Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Obnoxious western children V Asian children

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Post Reply
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster
Posts: 569
Joined: February 21st, 2012, 5:55 am
Location: Out of the West

Obnoxious western children V Asian children

Post by Voice of Reason » August 19th, 2012, 10:55 am

I was at a shopping center in Chiang Mai (Thailand) today when I heard a sound that I haven't heard in a while - that of an annoying crying screaming baby.

I looked to the source of the sound and - no surprises here - the baby was from a western family.

Needless to say, the mother and father were obese, as well as the babies siblings.

What is it with western babies acting like this? Do they have a bad diet, or something? Are they simply spoiled?

C.J.
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1025
Joined: April 25th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Post by C.J. » August 19th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Bad diets, coupled with bad parenting. Asian children would act the same way given the same parenting regimen.

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2365
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Obnoxious western children V Asian children

Post by OutWest » August 19th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Voice of Reason wrote:I was at a shopping center in Chiang Mai (Thailand) today when I heard a sound that I haven't heard in a while - that of an annoying crying screaming baby.

I looked to the source of the sound and - no surprises here - the baby was from a western family.

Needless to say, the mother and father were obese, as well as the babies siblings.

What is it with western babies acting like this? Do they have a bad diet, or something? Are they simply spoiled?
If they are US parents, it is very likely they are just raising a self-indulgent brat...par for the course.


Outwest

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4777
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Post by momopi » August 19th, 2012, 6:11 pm

When I was in France, I observed French parents disciplining their kids. If the kid is acting up on the streets or at the parks, the father shuts down the kid immediately. If the kid doesn't behave, the parents will simply not take the kid out to town.

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2365
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Post by OutWest » August 19th, 2012, 6:47 pm

momopi wrote:When I was in France, I observed French parents disciplining their kids. If the kid is acting up on the streets or at the parks, the father shuts down the kid immediately. If the kid doesn't behave, the parents will simply not take the kid out to town.
The average US parent is so totally saturated with psychobabble crap that they cannot even rationally think. It's "time outs" and trips to the shrink, crap on crap with predictable results. Even in the dirt poor Philippines, it is a pleasure to be near school kids here...polite, well scrubbed kids in uniforms, a far cry from the rampaging juvenile delinquents around many US schools.

Outwest

pete98146
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1130
Joined: June 22nd, 2009, 4:31 pm

Post by pete98146 » August 19th, 2012, 7:23 pm

OutWest wrote:
momopi wrote:When I was in France, I observed French parents disciplining their kids. If the kid is acting up on the streets or at the parks, the father shuts down the kid immediately. If the kid doesn't behave, the parents will simply not take the kid out to town.
The average US parent is so totally saturated with psychobabble crap that they cannot even rationally think. It's "time outs" and trips to the shrink, crap on crap with predictable results. Even in the dirt poor Philippines, it is a pleasure to be near school kids here...polite, well scrubbed kids in uniforms, a far cry from the rampaging juvenile delinquents around many US schools.

Outwest
Agreed Outwest. I remember walking into a hardware store a few months back here in Seattle and kneeled by the front door there was a (my guess single) mother talking to her son who was having a temper tantrum. Instead of putting the fear of god in the little bastard, she was saying, "oh if you behave mommy will give you an ice cream bar when we get home." You NEVER negotiate with children...gives them all the power. Wrong approach and kids never learn from this method. Discipline has a place in life especially with children.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4567
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » August 19th, 2012, 9:45 pm

In America, everything is about 'self esteem' and how to baby your kids. That's why this country is going down the crapper.

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Post by E_Irizarry » August 20th, 2012, 12:11 am

OutWest wrote:
momopi wrote:When I was in France, I observed French parents disciplining their kids. If the kid is acting up on the streets or at the parks, the father shuts down the kid immediately. If the kid doesn't behave, the parents will simply not take the kid out to town.
The average US parent is so totally saturated with psychobabble crap that they cannot even rationally think. It's "time outs" and trips to the shrink, crap on crap with predictable results. Even in the dirt poor Philippines, it is a pleasure to be near school kids here...polite, well scrubbed kids in uniforms, a far cry from the rampaging juvenile delinquents around many US schools.

Outwest
I somewhat disagree. I feel that the Christian Pinoys/Pinays were always laughing behind my back at an audible distant because I'm a man of larger body type (not fat but big enough to be called "baboy" (pig)- even though I heard it's a term of endearment there)

Muslim Filipinos in Mindinao were much more behaved than their Christian Filipino counter parts.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”