Winston, so why are you still in Taiwan??

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Look on the bright side, passport renewal is much faster in Taiwan.

My US passport expires end of the year. Let's see, fill in form DS-82, go to local post office, mail in, cross fingers...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Hey Winston, it's getting warmer here in Guangzhou! It must have touched 24C today. I saw some white legged Chinese ladies today!!! Maybe there's a government law that all legs must be on show when it hits 25C.

This place is amazing, especially if you're Western looking. However, I guess Winston could pass himself off as successful Taiwanese businessman, and find all the white legged ladies he desires.

Incidentally, I've seen a few apartments for 2000RMB/month. Most of these places were really big, and could easily suit sharers. But show a lady an apartment of that size and she'll soon get really interested in you!

I must take some photos of this place. Trouble is I'm a bit of a celebrity here, so it's hard to take photos. You'll just have to believe me that this is a great place to come.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

xiongmao wrote:Hey Winston, it's getting warmer here in Guangzhou! It must have touched 24C today. I saw some white legged Chinese ladies today!!! Maybe there's a government law that all legs must be on show when it hits 25C.

This place is amazing, especially if you're Western looking. However, I guess Winston could pass himself off as successful Taiwanese businessman, and find all the white legged ladies he desires.

Incidentally, I've seen a few apartments for 2000RMB/month. Most of these places were really big, and could easily suit sharers. But show a lady an apartment of that size and she'll soon get really interested in you!

I must take some photos of this place. Trouble is I'm a bit of a celebrity here, so it's hard to take photos. You'll just have to believe me that this is a great place to come.

Xionmao
Celebrity?Wow, whats your age, race and looks?
How easy are Guangzhou women compared to PH?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

eurobrat wrote:
Rock wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote: Oh man you have an excuse for everything! Your telling me that in the last 10 years that your passport is in good standing the second you try to leave to travel all the sudden it expires? Sounds fishy lol.

And you can leave with your American one dumb-dumb you just come back inside with it! I do the same thing with my Italian passport.
Yes! I told you, MURPHY'S LAW rules my life! I WASN'T KIDDING! I TOLD YOU THAT A LONG TIME AGO! I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You want to talk to me on Skype so I can show you the expiration date on it on webcam?!?!?!?!

Yeah it expired right before I was about to buy a plane ticket to leave.

No. I already talked to a travel agency and asked around. You have to use the passport you entered with to leave. That's common sense. I can come back with an American passport, but I can't use it to leave if I didn't come in with it. Come on now. Get real. If I tried to use my US passport to leave, they would ask for the entry stamp and date, because US passports are only allowed to stay in Taiwan for 90 days without an extension.

I'm not going to reveal where I'm going yet, or else dark forces may try to track me down. lol
Winston WTF you can show them the entry stamp on your expired passport. They can't force you to stay inside the country lol!

Man you need to get your shit straight, some Chinese girl will tear you to pieces.
Why not? So u think they would let him out w/out a passport? So wht's the difference if he's carrying an expired one? Heck, when I leave, not only do I have to show my passport, but I also have to show my resident certificate.
He has 2 passports Taiwan can't stop him from leaving if he still has another. Plus he's still a USA citizen, what if he wanted to return to the USA?
Yes they can. I'm not even a Taiwan national yet they could also stop me. For example, if I owed over a certain amount of income tax, they would not let me leave until I settled it.

Also, if I secretly entered Taiwan by boat with a US passport and later tried to leave through the airport, they would scan my passport and see no record of my entry. I would be handed over to the police and rightly investigated, and most probably prosecuted and jailed.

In Winston's case, he would quickly fess-up that he's dual national and used his Taiwan passport to enter. So he would be out of criminal danger. But, the authorities at the airport would tell him that he needs to use his Taiwan passport to leave (as do all Taiwan nationals who did not last enter with another country passport) and since his was expired, he would first need to get it renewed.

Now if he wanted to push the case that he has a right to leave for USA on his US Passport, he could perhaps hire a lawyer and fight it. But remember, he is also a Taiwan subject and might have to compromise first on that front (extreme case would be being forced to renounce if he insisted on leaving Taiwan with his US passport). Assuming all that's possible, such a case would require a lot more delay than just renewing his passport.

The on the ground reality is that if he tried to leave on his US Passport, he would be rejected at passport control. That's the way it works in Taiwan no matter what you believe or say.

I know of people who also claim they are not legally obligated to pay income taxes in the US even tho they are US persons. Perhaps they may be right technically. But practically, if the IRS goes after them, they will always loose. Might is right.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The offices are open again. I already had a travel agent expedite my passport renewal yesterday. It should be ready tomorrow. Then I will be out of here.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Winnie is back in action...true leader, commander in chief Winston Wu

where you off to man?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Are you coming here?

My god, no white legged lady is safe!!!

Actually, it's cold here, so there are not too many legs on display. If a lady shows too much leg, it gets commented on by other Chinese. I realise that today!

I went for a walk at lunchtime and got completely lost. No matter, because I saw some absolutely stunning girls. It's always funny walking round a real dump, and seeing a leggy girl walking down a smashed up sidewalk in her best heels.

Just now I went out to get some food. I walked over the other side of the road and there were some gorgeously exotic women in the beauty parlour. One popped out to get some ciggies. I don't know if they were hookers or what. All I know is they are the most exotic creatures imaginable.

God, I gotta post some photos :)
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:Winnie is back in action...true leader, commander in chief Winston Wu

where you off to man?
Not gonna say yet. I don't want to risk some psycho knowing my whereabouts. But I have a lot of places to go. Will update you all later.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:The offices are open again. I already had a travel agent expedite my passport renewal yesterday. It should be ready tomorrow. Then I will be out of here.
:D :D :D
:!: :!: :!:
:D :D :D

Cheers!!!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Banano wrote:Winnie is back in action...true leader, commander in chief Winston Wu
+1
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Guess what? I just bought a ticket from Manila to Xiamen, China for $25 on Cebu Pacific. No joke! If you book far in advance, you can often get plane tickets around Asia through Cebu Pacific for $20 or $30. I'm not kidding. I forwarded the ticket receipt to Rock and Momopi. They can tell you it's real.

I bought this ticket and selected a random future date, because in order to enter the Philippines, you need an onward ticket. Otherwise they won't let you board the plane. So I just bought the cheapest onward ticket I could find in the direction that I plan to go anyway. Then I can decide later whether to use it or not. Wow $25 plane ticket. Amazing isn't it?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.