Winston, so why are you still in Taiwan??

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

eurobrat wrote:
Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
pete98146 wrote:
Seeker wrote:My guess is he isn't really making as much money as he implied he did. If he had the money I'm sure he'd off in a jiffy.

Alternative explanation is ongoing mental illness.
Mental illness is a bit tough. I think it's a combination of the following:

1. As you stated, he doesn't make as much money as he implied.
2. Paralysis via over analysis. I know plenty of people that fall into this category. They are thinkers but not doers. Winston is a thinker.
3. Lack of self confidence. Winston kicked ass in Russia while in his mid 20s. He's not a young man anymore.
4. Americans are absolutely positively the worst travelers on earth. Let's face it we are spoiled. The thought of living in a non-developed country is out of the question for many Americans. Exotic to Americans = Las Vegas. Winston has already tried to live in Phils and it drove him nuts. Atleast Taiwan is developed.
5. It takes a special type of person to explore and endure a unfamiliar place especially if you are a loner type of guy. I think social isolation is eating Winston up now. Think how bad it would be in another country where he doesn't have the comfort of living in the family home. Atleast he has a safe haven in Taiwan.
6. He's getting laid. If I know Winston, he knows every back alley massage joint in Taiwan. You can take a boy out of Angeles Phils but you can't take the Angeles Phils out of the boy. I'm sure this is where most of his expendible income goes.

For these reasons, me thinkinth Winston's days of pioneering are long gone folks.
Guys we can't let a fellow American man fall like this. If I have to go there and drag him out of his parents house I will. :lol:
Excellent idea. Take someone to shoot a video of it, including mikes for each of you. New infomercial series. Could be cooler than Girls Gone Wild.

"The Reluctant Adventurer" - EPISODE ONE.

Scene 1 -- Eurobrat in back of taxi, grim, determined. Sunglasses. Passing Taiwanese street vendors. Featherless ducks hanging from their legs.

Scene 2 -- Eurobrat knocking on Winston's door. Door opens, eyes meet. Parents smile. Their eyes narrow as they whisper in Chinese.
Subtitles: "Everything is in readiness."
Bowas are exchanged. Parents step aside and gesture for Eurobrat to come inside.

Scene 3 -- Eurobrat surprising Winston in his basement, where he is on a couch, wearing headphones, feet up on a coffee table, reaching into a bowl of snacks or chips, and playing X-Box in his boxer shorts. Winston keeps asking questions as Eurobrat flings his jeans and shirt at him. Winston is putting his jeans on as Euro drags him upstairs.
"Why are you here?"
"What's going on?"
"Why didn't you call first?"
"What's this all about?"
"Why did you mess up my game! - I was about to set a record!"

Scene 4 -- Euro is blowing right past the parents, still dragging Winston, Winston is still wearing headphones, Ipod dangling, trying to put on shirt, parents waving and shouting farewell in Chinese, Euro picks up a suitcase standing ready by the door. Cab is waiting outside. Winston still asking questions, in English, and parents are answering in Chinese.
Subtitles.
"Too long in basement!"
"No stay here!"
"No more massage with cheap-cheap girl!"
"Time you meet some nice girls!"
"Time for you to go!"
"We want you have the good life!"
"Besides we want to remodel the basement!"
"Have a nice trip!"

Scene 5 -- Airplane interior
Euro and Winston are seated side-by-side. Euro is still wearing glasses. Stewardess serves drinks and peanuts. Winston is still asking questions, as he angrily opens and eats peanuts.
"What makes you think I want to go to China?"
"Why would my parents allow you to surprise me like that?"
"It seems I can't really trust you!"
"Why did you forget my X-Box"?

Roll Opening Credits - Theme Song Plays
Best shit I have read here in a long time :lol:

+1 ! You have talent Jester! Practically fell off my chair laughing with that one!
Especially this section:

Scene 4 -- Euro is blowing right past the parents, still dragging Winston, Winston is still wearing headphones, Ipod dangling, trying to put on shirt, parents waving and shouting farewell in Chinese, Euro picks up a suitcase standing ready by the door. Cab is waiting outside. Winston still asking questions, in English, and parents are answering in Chinese.
Subtitles.
"Too long in basement!"
"No stay here!"
"Time for you to go!"
"Have a nice trip!"

Where can we manage to produce this? LOL
This is hilarious!

Outwest
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Real entertaining stuff Jester. Haha. You're true to your name indeed

Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
pete98146 wrote:
Seeker wrote:My guess is he isn't really making as much money as he implied he did. If he had the money I'm sure he'd off in a jiffy.

Alternative explanation is ongoing mental illness.
Mental illness is a bit tough. I think it's a combination of the following:

1. As you stated, he doesn't make as much money as he implied.
2. Paralysis via over analysis. I know plenty of people that fall into this category. They are thinkers but not doers. Winston is a thinker.
3. Lack of self confidence. Winston kicked ass in Russia while in his mid 20s. He's not a young man anymore.
4. Americans are absolutely positively the worst travelers on earth. Let's face it we are spoiled. The thought of living in a non-developed country is out of the question for many Americans. Exotic to Americans = Las Vegas. Winston has already tried to live in Phils and it drove him nuts. Atleast Taiwan is developed.
5. It takes a special type of person to explore and endure a unfamiliar place especially if you are a loner type of guy. I think social isolation is eating Winston up now. Think how bad it would be in another country where he doesn't have the comfort of living in the family home. Atleast he has a safe haven in Taiwan.
6. He's getting laid. If I know Winston, he knows every back alley massage joint in Taiwan. You can take a boy out of Angeles Phils but you can't take the Angeles Phils out of the boy. I'm sure this is where most of his expendible income goes.

For these reasons, me thinkinth Winston's days of pioneering are long gone folks.
Guys we can't let a fellow American man fall like this. If I have to go there and drag him out of his parents house I will. :lol:
Excellent idea. Take someone to shoot a video of it, including mikes for each of you. New infomercial series. Could be cooler than Girls Gone Wild.

"The Reluctant Adventurer" - EPISODE ONE.

Scene 1 -- Eurobrat in back of taxi, grim, determined. Sunglasses. Passing Taiwanese street vendors. Featherless ducks hanging from their legs.

Scene 2 -- Eurobrat knocking on Winston's door. Door opens, eyes meet. Parents smile. Their eyes narrow as they whisper in Chinese.
Subtitles: "Everything is in readiness."
Bowas are exchanged. Parents step aside and gesture for Eurobrat to come inside.

Scene 3 -- Eurobrat surprising Winston in his basement, where he is on a couch, wearing headphones, feet up on a coffee table, reaching into a bowl of snacks or chips, and playing X-Box in his boxer shorts. Winston keeps asking questions as Eurobrat flings his jeans and shirt at him. Winston is putting his jeans on as Euro drags him upstairs.
"Why are you here?"
"What's going on?"
"Why didn't you call first?"
"What's this all about?"
"Why did you mess up my game! - I was about to set a record!"

Subtitles.
"Too long in basement!"
"No stay here!"
"Time for you to go!"
"Have a nice trip!"

Scene 5 -- Airplane interior
Euro and Winston are seated side-by-side. Euro is still wearing glasses. Stewardess serves drinks and peanuts. Winston is still asking questions, as he angrily opens and eats peanuts.
"What makes you think I want to go to China?"
"Why would my parents allow you to surprise me like that?"
"It seems I can't really trust you!"
"Why did you forget my X-Box"?

Roll Opening Credits - Theme Song Plays
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Winston, why do you remain so conspicuously silent? Surely you must have seen this thread.

We all wanna see you HAPPIER ABROAD.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 4:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Euro, Out, Ethan - thank you guys very much, glad you enjoyed it.

Hope to see it produced!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

If I get off my fat ass and go live in China then I'll invite Winston over.

And why aren't I in China? Well I have a damned good job and I'm building a heck of a war chest that will let me be Happier Abroad for several years. And having met a load of Chinese ladies, I know that China is a tough old place. The crowds. The mosquitos. The horrible car crashes. The muggings. The sudden deaths due to dodgy wiring. The hap-hazard healthcare system. The lack of doors on public toilets. I've seen and heard a lot.

Oh well, my dating site is pretty much complete for now, so I will now turn my attention to going abroad...
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I think Winston needs to rediscover that fire deep down inside himself and get in shape!
Few things would change his life and image more!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl7QnmuW ... re=related[/youtube]
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jackal wrote:I think Winston needs to rediscover that fire deep down inside himself and get in shape!
Few things would change his life and image more!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl7QnmuW ... re=related[/youtube]
Sorry your video has been disabled, oh well.

Indeed.

Perhaps the Phils represent defeat for Winston. Most of us have had them.

To "The W":
You led the way once. Now - change the name of the site to "Happy Again". And lead the way again.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I think someone already answered it . I think Winston is probably still in Taiwan for some of it is income reason and some of it is that maybe the Philippines burnt him out. At the same time he has a son I believe and I think he still has some relation with his ex-wife. (Not sure if he got married or not.) Plus I think Winston is 37 or 38 by now. So his not the young free adventurous man that he used to be.

I think he still wants to see other countries and find what he wants to find but I think currently he is bog down.
patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

i asked him this question not to long ago

patrick wrote:

Hey Winston,

I read somewhere in the forum you'd like to be a perpetual traveller. Do you stil want to be, and if so, when? Or are you settling yourself in Taiwan?

No way would I live in Taiwan long-term. I don't get attention from girls here, and don't find them approachable at all. I find them to be too conservative and closed for my taste. I would say it is even easier to approach girls in the USA than in Taiwan. Seriously. Not kidding about that. Also, the environment lacks social energy and feels stagnant, similar to Seattle, WA. I am not intentionally staying here. I am just lazy to do all the work I have to do to travel. Plus I have bad time management skills and procrastination issues. Some routines are too comfortable to change them, even if you hate them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is a good question, but I think I've already explained this many times. Didn't you read in the other threads?

The reason I didn't answer this thread is because I'm TRYING to curb my forum addiction and TRYING to be involved in LESS threads, not more. There's no other way to stop an addiction than to avoid unnecessary topics.

It's not because I don't have the money. I have nearly 20k USD saved up now. So why can't I just leave? Well because...

On the surface, it's because:

- too much time arguing on forums in stupid debates, forum is a major time cruncher and addiction
- too much time watching movies, too many movies to keep up with
- laziness and procrastination, without pressure, it's hard to be motivated to do anything
- too easily distracted, spaced out all the time, losing track of time
- can't think or function here cause of the repressed energy which drains me and suppresses me
- comfort zone, too comfortable, have house and car and food and conveniences and TV
- undisciplined, have a hard time finishing projects that I started a year ago
- bad in time management skills
- bad at organizing practical things, losing track of time easily (remember my mind is attuned to deep things, not practical things, so I'm forgetful and not good at organizing practical things)
- perfectionist, have to do things in a certain order, unable to do things because my own mind stops me
- fear, bad parts of my subconscious are working against me and looking for excuses to thwart me
- negative subconscious mind that likes to sabotage my conscious mind's wishes

But on a deeper sense, I've begun to think that the last one is the real root cause. You see, I can't just do whatever my conscious mind wants. Part of my mind is very negative and tries to self sabotage whatever I want to do. So if I want to do this, and my negative other mind wants to go the other way, the result is INERTIA and wasted time.

Do you know what I mean? Have any of you experienced this? It's the worst thing to have your own mind against you. How can you win if your own mind is against you?

Is this what Dianetics called the "reactive mind"? In each of us, there is a subconscious negative fearful mind that makes excuses to stop our plans and make us fail and become lazy. If it takes over, then you are constantly in a state of inertia. It's like your own mind is your enemy trying to self-sabotage you. Maybe it's some form of possession by non-physical entities? Who knows.

It especially takes over if there is nothing pressuring you to do anything. Maybe that's the price of freedom? If there's no pressure, you become lazy and unmotivated.

So you see, I can't just do whatever my conscious mind wants. My unconscious mind keeps making excuses to go against my conscious wishes. Do you know what I mean? It's hard to explain. We each have a part of us inside that works as our enemy. So it's not like I have total freedom over what I do. Part of my own mind is against a lot of my conscious wishes for some reason.

Several psychics long ago have said that there were "dead souls" inhabiting me. They should have been purged, but maybe they are back?

No I haven't been to any massage parlors or brothels since Rock took me to one long ago during Spring. I have tried to, but my mind tries to make excuses not to. Maybe the fear and nervousness that dominates people in Taiwan has rubbed off on me? If so, then Taiwan is very toxic to me and turns me into something that I don't want to be.

Maybe there is some negative energy in Taiwan that tries to bring out the worst in me? Perhaps the "energetic mind parasites" in Taiwan see that I'm different than others, being a unique nonconformist here, and so they've ganged up to try to bring me down, since I'm bigger prey to them than the typical conformist here? You can never know.

If any of you doubts that I'm making as much money as I say, I'll post some screen shots from my PayPal transaction list and bank account transaction list. (when have I ever bragged or BSed about money before, you guys should know me better than that, come on now...)
Last edited by Winston on July 22nd, 2012, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:I just got off the phone with a friend in Taipei who's a member on this forum challenging Winston to come to Taipei.
Who? You mean Rock or Monkro?

I've already wasted a ton of time here, why should I waste more going to Taipei, which will cost money and energy and make me feel like shit when I see the f***ing cold repressed looks on women everywhere? How can any guy in hell be comfortable meeting girls here or approaching them, when over 99 percent of guys in general don't even have the f***ing guts to cold approach a girl? It's all internet fantasy, not reality. Think about that. It doesn't make any fricking sense.

The cold wall around women is VERY REAL, NOT a fantasy like Rock BSed and deceived you about. Even Momopi acknowledges it. If women have a cold wall and are NOT comfortable talking to strangers, similar to the US but worse in some ways, then how the hell can every guy in Taiwan approach girls in Taiwan except me, when over 99 percent of guys (Western and Asian) don't have the guts to cold approach girls at all?!

Isn't that the most moronic claim ever? If so, why did Rock make it? It doesn't make any f***ing sense!

Tell your friend this:

Come down to Chiayi (people say southern Taiwan is friendlier). I will take him to the big night market here where there are 100+ hot girls. If he can cold approach them and get numbers and dates and get them to be open and flirtative, like you can with girls in Russia/Eastern Europe, then I will give him 5,000 NT and pay for his trip home on the HSR. In addition, I will provide food, accommodation and transportation. He has nothing to lose except some time. If his claims that Taiwan girls are open and approachable are true, he should have no problem meeting this challenge.

But in reality, he can't, because he KNOWS deep down that it's INAPPROPRIATE to cold approach Taiwan girls and VERY UNCOMFORTABLE as well. Everyone here knows it, even Rock does. But people are full of f***ing shit. WTF is wrong with them?! Why am I the only one that's honest?

Think about it. If women are NOT comfortable with you approaching them, and not open with male strangers, how would YOU as a guy feel approaching them? Would you feel comfortable? Of course not. Even if you are tall and handsome, it's still not appropriate. So what the f**k is with all this f***ing BS? f**k man!

Tell him to come and prove it. If he can't approach girls in a place where there are 100+ hot girls, then he's full of shit. No if's and's or but's.

Talk is cheap. If a guy can't perform, then he's full of shit.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I just got off the phone with a friend in Taipei who's a member on this forum challenging Winston to come to Taipei.
Who? You mean Rock or Monkro?

I've already wasted a ton of time here, why should I waste more going to Taipei, which will cost money and energy and make me feel like shit when I see the f***ing cold repressed looks on women everywhere? How can any guy in hell be comfortable meeting girls here or approaching them, when over 99 percent of guys in general don't even have the f***ing guts to cold approach a girl? It's all internet fantasy, not reality. Think about that. It doesn't make any fricking sense.
Winston, why are you selling internet Fantasy at Happier Abroad? You have all these dating sights of friendly girls from Russia and Asia! Why you selling fantasy? I thought you were a truth seeker!
Winston wrote: The cold wall around women is VERY REAL, NOT a fantasy like Rock BSed and deceived you about. Even Momopi acknowledges it. If women have a cold wall and are NOT comfortable talking to strangers, similar to the US but worse in some ways, then how the hell can every guy in Taiwan approach girls in Taiwan except me, when over 99 percent of guys (Western and Asian) don't have the guts to cold approach girls at all?!

Isn't that the most moronic claim ever? If so, why did Rock make it? It doesn't make any f***ing sense!

Tell your friend this:

Come down to Chiayi (people say southern Taiwan is friendlier). I will take him to the big night market here where there are 100+ hot girls. If he can cold approach them and get numbers and dates and get them to be open and flirtative, like you can with girls in Russia/Eastern Europe, then I will give him 5,000 NT and pay for his trip home on the HSR. In addition, I will provide food, accommodation and transportation. He has nothing to lose except some time. If his claims that Taiwan girls are open and approachable are true, he should have no problem meeting this challenge.

But in reality, he can't, because he KNOWS deep down that it's INAPPROPRIATE to cold approach Taiwan girls and VERY UNCOMFORTABLE as well. Everyone here knows it, even Rock does. But people are full of f***ing shit. WTF is wrong with them?! Why am I the only one that's honest?

Think about it. If women are NOT comfortable with you approaching them, and not open with male strangers, how would YOU as a guy feel approaching them? Would you feel comfortable? Of course not. Even if you are tall and handsome, it's still not appropriate. So what the f**k is with all this f***ing BS? f**k man!

Tell him to come and prove it. If he can't approach girls in a place where there are 100+ hot girls, then he's full of shit. No if's and's or but's.

Talk is cheap. If a guy can't perform, then he's full of shit.
Now you're becoming a capitalist you want to show everyone how much money you have! I'll take your challenge, just pay my flight over to Taiwan and I'll approach all 100+ girls at the market! I have no problems and will do it. I'll get some numbers. I just can't promise they'll go out with me! But I'll get some numbers though! When should I come?