Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Any Italians here?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Any Italians here?

Postby publicduende » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 am

Just struck me I have never asked the question: is there any Italian forum member here? Maybe an Italian living abroad, or planning to do so, for romance, work or else?
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby polya » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 am

There certainly are - just search for "Italian" and see who you find.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Postby eurobrat » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:50 pm

I have dual citizenship. I plan on being in Italy for most of January.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:27 pm

eurobrat wrote:I have dual citizenship. I plan on being in Italy for most of January.

Oh cool, I do remember about your Italian plans, didn't know you are of Italian descents. Ma parli un po' Italiano? :)
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:27 pm

polya wrote:There certainly are - just search for "Italian" and see who you find.

I did do a Google search on the forum before, but couldn't find any direct reference to an Italian member, hence the post. Thanks anyway.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Thu May 23, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 pm

eurobrat wrote:
publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I have dual citizenship. I plan on being in Italy for most of January.

Oh cool, I do remember about your Italian plans, didn't know you are of Italian descents. Ma parli un po' Italiano? :)

No I don't speak any Italian. But you don't really need to as most of the younger generation speaks English.

True. In fact you will find Italian youngsters an Italy town will jump at the opportunity to converse in whatever English they know. Unlike, say, the Japanese, Italian's spoken English is generally poor, but that surely won't put us off. Where in Italy are you going? Hopefully somewhere down south. Winter can be quite cold in most areas in Italy.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 pm

eurobrat wrote:I'm going to spend Christmas in Firenze and then migrate down south. The problem with the south is they generally close up shop for the holidays.

I can't wait to talk to some good looking Italian girls though. Most are sweethearts. Girls in the south are generally prettier and have bigger breasts.

Not necessarily, touristy places like Naples usually have shops open till late (8 PM and sometimes later). Bars, pubs, restaurants and other assorted food traders will be open till midnight anyway, which gives places a lively atmosphere.

Have you made contact with a couple of such girls?
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Thu May 23, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 pm

eurobrat wrote:
publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I'm going to spend Christmas in Firenze and then migrate down south. The problem with the south is they generally close up shop for the holidays.

I can't wait to talk to some good looking Italian girls though. Most are sweethearts. Girls in the south are generally prettier and have bigger breasts.

Not necessarily, touristy places like Naples usually have shops open till late (8 PM and sometimes later). Bars, pubs, restaurants and other assorted food traders will be open till midnight anyway, which gives places a lively atmosphere.

Have you made contact with a couple of such girls?

Not recently, I have an ex-girlfriend in Turino. But I don't think I will be seeing her this trip :lol:

I honestly have no problems meeting girls at pubs/cappuccino bars or random places. During the holidays they will obviously be busy with their families but after that it shall be easy.

Generally I have heard guys having a hard time in Italy because it's hard to compete with Italian guys? Italian guys are easy to compete with in my opinion.

I don't think girls are busy with their families during the holidays, unless of course they're tourists and sightseeing with their Mamas and Papas at short distance :) Make sure you hang around places where you have the most chance to meet groups of locals, places like Piazza della Signoria and the Oltrarno (south of the river) area are the hotspots. It's full of venues there, I still remember a couple from my past visits (one of my cousins used to live there), Kitsch and Cafe Slowly are the only names I remember, but I'm sure there are many more.

I don't think there's a lot of "competition" with Italian guys. We Italians are big xenophiles and whoever sports a different look and language will immediately draw attention. The good kind of attention. You might start talking to a random guy thinking that's all there is for the night, until he will suddenly ask you to join his "comitiva" (= group) over at a venue or street corner. A comitiva is always a mix of established couples and a few single guys and gals. We're usually pretty relaxed about that, unles you happen to woo one a girl who has already been targeted by another guy in the group. You might think this sounds a lot like teenage cliques, truth is most Italians always maintain a small group of friends they know they can trust and have comraderie with. This goes on well into our late 20s. By they way try as hard as you can to make your way into a group of university students. Florence University is right in the centre, not a far away campus like in the US, and these young students have the life of Riley partying at friend's place. I think that's your best chance to get to know interesting and open-minded people.

How old are you btw?
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:36 am

eurobrat wrote:I'm 26 going on 27 soon.

Yeah, good enough age to mingle with uni students.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:45 am

Como estai? It smells like merda in here, paisano. Where my fratellos at? LMAO I'm Just being a dick on intent!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:06 am

E_Irizarry wrote:Como estai? It smells like merda in here, paisano. Where my fratellos at? LMAO I'm Just being a dick on intent!

Either that, or you're being spot on on our current economic situation. We're in deep doo-doo, paisa' :)
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions