A question for those of you who've made the move already

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Do you regret leaving the US?

Yeah I can't wait to move back there..
5%
No I certainly don't miss that hole and its toxic people.
55%
I'm not really sure.
10%
I move back and forth all the time, so I can't say..
30%

Total votes: 20
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: A question for those of you who've made the move already

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Jester wrote: We should give this thread back to the OP and get back on track.
For sure.....these ASIO agents do not even have the decency to start a new thread....

On the topic....I have no regrets in moving away from Australia and then also from Ireland. I will keep working with the german guvment and see how that goes.

The thing that men need to do is to establish a business that generates income no matter where they are...that is what I am working on....selling my software based out of Romania that can be handled by my friends there.....when I am successful at doing that then I will have created the future for a man to live into.....just two things left...world passport and getting my business generating a reliable income. I think both are eminently achievable.

If men cooperated with each other even in the tiniest of fashions it would be MUCH easier but men simply will not cooperate and will not even agree to be honest in business dealings.....men deserve their oppression..they really do.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:My biggest mistake in life was to believe in the fairy tale that women were fundamentally nice and decent people like men are.
Your biggest mistake in life was to meet one woman who assumingly turned evil, and then shape the rest of your life and your outlook on women and society based on that one experience. I am not against somebody who bonds to and marries his childhood sweetheart. But it ain't cute anymore when the same person builds an entire epic on that one experience when it fails, and even tries to sell it as the ultimate "buy or die" truth.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
If men cooperated with each other even in the tiniest of fashions it would be MUCH easier but men simply will not cooperate and will not even agree to be honest in business dealings.....men deserve their oppression..they really do.
Hear, Hear! Men are such a$$holes now I can't be bothered speaking to guys I don't know. They are "all for their wives" - and when she turns on him, he's just like a prized-calf getting slain. At least guys could dis-own their ex's and kids who betrayed him and make sure they live in poverty by NEVER paying child support.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

polya wrote:
PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
Hear, Hear! Men are such a$$holes now I can't be bothered speaking to guys I don't know. They are "all for their wives" - and when she turns on him, he's just like a prized-calf getting slain. At least guys could dis-own their ex's and kids who betrayed him and make sure they live in poverty by NEVER paying child support.
Gemtlemen, I say again:

We should give this thread back to the OP and get back on track.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Teal Lantern wrote:"Love" is quite ephemeral around here. :lol:
I have been saying this all along. We could propose to create an alternative "Happier And In Love And Not Necessarily Hating All Women Who He Didn't Or Couldn't Date - Abroad" forum for the few non misanthropists left in here. :)
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Moving on wrote:Seems Peter's proclivities on this forum are being picked up on the blogosphere:

http://peternolanstalker.blogspot.com.a ... nking.html

http://manboobz.com/author/manboobz/
Is your ass still sore from all those dicks? No wonder no girl wants a worthless mangina like you - asshole.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
Jester wrote: I wish you were wrong.
We both know that everything I have put forward is correct. The question is what are other men going to do? Are they going to help me build a new future for lads or are they going to tell lies about me and condemn the lads to ignorance which will inevitably lead to violence as the lads figure out that they were betrayed?

My biggest mistake in life was to believe in the fairy tale that women were fundamentally nice and decent people like men are.

Sure, there are some bad men but most men are, underneath, decent people. If they try and screw you over they will, at least, be honest about it in 99% of cases. But women? Women are manipulative as hell. They lie to men to manipulate them and they do it at will and constantly. Even the best of them.

My mother did me a great dis-service not teaching me about what women are REALLY like.

Well..The Truth Be Told is my effort to teach those young men who are being lied to what the truth is about women, especially western women.

Example. I just recently met a new prospective woman. I have developed a new skill it seems.

I am now able to look a woman in the eyes, even from some distance, and know if she is a decent woman or not. I only developed this two years or so ago and have only had it happen 4 times. I am not saying that it is ONLY these women who are decent women....I am saying that the 4 this has happened to turned out to be pretty good women...

Anyway.....the latest one I met recently.......so, unusually for me, I actually approached her and started up a conversation....we have met a couple of times.....when asking about my view of women I have been absolutely straightforward and to the point....her response "AT LAST.....a man who really knows what we are like....that makes me feel so much better because I do not have to worry about trying to present myself as I am not.....you already really know what we are like!"

She is HAPPY that I describe women as mostly liars and manipulators who try to get men to do what they want.....it is a RELIEF for her to meet such a man.....how about that?

My fav#1 says the same but in another way......her way is that she feels comfortable around me and can be herself...she does not need to put on the pretenses and act like she is someone she is not in order to manipulate me.....she openly says that she felt that if we were together with her strong personality she would be likely to provoke me and try to hurt me emotionally.....to which I replied "if you are naughty I will put you over my knee and spank you"..to which she replied "and I shall be naughty to make sure I am spanked".

I was telling this new lady I met about this and how I had spanked my daughter when she was willful and naughty as well as my fav#1......she almost SWOONED at the idea of being spanked for being naughty....It was as clear as day she was very interested in getting herself spanked for being naughty.....I noticed this and pointed it out....she tried to deny it.

I said to her "it is completely normal for a girl to want to provoke her father into needing to spank her, once he does she knows he is big and strong and will protect her and provide for her....she feel more comfortable, more secure, and she will often cuddle up to her father and feel very good towards him after being spanked....my daughter did that all the time.....I bet you did that with your father too.....

This need does not go away just because the girl becomes a woman.....she still needs to provoke her man and he still needs to spank her so that she feels he is strong and powerful and can protect and provide for her......that is how women are.

This is why it is such a disaster to say "never hit women".....it destroys the womans ability to bond closely with the man via a good spanking. It destroys her ability to feel the security of protector and provider....something she needs...indeed....it is so insane now they call that "domestic violence" and the man can go to jail for doing what the woman needs to be done for her."

She just shook her head and said "you are so right"......I am wondering if we will see much more of each other.....she is a really interesting woman....I quite like her already.

This is why women hit men so often.....how many men here have been hit by a woman in their life or attacked by a woman in their life? Lots...me included...they are doing it to provoke you into spanking them in a controlled yet dominant manner so that they can bond with you more closely and feel that you are the "protector and provider"...this idea that women are "equal" and can be treated like men is very bad for women....witness the psychotic breakdowns happening in women and the fact that women in america consume 25% of the worlds anti-depressants etc.
It looks like Peter's post above was quoted in an anti-misogynist blog attacking him:

http://manboobz.com/2012/08/31/peter-an ... -spanking/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

That forum has a weird discussion about cults and "Landmark" - here's an example:

"The thing is, what The Forum does is potentially very dangerous. It doesn’t produce really negative results in everyone, some people come out OK (annoying to those who have to listen to their sales pitches, but otherwise OK), but for the people who it does hurt them it really really hurts them. And I just don’t buy the idea that there are bound to be a few psychotic breaks any time you have X number of people doing something as being a good excuse, because the thing about self-help seminars is that, no matter what disclaimers they make you sign, by their very nature they tend to attract a lot of people who’re already psychologically vulnerable, and the organizers know that. And if you put that much pressure on people who’re already in a vulnerable state, and some of them snap, I think the organization that put them under that pressure is responsible for what happens to those people, even if they did sign up willingly."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you move to Asia, one thing you do regret is that the nature in Asia sucks compared to the US or Europe. In Asia, nature areas outside the cities are insect infested. I can't even sit in the park and read a book without insects biting me. But in the US, the nature and fresh air are much better. There are many open landscapes everywhere and lots of places you can go to get away from people and be in quiet seclusion with nature, trees, landscapes, mountains, lakes, beaches, deserts, canyons, etc in the background. And you can sit outside and eat dinner outside, whether on your balcony, porch or outdoor restaurants and enjoy open air and food without feeling uncomfortable.

But in Asia, there are too many insects and bugs in nature to enjoy it. And if your skin is the kind they like, they never stop bothering you. And if you open the door in your house, insects come in too, so they bother you inside your home too! Very annoying.

Furthermore, most of Asia (except northern Asia) is very hot and humid most of the year. So it's hard to enjoy the outdoors with extreme heat and humidity too. It makes you feel like going indoors most of the time, or staying inside shopping malls. That sucks too. So the outdoors in Asia doubly sucks.

However, if you go to Europe, you can enjoy sitting on benches around beautiful architecture and parks, and eat in outdoor restaurants, without feeling uncomfortable from insects or extreme heat. So Europe and America are best for outdoors and nature and experiencing fresh air. Asia sucks for that, especially if you don't like super hot weather. It's not good for artists and writers and philosophers either, because it's hard to work or concentrate in high heat and humidity.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Agreed. I hated Thailand from the moment I left the air-conditioned airport and was hit by that blast furnace air. I've flown back into Tucson from abroad every summer for the last eight years, and while the temperature is higher the air is much less uncomfortable. Everything about Thailand, which is the only place I've been in Asia, just physically repulsed me.

International Living had an article recently describing some coastal city in Vietnam as paradise (they hid the name so you would subscribe to the magazine, but I figured it by looking up the expats quoted). I checked the climate data -- not a single night all year where you wouldn't need to run the air conditioner to sleep.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 2:01 am

Furthermore, most of Asia (except northern Asia) is very hot and humid most of the year.
You mean most of East Asia is hot and humid, because central and West Asia is dry: Mongolia, former FSU countries like Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan, Iran, Pakistan, most of Turkey, etc. Also, you can go up in altitude to avoid heat. For example, mountains of Ceylon and Nepal, Tibet, etc. I think both Nepal and Mongolia give 90 day tourist visas to Americans at the airport and are fairly low cost places to live as a tourist.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I would have voted No if it didn't mean calling the US a hole of toxic people.

So "I'm not really sure" fits me best so far. The heat and humidity of southeast Asia is causing health issues for me (the insects that Winston refers to are part of it!) but I do love the cheap cost of living.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

No, I don't regret the move at all but I realised that I would be giving up career progression back in my home country (the UK) and that I would never have the comfortable retirement some of my peers will have and my siblings - saying that - that guarantee isn't around for anyone anymore. So, it doesn't seem like a bad payoff at all.

With this life, you need to prioritise what you want out of it, if you want to marry and have kids then a move back home to the first world is going to happen if you want it or you don't because that is where the money, prospects and opportunities for your kids are - a lot of people do that and are then stuck between a rock and a hard place because they just don't let you in anymore like they once did - I know to move back to the UK with a foreign spouse you need a job of around 30000 dollars a year or 90000 dollars in savings - hard to arrange a job from thousands of miles away and once you have been out of the loop of a few years then you become unemployable - I don't think I would get a wonderful job if I were to move back to the UK (not that I would want to...).

I don't regret it at all but then I haven't done anything to regret it - like get married, like have children, like drink and take loads of drugs - it's OK drinking and smoking every day and whatnot but hospital bills are expensive. I will never go back to the UK - broke or otherwise - I will die on foreign shores.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another regret is the lack of consumer choices abroad compared to the US of course. The US also has a lot of vegetarian products that Asia doesn't, like Morningstar veggie burgers and veggie sausage links, which are very delicious and heavenly and hit the spot. Asia's veggie meats don't taste as good. Also of course, Taco Bell. We all love that don't we? Taco Bell food is so good and hits the spot too. I've seen some Taco Bells in Manila and Bangkok, but they are expensive and don't compare and don't have the vegetarian options that the US ones have. Also the Burger King in the US has veggie burgers too, but the ones in Asia do not except for Thailand. But the Thailand Burger King veggie patties aren't very good.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Well, I did not leave USA, but I left Europe for always and since more than 40 years I do not regret it at all. Never came back, for sure my life is much better in Asia.

Hot weather does not bother me, but cold weather really does. Summer is short in Northern and Central Europe and winter time is cold and dark.
Here in Japan during the short hot time I can use aircon, in Thailand so far ventilators and swimming pool make my life comfortable.

Not really a problem with insects, we have mosquito nets for doors and windows and electric insect killer units...in Japan and in Thailand.

There are also many other reasons why I left, like too much Christianity everywhere, uncomfortable opening time of shops, street criminality of immigrants (yes, even 40 years ago, and now even much worse), difficult for young men who have nothing from their parents to finance a reasonable accommodation, and not to forget living as a man in a pro-feminist society etc. - I was really treated as a second class citizen in my own country.

In Europe I would be still alone, here in Asia I have a nice family. Might be that USA is even worse than Europe, but women in Europe are not so much better in general.

In Europe maybe I would be still paying off debts, but in Japan I have fairly nice savings.

Weather and climate in my place in Japan now is a bit warmer compared to Central Europe and when it is getting really cold in Japan I move over to Thailand to our second home for a few months.

After my retirement due to good working contracts/pension payments and good health insurance I can say, I am secure up to end of life. I am owner of my condominium units in Japan and in Thailand, no rent to pay.

All in all, I made the right decision to leave Europe and so far it looks like I will end my life somewhere in Asia.