Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Winnie, why are your forums censored now?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby zacb » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:56 pm

I hope to God they don'tforce those domains. Worse comes toworse, tor is there.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am
Location: Michigan







Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:56 pm

designer wrote:There are standards. But sadly a few generations have gone by in which Americans no longer recognize that there are standards in any thing. Anything goes and few people now can speak without swearing each and every other word. There is no class among most americans and the lewdest most vile of topics are presented without shame. They believe this to be "freedom of speech", however despite this 'freedom' so many are unable to articulate their personal opinions and ideas. Filth is 'IN' and popular these days. Thus reality tv prevails. I am just amazed that these americans believe that they even deserve to take part in dating abroad. They fail to see how they themselves, despite their declarations of how bad american women are. They themselves promote the american ideology of ignorance and filth all over the world. Many Americans have no class and it is reflected in their daily interactions. Most americans believe it is their right to promote speech of behavior that is no good for anyone. Even at the cost of life, children and humanity itself. Please don't take away our ability to use profanity. Indeed, yet then many asks why feminists and others fail to take the date/marriage abroad movement seriously. The language and lewd topics themselves help to invalidate the movement. I think highly of what Winston is doing to help bring standards to this site. Allowing it to continue to function as a resource of positive information for those who wish to date abroad. As opposed to allowing HA to spiral into just another typical conspiracy theory/p**n/racist/mangina/ignorant rant site. I do not want to be associated with a p**n site and I will leave if the topics here continue to lean towards that type of filth.


+1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby C.J. » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Winston is doing all this, so he can continue to earn money from this site(my guess is his income depends on it ;) ).

Otherwise, I don't think he would give a damn. Certainly doesn't about the trolls. >_>
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am

C.J. wrote:Winston is doing all this, so he can continue to earn money from this site(my guess is his income depends on it ;) ).

Otherwise, I don't think he would give a damn. Certainly doesn't about the trolls. >_>


Ha! So his income depends on policing these forums and making them as politically correct as possible? If that ain't poetic justice...
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 am

Postby C.J. » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:42 am

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Ha! So his income depends on policing these forums and making them as politically correct as possible? If that ain't poetic justice...

Google AdSense is apparently profitable. However you get side-listed if your site contains adult content - you don't earn money from AdSense I believe.

But that's not my biggest pet peeve about this site. It's all these dating site and who knows what else ads that make the site fully load only after 10 whole minutes!
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Postby xiongmao » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:21 am

Hi Winston,

Just to let you know that your site is stupendously slow here today, it loads the header then says waiting for tag.contextweb.com. It's not the first time it's done this. If you're only earning peanuts from them, then ditch them!

Also put your other ads into iframes, then they'll load while the rest of the content is coming up (don't put AdSense in an iframe though!).

And to everyone else, sheesh it costs money to run websites - there's hosting, email costs and TIME, especially for a forum. Winston needs to police this place to stop dumb Indian SEO companies overrunning it with spam, plus there are the usual trolls and weirdos to contend with. And when Winston's deleting spam, he isn't writing informative eBooks, or out meeting tall and skinny Chinese girls.

And the Internet is full of weirdos, from people impersonating us on other forums, to people who fake their own death (yes this happened to another forum I used to post on!).

So Winston deserves every cent he makes from this place!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby ***JP*** » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 am

xiongmao wrote:Hi Winston,

Just to let you know that your site is stupendously slow here today, it loads the header then says waiting for tag.contextweb.com. It's not the first time it's done this. If you're only earning peanuts from them, then ditch them!

Also put your other ads into iframes, then they'll load while the rest of the content is coming up (don't put AdSense in an iframe though!).

And to everyone else, sheesh it costs money to run websites - there's hosting, email costs and TIME, especially for a forum. Winston needs to police this place to stop dumb Indian SEO companies overrunning it with spam, plus there are the usual trolls and weirdos to contend with. And when Winston's deleting spam, he isn't writing informative eBooks, or out meeting tall and skinny Chinese girls.

And the Internet is full of weirdos, from people impersonating us on other forums, to people who fake their own death (yes this happened to another forum I used to post on!).

So Winston deserves every cent he makes from this place!



I've noticed the same here too. Very very slow and sometimes the page doesn't even load completely after refreshing a few times.
***JP***
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Living happier abroad in Lithuania

Postby xiongmao » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:56 pm

LoveMe's slowing the boat down now. Where is Winston anyway? Sleeping?
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby zboy1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:22 pm

This website is so slow now! What happened? It takes me two or three minutes just to load one page on HA.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests