Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What's the first big difference you notice going abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Jackal » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:59 pm

gsjackson wrote:I wouldn't expect to be any less invisible in Europe. The women there send out fewer indications of interest even than those in the U.S. But if you strike up a conversation they won't make you feel like a criminal.

Hmm, I think you're generally right, but I wouldn't say women in Europe show "less interest" in general. I find that European women do this sort of "secret smile and eye flash" combo thing if they like you. I didn't ever see this sort of thing back in the states.

gsjackson wrote:I'm becoming more and more sensitive to the big downside of this culture, however -- you can't go ten yards without someone asking you for money. Beggars, chuggers, merchants, one after another. It becomes very tiresome. You can either give them all your money, or feel like a shit for brushing them off, when many of them might well be needy. Not a good choice.

It depends on how much you blend in with the locals. If people can tell that you're a foreigner just by looking at you, then you will have more of these problems. I look almost like a local where I live, so I don't have much of these problems.

It all comes back to the advantages/disadvantages of blending in vs. standing out. It depends on you which one of these approaches you are most comfortable with and what your appearance is like.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby polya » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:49 am

Last edited by polya on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Postby gsjackson » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:46 am

Jackal wrote:
gsjackson wrote:I wouldn't expect to be any less invisible in Europe. The women there send out fewer indications of interest even than those in the U.S. But if you strike up a conversation they won't make you feel like a criminal.

Hmm, I think you're generally right, but I wouldn't say women in Europe show "less interest" in general. I find that European women do this sort of "secret smile and eye flash" combo thing if they like you. I didn't ever see this sort of thing back in the states.

gsjackson wrote:I'm becoming more and more sensitive to the big downside of this culture, however -- you can't go ten yards without someone asking you for money. Beggars, chuggers, merchants, one after another. It becomes very tiresome. You can either give them all your money, or feel like a shit for brushing them off, when many of them might well be needy. Not a good choice.

It depends on how much you blend in with the locals. If people can tell that you're a foreigner just by looking at you, then you will have more of these problems. I look almost like a local where I live, so I don't have much of these problems.

It all comes back to the advantages/disadvantages of blending in vs. standing out. It depends on you which one of these approaches you are most comfortable with and what your appearance is like.

I'm talking also about the ones who don't say anything to you, or maybe just a ritual "spare some change mate" as you go by. They're there one after another, looking pathetic. Sometimes lying prostrate, with face to the ground and hands extended in prayerful supplication. Or they will have a mangy dog as a prop. I don't mean to belittle such people, and ones who are needy I'd be happy to give them my change. I'm just saying that it's become one of the first things I notice now about Europe, or at least the part where tourists are likely to show up, and it's a pain in the ass.

I never got the "secret smile and eye flash combo." I'm kind of at a loss, having spent nine months out of the past three years in Europe without being able to make anything at all happen. Just resigned now to being in the States, forgetting about women but trying to appreciate the conveniences and lower cost of living here.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby green1976 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:23 pm

gsjackson wrote:
Jackal wrote:

I'm talking also about the ones who don't say anything to you, or maybe just a ritual "spare some change mate" as you go by. They're there one after another, looking pathetic. Sometimes lying prostrate, with face to the ground and hands extended in prayerful supplication. Or they will have a mangy dog as a prop. I don't mean to belittle such people, and ones who are needy I'd be happy to give them my change. I'm just saying that it's become one of the first things I notice now about Europe, or at least the part where tourists are likely to show up, and it's a pain in the ass.

I never got the "secret smile and eye flash combo." I'm kind of at a loss, having spent nine months out of the past three years in Europe without being able to make anything at all happen. Just resigned now to being in the States, forgetting about women but trying to appreciate the conveniences and lower cost of living here.

Europe in overatted in general by those who thinks it will be a change from the US.
Feminism is not implemented in the same way but no man can expect to walk randomly on the street and have spontaneous smile by some random chick.
They don't give a f**k of men.

You are really deluded guys who reckon that just by coming to Europe it will be a significant change from the US.

I smile at these naive topics and cannot avoid to think that the trip to Europe has a huge chance to end up with a big deception.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Postby WuFan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:40 pm

green1976 wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Jackal wrote:

Europe in overatted in general by those who thinks it will be a change from the US.
Feminism is not implemented in the same way but no man can expect to walk randomly on the street and have spontaneous smile by some random chick.
They don't give a f**k of men.

You are really deluded guys who reckon that just by coming to Europe it will be a significant change from the US.

I smile at these naive topics and cannot avoid to think that the trip to Europe has a huge chance to end up with a big deception.

I´m European and have lived both in Europe and the US.

There is absolutely 0 difference when it comes to the behavior of women in the US vs. Europe.

I can´t imagine the women being different in Asia or Eastern Europe either. Maybe in Asia they are nicer because they like white guys because they are on average taller and have bigger dicks than Asian men and in Eastern Europe because they live in shitholes and look for a rich, submissive beta male provider, but don´t get any ideas that women somehow care less about looks in other parts of the world.

Only looks can get a girl sexually attracted to you aka fall in love with you.

Winston is proof for this. If Eastern European women were really different and didn´t care about looks he´d be happily married by now to a victoria secret model looking Russian girl.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:02 pm

WuFan wrote:I´m European and have lived both in Europe and the US.

There is absolutely 0 difference when it comes to the behavior of women in the US vs. Europe.

Winston is proof for this. If Eastern European women were really different and didn´t care about looks he´d be happily married by now to a victoria secret model looking Russian girl.

Who said Winston didn't get any hot chicks in eastern Europe or Russia! This is just a photoshop picture but Winston did get some hot chicks when he was in Ukraine and Russia.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby WuFan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:11 pm

jamesbond wrote:
WuFan wrote:I´m European and have lived both in Europe and the US.

Who said Winston didn't get any hot chicks in eastern Europe or Russia! This is just a photoshop picture but Winston did get some hot chicks when he was in Ukraine and Russia.

The only pics I´ve seen of Winston together with mildly attractive women was of him being in photos with prostitutes or strippers.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions