Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What's the first big difference you notice going abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What's the first big difference you notice going abroad?

Postby manly5000 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:59 am

Hey gang,

I was thinking... I walk around, many different places, every day, here in America. Women pay absolutely no attention to me. I might as well be a 5-year old kid walking with his mommy.

Here, in America, I feel like a complete nobody. Even though I have a great job, outgoing personality, and somewhat "rebellious" looks. It's as if I don't even exist with these women.

So I'm wondering, once you finally step off that plane, be it in the Philippines, or South America, or whatever... what's the first big change you actually see first hand with regards to those women?

Do you immediately start getting all sorts of attention you're not used to? Do many of them by and large start making eye contact with you and try to flirt with you? Do some of them just up and approach you?

As someone who has always been like Kryptonite to American women, and who still has yet to go abroad, I'm wondering what the first big change you notice is, with regards to women in the country you go abroad to.

It really is amazing just how low this society drags you... just how shitty and horrible it makes you feel about yourself. It almost seems like an impossible dream to imagine places you can go where it's almost like flipping a switch -- all of the sudden, the women are totally into you. Is that really how it goes, and what have you that have gone abroad REALLY noticed after stepping off the plane? No bullshit, just real talk up in this thread.

Gracias amigos.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Postby samurai_panda » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:55 am

It really is amazing just how low this society drags you... just how shitty and horrible it makes you feel about yourself. It almost seems like an impossible dream to imagine places you can go where it's almost like flipping a switch -- all of the sudden, the women are totally into you. Is that really how it goes, and what have you that have gone abroad REALLY noticed after stepping off the plane? No bullshit, just real talk up in this thread.

Cabron,
What do AW have to offer? They are fat, mean, and poorly dressed. The self-entitlement alone is disgusting.

Countries I recommend are: Colombia, Venezuela, Brasil, Cuba, and Lebanon.

The women are incredible gorgeous and super friendly. They act like women and embrace their feminity plus they know how to please their man.

Just be the best you possible and be outgoing/friendly. You'll do fine.
samurai_panda
Freshman Poster

Postby manly5000 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am

samurai_panda wrote:
Cabron,
What do AW have to offer? They are fat, mean, and poorly dressed. The self-entitlement alone is disgusting.

Countries I recommend are: Colombia, Venezuela, Brasil, Cuba, and Lebanon.

The women are incredible gorgeous and super friendly. They act like women and embrace their feminity plus they know how to please their man.

Just be the best you possible and be outgoing/friendly. You'll do fine.

Cabron? No me contesta pero me tu llamo' un cabron... por que? Quieres tratar otra ves por favor? Que ocurio con las chicas cuando llega en un pais diferente y sale el aeropuerto?
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:08 pm

I wouldn't say I was mobbed in the street in China. Chinese women are fairly shy, and it's better to approach them first, especially through a 3rd party. I chatted to a couple of pretty secretaries in Guangzhou, it was easy to talk to them because I was visiting their place of work. Hmm, that could have gone places.

I did get a lot of staring at me though, there was some in Gz (especially when I went to some of the poorer parts) and a lot in Hubei Province. My god I was a celebrity everywhere I went in Hubei - if you ever went to live there you'd have thousands of girls interested in you. Maybe millions - I went to a small city of 4 million people yet you'll all have never even heard of it.

I don't know how successful I would have been chatting to women there, my lady at the time kept me on a very short leash lol. There were very few English speakers there.

First thing in noticed in Japan was the smell. The whole place smells of cooking. Maybe it's not really cooking, just the Pacific Ocean as opposed to the Atlantic, but it's one of my fondest memories of Japan.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Manly,
the first thing you notice when you land in another country for the first time is that 99.9% of the people are "foreigners"...I even noticed this to New Zealand in 86 which was my first trip. People are NOT the same but they have MANY similarities. The MOST important lesson you can learn is to be sensitive to the differences...you are a guest in their land....act like one.

I have been blessed with making MANY friends all around the world in my travels.

As far as women go....I was married most of my travelling days so I was not looking. Because I worked for IBM, was young, handsome, had prospects and was Australian women threw themselves at me in Asia.....many were paid to do so by hotels I was staying in.....many were working girls trying to make some money, and a few were trying to get me to dump my wife to marry them...... NONE of them had the slightest interest in me as a person and you should know that.

By the way..I never had sex with any of these women and that was rejected as a "lie" in divorce so I no longer support or promote monogamy by men because it is not appreciated by women.

Now that I am MUCH older...48....women are a real take it or leave it item for me. I do like my fav#1.....I can say that....but I do not chase women...there is no point. It is too much like hard work. I would rather be working on a book or software or teaching young men the facts of life.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby FlyingMoose » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:21 pm

The first things you notice are the heat and humidity, the stink, and the horrible poverty. (I don't know about China, I've been to the Dominican Republic and the Philippines).

It's not like you're stepping out into a different version of America where the women are nice. Once you see what it's like, and how much better off you are than the locals, you'll understand why they're nice.

It's like asking a rockstar how they're treated by women in America; certainly better than us average schlubs...
FlyingMoose
Freshman Poster

Postby sushiman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am

The biggest thing I noticed...

People smile, and it's real.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:40 pm

sushiman wrote:The biggest thing I noticed...

People smile, and it's real.

True, but that is not the case in all countries: Russians are notorious for having sullen faces and for not smiling, yet, the Russian people are hell of lot more genuine than any fake American. I hate the fake smiling, nice talking American, who in reality, and behind your back, will talk crap about you and spread nasty rumors in order to get ahead.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby pete98146 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Agree that you notice poverty right away. But despite the squalor, most people have smiles on their faces and they seem happier than your average American. That said, it's YOU that must adopt to THEIR society and not the other way around. If you are a selfish, stuck in your ways type of guy chances are you'll never be comfortable abroad. I'd even venture to say 60% of American men will never be happy living overseas.

Sure women are a dime a dozen overseas but once you land one, then what? Dating foreign women and living abroad are two very different and distinct topics.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby TRADER1972 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:40 am

In the Philippines, I noticed immediately the pollution,poverty and dense population in Manila.

Other than that, mainly I noticed pretty girls everywhere, smiling faces all over, and almost no fat pigs, certainly not like American pigs.
I would rather make $2000 a month working for myself, then $4000 a month working for a bitch.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Postby davewe » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:29 pm

pete98146 wrote:Agree that you notice poverty right away. But despite the squalor, most people have smiles on their faces and they seem happier than your average American. That said, it's YOU that must adopt to THEIR society and not the other way around. If you are a selfish, stuck in your ways type of guy chances are you'll never be comfortable abroad. I'd even venture to say 60% of American men will never be happy living overseas.

Sure women are a dime a dozen overseas but once you land one, then what? Dating foreign women and living abroad are two very different and distinct topics.

I agree that the first thing I have noticed in various 3rd world countries is that people are happier than we are here, despite their having so little. After a while I get used to it until I return to the US and am immediately confronted with how unhappy and complaining we are here.

I think I am one of the 40% who can and wants to live abroad!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby green1976 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:11 am

What i noticed going to Thailand is to be able to catch a girlfriend quit easily or to have a more relaxed vibe with ladies out there.

That doesn't imply to be jumped on by women everywhere,but for sure i come from been mister nobody(as almost any males in US type countries)to somebody who has some weapons and who could score fairly well.
Thailand is big, having different environment be it in the countryside,in BKK or in the South.

From this constatation,even a place quit overcrowded and very cosmopolite like BKK,i have a better chance to find a nice girl than let say NY,Paris or London.

FYI i have been abroad around the world(Central America,some countries in Europa)and nowhere i came near to the attractive status i could get in Thailand.

This is just my experience,maybe some other guy would be more sucessful let's say in Latin America.

Thailand has just a positive mood for a young,not ugly not pretty,not poor not rich type of men,who is nobody at home and who can rapidly feel to be validated in the so called Land of Smiles.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am

There's one thing that I really like about being abroad which I can't stand around here.

In the US, any time a woman or a crew of women show up at a guy's gathering, or even a dinner function, the scene goes from being cool, laid back, etc, to that of competition, envy, etc.

Abroad, women tend to add to the social fabric. They don't engage in divisive actions right from the get-go. With that said, don't get me wrong, there are Barracudas all over the globe. The *Devil women* aren't a made in America phenomena, however, in America, they seem to comprise almost the entire league of women voters. Also abroad, Barracudas wait it out, before they decide to bust a party up because all and all, they know that in time, they wouldn't be invited if all they did was cause havoc among participants.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Jackal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:30 am

I can't remember what the first thing I noticed in Hungary was. You see, I already felt European before coming here, so in Hungary, I just feel NORMAL! As opposed to always feeling out-of-place in the US.

Another thing I notice is that both men and women dress much better here and have a much better sense of style than Americans do.

A sloppily-dressed, middle-aged, American man with a beer belly who just got off the plane here would only get stares of amusement.

I also notice that women actually have some respect for men here. They are not always seeking to drive in yet one more insult like the feminazis in the US love to do.

Also, people don't line up for things here; they just form a random cluster in front of important areas. And the amount of personal space that people give you is reduced here (although not as dramatically as it is in say China) and people will think nothing of walking in front of you very closely without saying "excuse me." I think that Hungary is sort of like a mix of an Eastern European country and a Southern European country. Hungarians love the sunshine and hate when it rains even a little bit.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby gsjackson » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:52 am

I wouldn't expect to be any less invisible in Europe. The women there send out fewer indications of interest even than those in the U.S. But if you strike up a conversation they won't make you feel like a criminal.

The thing I notice first when abroad is the public life and pedestrian culture -- all sorts of people out and about in public spaces. I'm becoming more and more sensitive to the big downside of this culture, however -- you can't go ten yards without someone asking you for money. Beggars, chuggers, merchants, one after another. It becomes very tiresome. You can either give them all your money, or feel like a shit for brushing them off, when many of them might well be needy. Not a good choice.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions