Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Drum roll... My new site Global Dating Solution is now live!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Repatriate » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:14 pm

mguy wrote:Put more pictures of author up, then add more of personal life stories.

Winston gets lots of credibility right off the bat for posting pictures of himself, and his adventures, and a personal story. I don't see globaldatingsolution offering that level of content.

The approachability gallery is quite novel, but ultimately steve just took a bunch of girls picture profiles and posted it there. Winston has real life girls on his.

I completely agree. One of the major reasons why happier abroad has such staying power is due to the comedic stylings of one Mr. Winston Wu. People are intrigued, bemused, and some maybe even inspired by Winston's travels. I've always said Wu could be one of the most polarizing but popular characters on the internet if he wasn't so lazy about it. There are a lot of forums who know who he is but since he's stopped producing content he's kind of fallen off a bit.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm







Postby mguy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Repatriate wrote:
mguy wrote:Put more pictures of author up, then add more of personal life stories.

Winston gets lots of credibility right off the bat for posting pictures of himself, and his adventures, and a personal story. I don't see globaldatingsolution offering that level of content.

The approachability gallery is quite novel, but ultimately steve just took a bunch of girls picture profiles and posted it there. Winston has real life girls on his.

I completely agree. One of the major reasons why happier abroad has such staying power is due to the comedic stylings of one Mr. Winston Wu. People are intrigued, bemused, and some maybe even inspired by Winston's travels. I've always said Wu could be one of the most polarizing but popular characters on the internet if he wasn't so lazy about it. There are a lot of forums who know who he is but since he's stopped producing content he's kind of fallen off a bit.


He hasn't stopped producing content, he is just producing it in his scam-buster niche paranormal stuff. I think in the future, his new niche will garner lots of attention moreso than happierabroad ever will. Maybe Steve is being groomed by Winston to take care of all this dating BS while he dedicates himself to a higher cause (or at least debates using higher intellect).

I think it is not the "concept" of global dating itself that is marketable, it is the man behind the concept as repatriates alludes to, which in Winstons case is quite comedic but interesting and thus consumable. If Steve wants to get into the niche, then he should spend less time in developing "concepts" and more time developing a unique personality ie identity capital that will pervade internet consciousness.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby Repatriate » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 pm

mguy wrote:I think it is not the "concept" of global dating itself that is marketable, it is the man behind the concept as repatriates alludes to, which in Winstons case is quite comedic but interesting and thus consumable. If Steve wants to get into the niche, then he should spend less time in developing "concepts" and more time developing a unique personality ie identity capital that will pervade internet consciousness.

My general impression is that all these "Steves" that Winston hangs around are all trying to ride his coattails and rip off his business model. I don't even know which Steve this is that is creating the website. Is it the one who claimed to have slept with a lot of Thai 7-8s without getting into details?

If so I won't be reading or visiting any forums created by that guy. The other guys are just generic white dudes copying Winston. I'm afraid this niche of the internet has already been established by guys like Winston and probably Rooshv. There's not really any room for more unless they can produce some real unique content.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby xiongmao » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:52 am

Winston has a thick skin to be able to use his real identity with all the stuff he writes. I've been on the receiving end of personal attacks related to my stuff in the global dating niche and it's hard to take at times.

Trolling I can take, but when shit gets personal it's hard to take.

Don't know why anyone would get into global dating now though. Elena's Models is on the ropes, as is the "Kisses" empire. Both are well established brands, but I guess they won't be around much longer.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby steve55 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:20 am

The approachability gallery is quite novel, but ultimately steve just took a bunch of girls picture profiles and posted it there. Winston has real life girls on his.


True. I have quite a few photos I could have put up of me with many girls I have dated, but I don't want to come across as a playboy or a guy who just travels abroad to F*** women. When a guy posts photos of himself being with lots of women, the implication is that he is a player who only travels abroad to F**** women. That is not the image I am wanting to present. I'm focusing on men finding wives. Photos of me hooking up with tons of women doesn't really align with that higher purpose. So I choose not to do that. But your point is valid. The collection of photos shows what guys can have and what's out there. The photos I show back up the intro paragraphs that talk about how modest , open, sweet and approachable these women are. They are also much more psychologically healthy minded . All these traits can be seen in these ladies photos. So for that reason, they serve their purpose. :)
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby steve55 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:27 am

xiongmao wrote:Winston has a thick skin to be able to use his real identity with all the stuff he writes. I've been on the receiving end of personal attacks related to my stuff in the global dating niche and it's hard to take at times.

Trolling I can take, but when shit gets personal it's hard to take.


Xiongmao, why are you getting slack? I checked out your site and there is nothing there that would often anyone, not even American women. It is purely a informational site about how to find a foreign women for marriage. My site on the other hand has great potential to offend, at least as much as Winston's. But I have yet to get any slack/hate mail.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Winston » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 am

Repatriate wrote:
mguy wrote:I think it is not the "concept" of global dating itself that is marketable, it is the man behind the concept as repatriates alludes to, which in Winstons case is quite comedic but interesting and thus consumable. If Steve wants to get into the niche, then he should spend less time in developing "concepts" and more time developing a unique personality ie identity capital that will pervade internet consciousness.


My general impression is that all these "Steves" that Winston hangs around are all trying to ride his coattails and rip off his business model. I don't even know which Steve this is that is creating the website. Is it the one who claimed to have slept with a lot of Thai 7-8s without getting into details?

If so I won't be reading or visiting any forums created by that guy. The other guys are just generic white dudes copying Winston. I'm afraid this niche of the internet has already been established by guys like Winston and probably Rooshv. There's not really any room for more unless they can produce some real unique content.


LOL ok let me clear this up for you. The Steve that created Global Dating Solution is Steve Neese. His profile is on our Team page, which you can see in the tab at the top of the forum.

The Steve that I'm hanging out with in Las Vegas and coordinating on projects with is Steve R, who interviewed me before and did a great interview with Steve Hoca before as well. You can listen to his interviews on our Podcast page at the tab at the top.

The other Steve is Steve Hoca, who did a lot of interviews for us which are archived on the Podcasts page too.

Hope that clears things up. lol. I know it's confusing have three Steves. It's such a common name.

Maybe we should add Steve Austin from "The Six Million Dollar Man" here just to confuse you more. lol

Anyhow, Steve Neese put a lot of effort into his site and it is now greatly expanded and updated with some original content of his own. So we should give him credit for it. MJay here in the forum even did a new video about it where he praised it as a great global dating resource. I will post it here soon.
Last edited by Winston on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:11 am

Hi all,
Check out this new video about Foreign women vs. American women by MJay, a member of our forum. In it, he praises Steve Neese's Global Dating Solution website as a great resource and references it throughout. Steve's site looks greatly improved with some original content of his own.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJyvu78S8KE[/youtube]
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Drum roll... My new site Global Dating Solution is now l

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:41 am

Announcement:

Hi all,
Steve Neese told me that his sites will be expiring on April 4 and he will not be renewing them. So if you want to save any info from them, do it before then. Here are the links to his sites again:

http://www.globaldatingsolution.com
http://www.foreignvsamericanwomen.com

You can copy and paste info from them. Or go to each page you want to save and use Control-S to save them offline. His second site looks like it has a great wealth of resources for the HA and Global Dating movement. Check it out. I don't know if he ever announced it here.

Steve is not renewing them because he feels they aren't getting enough hits, and also he is tired of worrying about his employers and coworkers finding out about them. He feels that these sites are putting him out on a limb for nothing.

He has given me access to his hosting account so I can download a copy of them and perhaps put them on my hosting account, but without his name in it. Or I can try to integrate them into this site. We will see.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Drum roll... My new site Global Dating Solution is now l

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:30 am

By the way, do any of you want to buy Steve's sites off him? If so, maybe he can sell his sites to one of you rather than just let them expire. It would be a good platform to start off if any of you are looking to start a new global dating site. If any of you are interested in buying them, let me or Steve know via PM. Steve's username is Steve55.

Anyhow, check out his Foreign vs American Women site. Wow! It's a treasure chest of resources and information for the Happier Abroad and Global Dating movement. Amazing and ground breaking! Here is the URL:

http://www.foreignvsamericanwomen.com

Please share it with all your friends and contacts.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests