I like to know what other people plans are to move oversea.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

chanta76 wrote:Polya and PeterAndrewNolan,

If I every do get married I want a prenuptial and if she does not want to sign it's a deal breaker.

The reason why I started this thread was to see other people ideas so therefore other posters who are reading may come up with their own ideas or exchange ideas.

Polya,

You mention don't put all your eggs in one basket and wait to go overseas...and find a bunch of girls and pick the best. Well..I'm 35 soon to be 36 years old. Never married and never had kids. So I been very careful who I would settle down with. Can I get a local American girl? Yes...and I did but not really interested and now I'm with a girl overseas.
My advice of not putting your eggs in one basket comes from numerous guys writing on happierabroad. Several months ago one guy wrote about his trip to the Ukraine TO MEET ONE GIRL - OMG how stupid!! She of course ignored him when he was in her city - thank God he never paid her for accomodation - a big red flag!! Anyway, he ended up paying her money to leave her job & spend time with him - how stupid!! I'd have been on the next train to Keiv once I got ignored by her & she'd be history. I feel the whole internet dating thing is a waste of time as few girls can speak English. Plan a long vacation and have time to meet girls when you're there.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Re: I like to know what other people plans are to move overs

Post by polya »

Last edited by polya on August 23rd, 2012, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

My first China trip was to meet one girl. How stupid was that. Actually she's still the best girl I've met - she definitely had something because she got snapped up on Blossoms and is now married to a very rich guy.

My love life is currently a mess. But I guess what it boils down to is that marriage is a big thing for a man, and it's not worth it unless you desperately want kids or you find a girl so awesome that she's worth all the hassle and shopping trips and bad moods etc. etc.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Marriage for all it's worth has it's good and bad side. If you meet a traditional girl the big M words comes up. A traditional girl typically tends to be a good girl and tends to want marriage.

If you want to be a playboy and just go after random girls...do that. If you want to settle down with a decent woman that can make you comfortable ..go ahead. What I do notice is that as you get older it's harder to play the play boy role and the quality of girls you meet goes down unless you have loads of money but you just end up attracting gold diggers.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Celebrating Anders Breivik and other extremist views will get you no where. Last I heard Norway didn't change any of its policies = Failure

Finding work is the least of my concerns, if you're in a situation where you need money the chances of you finding something to get paid for are pretty good. You have no social safety net to bail you out because you aren't a legal resident or citizen.

Just go, save the money the best way you can. I found a blog from a guy that used to work for UPS at the corporate level. He found even though he had a good paying job, he was unfulfilled. He decided to sell everything and moved into a room he rented from a family cheap. He saved a year's wages a bit over 30K and hasn't returned to the US, that was 2010.

As I have said before people make excuses, if your job is getting in the way, consider changing it. If you have the ability to live where its cheap, then do it. Go without, sell your car if you can take public transportation. Get a cheap phone, sell the smartphone and its data plan.

I now get almost $500 a month tax free, only 3-5 hours of my time twice a week, that doesn't include EBT Food ($200). Getting GA (General Assistance) recently as locked me into an extra $130 a month for up to nine months. I wear the same two pairs of pants and four/five t-shirts.

I have cut it down as low as I can get it. I have reduced eating out to zero.

I should be able to save $400 a month which is made easier with GA. I have about $50-60 cushion every month. That will cover hair cuts, cat food and that sort of thing. I paid $117 to get out of my Gold's Gym contract otherwise I would have more money, I should have $461 by the end of the month, that is because I applied for GA in the middle of July, so they sent me credit for July and the August payment. This will last until March or until I get a job whichever comes first.

With no Gold's or any other payment, I will easily be able to save $400 a month which is the model I have built. By the end of Sept, I should be able to buy a plane ticket. By Dec depending how much I participate in Black Friday (Android Tablet, possible new Laptop, SSD for current laptop, maybe PS3) I should have just about $2K by the end of Dec.

By the time my GA is up if take the whole term, I should have $3,700 by April 2013. That's more than enough to accomplish my goal putting me on the path to nuptials.

I have in the works a project that I hope will generate some income and have some fun with it as well. Somewhere in there I need to budget for the hardware I need to produce a top quality podcast as well.

My point is -

If you're on this site complaining about women in America, why you doing the things to attract one???? Drop out as much as you can, it will save you money, enough money to save for relocation.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:Celebrating Anders Breivik and other extremist views will get you no where. Last I heard Norway didn't change any of its policies = Failure
Thanks for this rational post.

This is also helpful to me from a personal POV. The most common reaction I used to get, when I talked to everyone openly about why I'm leaving, is "why don't you just stay and fight?" I don't think they necessarily meant "armed struggle", but they certainly at least meant pointless, soul-sucking political activism. The Breivik thing is a good shorthand. If huge headlines and massive body count produce no change, what good is it going to do if I bother everyone about chemtrails or some other issue they could care less about? Yeah, I'll continue to tell the truth - when asked. But hell even Jesus had an itinerary.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Jester wrote:The most common reaction I used to get, when I talked to everyone openly about why I'm leaving, is "why don't you just stay and fight?" I don't think they necessarily meant "armed struggle", but they certainly at least meant pointless, soul-sucking political activism. The Breivik thing is a good shorthand. If huge headlines and massive body count produce no change, what good is it going to do if I bother everyone about chemtrails or some other issue they could care less about? Yeah, I'll continue to tell the truth - when asked. But hell even Jesus had an itinerary.
Obviously one guy shooting a few of the scum won't cause them to radically change their policies, but many people doing so would. Besides, Breivik did bring about positive change. The world is now a better place for having several dozen less asshole traitors in it.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote:
Jester wrote:The most common reaction I used to get, when I talked to everyone openly about why I'm leaving, is "why don't you just stay and fight?" I don't think they necessarily meant "armed struggle", but they certainly at least meant pointless, soul-sucking political activism. The Breivik thing is a good shorthand. If huge headlines and massive body count produce no change, what good is it going to do if I bother everyone about chemtrails or some other issue they could care less about? Yeah, I'll continue to tell the truth - when asked. But hell even Jesus had an itinerary.
Obviously one guy shooting a few of the scum won't cause them to radically change their policies, but many people doing so would. Besides, Breivik did bring about positive change. The world is now a better place for having several dozen less asshole traitors in it.
:lol:
RLOL...

thanks fo the laugh
:wink:

...and good night.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Jester wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Celebrating Anders Breivik and other extremist views will get you no where. Last I heard Norway didn't change any of its policies = Failure
Thanks for this rational post.

This is also helpful to me from a personal POV. The most common reaction I used to get, when I talked to everyone openly about why I'm leaving, is "why don't you just stay and fight?" I don't think they necessarily meant "armed struggle", but they certainly at least meant pointless, soul-sucking political activism. The Breivik thing is a good shorthand. If huge headlines and massive body count produce no change, what good is it going to do if I bother everyone about chemtrails or some other issue they could care less about? Yeah, I'll continue to tell the truth - when asked. But hell even Jesus had an itinerary.
Celebrating Breivik but not Wade Micheal Page or James Homes? Hmmm Mass shooting are the answer and you call that "doing something about it?"

Poor misguided souls....

There's no point in fighting as this is likely to happen -

Civil Unrest is very likely, Page and Homes are just the tip of things to come. There will be a Banking/Currency Crisis, this will impact countries without robust modern infrastructures = United States. How the United States handles the crisis is key but given its current track record and the lack of a robust social movement from the Left, despite Occupy OWS you won't get a favorable response from the Government. With an already overzealous and militarized police force NATION WIDE, do you really wanna be here????

I will set aside some cash to pay for plane tickets for my parents. I have been trying to get them to consider moving to Panama, we shall see.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Jester wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
RLOL...

thanks fo the laugh

...and good night.
How in the world did killing people, mostly young people (politicians children...) set a positive tone???? Wow some of the people on this board, closet racist, fear mongers, takes all types I guess.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: I like to know what other people plans are to move overs

Post by OutWest »

Teal Lantern wrote:
partial checklist & considerations, no particular order, some may not apply.

Any language barriers? Any major racial issues/tensions?
In what direction is demographics/social stability taking their economy?
Is this a one-way trip?
Does your home country tax you on worldwide income? Most countries do.
Will your new country tax you on worldwide income? What rate?
Will you have to file two tax returns or just one? Two, if you're American.
Will you have to give up your old citizenship?
Settle in one country or perpetually travel?
What are the crime issues? Gangs? Corruption?
Are there civil liberties? In some places, calling the King a fink will get you locked up.
Will your income source be online based or physical location?
Are local bureaucrats & thugs likely to demand bribes / shake down or shut down your business?
Is the govt likely to get a shooting war going, during your stay?
Do you have the same / fewer rights than a local?
Ancestral or treaty rights to citizenship / residency?
What about a retirement plan?
How is the healthcare system? Can you buy in, cheap? Is it modern medicine or do they still use leeches?

If you're going to settle down and do the family thing:
Can you rent / buy / lease a house / an apartment / land in your own name, or does it have to be done in a spouse's name?
Can you open a bank account / get utilities in your own name, or does it have to be done in a spouse's name?
If in a spouse's name, what happens to your property investment / accounts, in event of a divorce?
Can you be arrested / kicked out of your house, on a fake "he hit me" claim?
For your kids, are the schools any good?
Will your kids be considered full citizens?
Will your kids ever have to serve in the military?
Will your kids be targets for abduction and ransom because you're seen as the rich kano / farang / gaijin / laowai / etc?
In event of a divorce, what are your custody rights? Any vag.. er.. alimony, or child support obligations?

chanta76 wrote:For me..I would love to move overseas. The quickest path is ESL teaching but I think ESL teaching is a dead end job without any future. Plus in some countries they prefer younger applicants. So this path maybe open for me but I 'm still exploring my option.

I started to work on online site and I have a lonnnnng way to go on top of that I'm trying to learn how to invest and trade stocks. Just using simulation.

I work in Real estate and well I didn't make enough money yet to retire early to live abroad. I figure I might need another 10 years or so. I'm currently 35 soon to be 36. I'm not married yet but I do have a girl friend in Asia and we are talking about marriage. But if I do marry it might make things more challenging since marriage is always challenging.

I think part of the reason why I'm thinking about marriage is that here in the states I'm pretty much turned off by the local girls. My girl in Asia is much better than the local girls but still I think part of the reason why I'm thinking of marriage is I want someone by my side. I know that when I was in Asia there was sooooo much temptation that it would of been hard to settle down but here in the states there is no temptation so maybe marriage life doesn't sound that bad.

I'm still thinking about it.

Curious to know how others are trying to make their move overses.
A good list to check out for those considering..real items you have listed.

One correction though, most countries do NOT tax their citizens world wide income. The USA is one of very few ( A few years back it was just the USA and Libya) to do so.

The USA is the only industrialized country in the world that taxes worldwide income based on citizenship.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/ ... de-income/

Outwest
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

OK. I may have to re-check in the country's native languages.

Many foreign tax sites I've looked at written in English have said that if you have residency there (usually more than 183 days present) then they tax you on worldwide income. Some exempt pensions or money that stays offshore, etc, but generally tax you like a citizen.

But, I won't complain it they don't tax it. :D
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:
Jester wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
RLOL...

thanks fo the laugh

...and good night.
How in the world did killing people, mostly young people (politicians children...) set a positive tone???? Wow some of the people on this board, closet racist, fear mongers, takes all types I guess.
One of my motivations in leaving is to avoid a civil war. I don't admire Breivik but I can assure you that John Q Public here in the U.S. is buying guns and ammo and prepping. Some people choose to leave, others to stay and fight.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Teal Lantern wrote:OK. I may have to re-check in the country's native languages.

Many foreign tax sites I've looked at written in English have said that if you have residency there (usually more than 183 days present) then they tax you on worldwide income. Some exempt pensions or money that stays offshore, etc, but generally tax you like a citizen.

But, I won't complain it they don't tax it. :D

They mean if you live there, you pay tax on worldwide income. But if you stop living there, you stop paying them any tax at all. Except for U.S., and maybe Phil's and Ethiopia I think, and maybe Sweden, a few places who tax citizens and even legal residents who move abroad.

If you live there, more than 6 months or whatever (varies a little), then big countries tax you like a local. Youre still OK if their income tax is territorial -- they dont even tax their own people on offshore income. E.g., Costa Rica, Guatemala, Paraguay, etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:
I will set aside some cash to pay for plane tickets for my parents. I have been trying to get them to consider moving to Panama, we shall see.
This is a concern for me too. trying to make everyone get a passport. And my mom refuses to go to Philippines. Uruguay she is okay with.