.
10. Maintain correspondence with Chinese girls on my hot list through email and QQ and phone calls, which takes up a lot of time and is distracting too, even though it fits into my goals.
11. Fix my dad's laptop, which has hardware problems and a Windows system in Chinese that I can't use.
12. Research various health issues I have questions about.
13. Respond to the messages in my email box on DebunkingSkeptics.com, which has been backed up for more than a year, due to the the above items and many more.
14. Upload videos of my rants to YouTube that I've prepared offline.
15. Work on putting together more clips from the Russia videos, which I've been meaning to do for the last 2 years but haven't been able to get to! Imagine that.

Etc.

So you see, it's a lot of shit to do. That's why I'm overloaded. It's too much for one person to remember. This is why I am so slow to respond to many people's emails and PM's. I gave you many specifics above, so now you know I'm not just BSing or talking out of my ass. A lot of it was on my to do list long ago. But I just can't get to it. Each day goes by too fast and I get distracted too easily. There are many things in everyday life to distract you. You can even sit down and watch a movie and the rest of the evening is pretty much over, and then it's bedtime. It's very hard to get things done unless you focus, cut out distractions, stop wasting time, cut the long winded conversations with people who have nothing to do with your goals (which I often lecture Rock about lol), etc. See what I mean?

Another problem I have is low stamina. I get tired easily and need more rest than most people, so that makes me slower as well. Life is complicated and multiple things and people compound easily to become obstacles that drag you down and drain your time and energy.

My friend and mentor Walt Goodridge said in his book "Living True to Yourself" that one has to constantly update a to do list with paper and pencil in order to work their way toward a life that is free and true to themselves. I will post excerpts from it at some point (but with my huge to do list above, who knows when I will get to it, or anything for that matter).

At this point, my primary objectives are:

1. Meet, spend time with, and date hot Chinese girls that are my type.
2. Travel more, have more adventures and new experiences. See more countries.
3. Go back to Europe to continue my tour that I stopped in 2005, which might have been a mistake.

I'm trying my best to stop any distractions that don't fit into those objectives. But life is complicated. Many things get in the way and many people distract you. I've even had to stop spending time with friends in Taiwan who are nice, but not my type and don't contribute to those objectives.

Also, as I've said before in the "Winston why are you still in Taiwan?" thread, MY OWN MIND is also against me too. It constantly tries to slow me down, distract me, and find excuses not to do anything. We all have a negative part of our minds that try to bring us down, that fills us with negativity, doubt and make us lean toward the path of least resistance. And as we know, it's very easy to become addicted to this negative self-destructive part of our minds, which also gives in to addiction easily.

It's hard enough organizing external things in life through time management skills, but how do you fight against your own mind when it tries to sabotage you??? You tell me Momopi!

So as you can see, things are a lot more complicated than you think and assume! Now you see why I've been trying to go to China since January but still am not there yet? Sheesh. It's crazy!
Last edited by Winston on September 25th, 2012, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Lol. I think you just have the problem that it's hard to change your life.

I want to go to China. I'm still in the UK. We need to stop making excuses.

Don't let your website things stop you - you can do all that in China.

I am making progress on my plans though. I've sold and dumped loads of my shit, and my finances are in good shape.

Actually my main problem seems to be that it's hard to just go to China and live. Who will believe that I'm 40 and retired? So I need a legit way to stay there. I wanted to study Chinese, but it sounds like hard work. Oh well, I guess I could drop out if it's too tough.

I do find that working and chatting to Chinese ladies at the same time is just too hard though, the other guys here might not appreciate that it takes a heck of a lot of time to find decent girls on any dating site.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah. In reality, to do lists are hard to complete. Most people don't really complete them unless they are mandatory and required by their job, or are emergencies. Most people aren't that efficient in getting items done on to do lists.

You think I'm bad, well I've seen people who are far worse and never get anything done in any organized way. They seem to lack the ability to organize things. This is very common with white guys for some reason. Not to be racist, but that's just my observation based on experience.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston, u have a fluid laundry list of some 13 things u currently wanna get done and 3 Primary Objectives.

U badly need to prioritize. Like if the world is going to basically end in late December 2012 as per Mayan calendar, what would rather spend remaining time directly pursuing - the 3 Primary Objectives or 13 things? And which items on your laundry list are least time sensitive and can be delayed indefinitely?

Another key question to consider, how does your laundry list support your Primary Objectives? In business, u learn to focus on the small minority of activities which actually contribute most to achieving Primary Objectives (80/20) while delaying or cancelling the others. Clutter will bog you down, cripple u, and ultimately eat away your life.

All 3 of your primary Objectives are time sensitive in that the younger, healthier, and more energetic you are, the more effectively you can pursue them.

As for me, u may think I waste time when I have long conversations with random people I meet on my travels in Taiwan. But that is part of my enjoyment and fits in well with my own Primary Objectives. Also, one reason I spend a lot of time in one place (Taiwan) part of the year is to do my business (make more money) and get into shape (regular intense exercise and healthy eating). I also spend time here learning new languages. The money I make, health I achieve, and language skills learned enhance my experience for the months I am on the road meeting women and exploring new countries. So I'm more focused than u may realize. If I tried to do the exploring part 365 days a year, the quality of my experiences would deteriorate rapidly as time progresed.

I too have a fluid laundry list of things I hope to get done. When I am Taiwan, I generally get motivated enough during certain periods to take care of many of them so as to reduce the list over time. I'm very careful about adding new items as well. And of course I always get essential things done on time - taxes, FBARs, business opportunities w/deadlines, etc.

But I do my best not to let the list interfere with my enjoyment of life on a day-to-day basis when opportunities for fun emerge nor to let it interfere with the pursuit of my own Primary Objectives. If there is a movie I wanna see and a person I like available to go with me, I will drop whatever I'm doing on the laundry list and go for it. I can always get back to the more mundane stuff during my social downtime.

You see where I'm coming from with all this? You need to time order your to-do list and make sure the top items directly support your Primary Objectives most strongly. Focus your quality time (earlier weeks, months, years) on what you really care about most. Put the rest of it aside for now. Oh, and get your ass over to China pronto!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

One more thing - drop that BS thinking about 'my own mind is working against me'! If u need to chant it out, than chant it out as per what Lad told u. If u need to meditate a bit, go for it. Or perhaps some yoga or prayer would work.

Whatever it is, just do what u need to do to clear you mind and focus your thoughts! Get over yourself and just do it already.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Come on Winston you're just giving yourself excuses.

You've experienced through dating sites already, the differences between Chinese and Taiwanese girls. Once you go to China and see the number of beautiful women around and how they're so much more approachable, you're going to regret not going earlier.

If you were really determined to go to China, most of the items in your to-do list can either also be done in China or resolved quite quickly in Taiwan with a bit of focused planning, you just got to resolve to move. Or is fear of the unknown holding you back? Surely that wouldn't be like the founder of Happier Abroad.

And please don't say it takes the compulsion of a job to make the founder of Happier Abroad make the effort to move abroad in search of happiness! Now that would be ironic wouldn't it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In addition to the big to do list above, you have to consider the following.

Everyday we have to sleep 8 hours, spend time cooking lunch and dinner, going out to buy food and groceries, cleaning the house, doing laundry, and other errands. Now, if you add to all this 2 hours keeping up with the forum and answering emails, and 2 hours watching TV, then the day is pretty much gone and you won't even able to get to any of the items on your to do list!

See how complicated it is? Life is not as simple as you make it out to be. You don't just wake up and then have 24 hours to work on your to do list.

Add to that the fact that a to do list constantly grows and expands, even as you are checking off items, so it's ever growing. Emails also pile up and if you don't answer them, they get bigger and bigger. Plus I have low energy and stamina, esp in hot humid weather which makes me weaker and is bad for my health. I get tired easily too. And my own mind works against me by trying to sabotage me and make excuses. You see, for every desire or intent that you have, your reactive mind will create the opposite desire in order to counterbalance it. That's just how it works. And when it does that, it can slow you down or put you in a state of inertia. It's weird I know, but a unified mind is rare. Our minds by nature are conflicting.

So you see, the obstacles are a lot more than you think. Some are external obstacles and others are mental. There are a combination of factors working against you.

This is why most people are not good with managing to do lists or getting things done. Most people go to work, eat, and then are tired and too lazy to do anything else the rest of the day. That's why they have TV's.

So not being able to get things done on a to do list isn't that unusual. Most people aren't good at it. That's why most people don't do much in their lives besides school or work and eating and chatting with friends or watching TV.

It is true that some of the items on my list are not necessary, however a number of the items have been on there for more than a year, and I don't want to leave them hanging there. To do so causes anxiety within me. That's why I can't let them go. Part of my personality is OCD prone too, don't forget that.

Anyway, I posed my to do list problems to my friend and mentor Walt Goodridge, and he is preparing a video response to it, to supplement his book "Living True to Yourself". Here is the intro to his response:

Last edited by Winston on September 25th, 2012, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock and Ethan,
You are right that some of the items on my list aren't necessary. But some have been there over a year, such as publishing my ebook, and I don't want to leave them hanging, which causes me anxiety.

You also have to understand that my personality is perfectionistic and OCD prone too, which is good for accuracy but bad for getting things done and peace of mind. So not all of this is going to make sense too.

Ethan, of course they are excuses, but I was asked an answer in this thread, and these "excuses" are the most accurate answer I can give or express in words.

Rock, I can drop the idea that my mind is against me, but it wouldn't change the fact that it is, or seems to be. Denying something won't make it go away. A unified mind is rare. Most minds are in conflict. For every desire you have, an opposite one springs from your reactive mind, which can sabotage you if you let it. The mind is very tricky and conflicting and complicated and hard to control. Only meditation adepts are good at controlling it.

The point is that things, life, people and psychology are more complicated than just "go out and do it". Anyone can think or say something, but life is a lot more complicated than that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just started a Taiwan sucks thread with my complaints, rants and list of reasons why I am in a no win situation in Taiwan, and basically checkmated from every angle. I was going to post it here, but it got so long that I decided to start a new thread for it so that I can use a bold provocative title as well.

viewtopic.php?t=15807

Btw all, I forgot to add two more items to the to do list above:

14. Upload videos of my rants to YouTube that I've prepared offline.
15. Work on putting together more clips from the Russia videos, which I've been meaning to do for the last 2 years but haven't been able to get to! Imagine that.