Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Even if you go overseas you can't date up...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Even if you go overseas you can't date up...

Postby WuFan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:51 pm

I looked through all the testimonials on various mail order bride sites and I couldn´t find a single couple where the wife was significantly better looking than the guy. As a matter of fact they were all equally matched.

Even Winston ended up dating and getting a girl pregnant that was in his league, although she did have a decent body.

The only exception I can think of is that Mark Davies guy. However his wife would be considered average looking by Eastern European standards and he seems to be loaded.

However unfortunately money can´t buy you love. Relationships like that are pretty much the same as prostitution. Just watch 1:10 to see what I mean.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0jhl70TRU[/youtube]
WuFan
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:50 pm







Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby Teal Lantern » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:00 pm

WuFan wrote:I looked through all the testimonials on various mail order bride sites and I couldn´t find a single couple where the wife was significantly better looking than the guy. As a matter of fact they were all equally matched.
Some guys keep their success to themselves. Also, there's no way of knowing if the testimonials are real or written by the company.

Even Winston ended up dating and getting a girl pregnant that was in his league, although she did have a decent body.
Winston dated some nice looking girls, too. He was also chasing anything that moved. Are you aiming for quantity or quality?

The only exception I can think of is that Mark Davies guy. However his wife would be considered average looking by Eastern European standards and he seems to be loaded.
If they're both happy, then so what? When you get a girl, do you take a poll among your friends to see if they think she's attractive, too? :roll:
Do you need the clique's approval to decide if someone is attractive enough for you? "Sorry, Babe, I can't date you 'cause you don't make my friends get a woody." :roll: WTF? Your "friends" may have selfish motives for what they say.
^^This is dumb sh!t.


However unfortunately money can´t buy you love. Relationships like that are pretty much the same as prostitution. Just watch 1:10 to see what I mean.
Actually, this is good news for guys who don't have much money.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0jhl70TRU[/youtube]
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby Rock » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 pm

WuFan wrote:I looked through all the testimonials on various mail order bride sites and I couldn´t find a single couple where the wife was significantly better looking than the guy. As a matter of fact they were all equally matched.

Even Winston ended up dating and getting a girl pregnant that was in his league, although she did have a decent body.

The only exception I can think of is that Mark Davies guy. However his wife would be considered average looking by Eastern European standards and he seems to be loaded.

However unfortunately money can´t buy you love. Relationships like that are pretty much the same as prostitution. Just watch 1:10 to see what I mean.



Disagree!

For me, 'dating-up' has 2 possible standards, each of which involves 2 gaps - looks and age -

1. Attracting, dating, and mating with younger and/or better looking girls than you could back in your home (Anglo) country = girls who are generally fatter, uglier, and/or older than yourself

2. Attracting, dating, and mating with younger and/or better looking girls than yourself

Age is a clear number and a measure of looks can be found by having photos rated on popular rate me sites or just asking and checking around.

In my personal experience, I've achieved both standards above in Taiwan, China, Thailand, Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, S. Korea, HK, and even Phils on a non-P4P basis. In the best cases, the girls were at least 2-3 points higher than me on the 10 point looks scale and over a luan (12 years) younger. How is that not dating-up???

I see many cases of other foreigners doing the same thing in various countries, some are extreme. I believe the guys how are able to achieve the most impressive 'gaps' are those who are very particular, discerning, and willing to put a lot of work into it.

For some reason, many white guys just settle for the easy stuff, the ones who fall into their laps. These are invariably the most unattractive and desperate girls. So yes, you see all kinds of white guys around Asia and even LatAm with generally unattractive and often low class looking girls, albeit ones that are often much younger. But I believe the guys who don't settle and are willing to put in all the time and effort required have a good shot at scoring way above their league in certain countries.

And hey, when you see an unimpressive 25 year-old Filippina marry and even bare children for a geriatric foreigner who provides chump-change family support, wouldn't you say that guy dated way-up?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby OutWest » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:48 pm

WuFan wrote:I looked through all the testimonials on various mail order bride sites and I couldn´t find a single couple where the wife was significantly better looking than the guy. As a matter of fact they were all equally matched.

Even Winston ended up dating and getting a girl pregnant that was in his league, although she did have a decent body.

The only exception I can think of is that Mark Davies guy. However his wife would be considered average looking by Eastern European standards and he seems to be loaded.

However unfortunately money can´t buy you love. Relationships like that are pretty much the same as prostitution. Just watch 1:10 to see what I mean.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0jhl70TRU[/youtube]



I really think you need to get out more. You seem to know very little of the world. I suspect you are quite unhappy and unsuccessful within the USA (Or Canada) and you really hope that everyone else is as unhappy and unsuccessful as you are now.

Do you have any idea what a silly little man you sound like making up rules for others, often men who have lived and traveled all over
the world and know well of what they speak?

You are desperately hoping that your unhappiness is common to all, but it it not. Travel, live some life, live in 3 or 4 countries and THEN you may be better able to make some intelligent observations about what is common to the world. One thing you will notice about men who have really been around is that they are often reluctant to make rules about what can and cannot happen. Having really lived, they know well that patterns may exist, but ANYTHING can happen, and often does.

You sound very young and unhappy to boot, and you have no idea what you are talking about. Educate yourself, travel, live. In all of that you may find some happiness if you are paying attention.

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby skateboardstephen » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:02 pm

why does this even matter.just get with someone you love and someone who loves you back and shut up!What one person may think is a beautiful women others may not agree.

My fiance is Afro-Brazilian and i think she is the most attractive women in my eyes and she has stuck with me through thick and thin.But since she is a black women most on this forum would deem her unattractive by default due to so much racism in a lot of peoples dating choices(most people want someone who is white or close to it no matter if a black female is hot or not) so i don't take the opinion of most people seriously,do i give a crap hell no,i am happy that is what matters and these guys are probably happy also.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Postby djfourmoney » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:01 pm

skateboardstephen wrote:why does this even matter.just get with someone you love and someone who loves you back and shut up!What one person may think is a beautiful women others may not agree.

My fiance is Afro-Brazilian and i think she is the most attractive women in my eyes and she has stuck with me through thick and thin.But since she is a black women most on this forum would deem her unattractive by default due to so much racism in a lot of peoples dating choices(most people want someone who is white or close to it no matter if a black female is hot or not) so i don't take the opinion of most people seriously,do i give a crap hell no,i am happy that is what matters and these guys are probably happy also.


That's not true either, I find many Black Women attractive. I find many Black women from Bahia, Dominican Republic, etc attractive. That being said, I do have a preference for White women/European decent Latinas, always have, seemingly always will as I look to "lock" that in.

Is that born out of racism? No the excuse I will make is that its apart of conditioning that was proven to me by a documentary "The Glow of White Women" - http://www.linktv.org/programs/the-glow-of-white-women

I will also say I am a product and still live in a majority White (if it seems majority Latino at times) area of the San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles). I don't see many attractive BW and when I do, they pretty much ignore me. So Stephen I get what you're saying but its not true across the board. I will date and marry an attractive BW, I will not date/marry a so-so/ugly/fat White woman. I hold EVERYBODY to the same standard.

In fact I am weighing the option of going to Brazil, its the ONLY place I can get the correct mix of want I want. A woman with a slightly darker skin tone as appose to Chevy truck white like you would find in much of FSU and Scandinavia. An ass that won't quit and some boobies just to balance her out, mighty impressive in a bikini.

That's for ME, not for anybody else.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby eurobrat » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Chevy truck white? Never heard that one before lol
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby davewe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:31 pm

OutWest wrote: I really think you need to get out more. You seem to know very little of the world. I suspect you are quite unhappy and unsuccessful within the USA (Or Canada) and you really hope that everyone else is as unhappy and unsuccessful as you are now.

Do you have any idea what a silly little man you sound like making up rules for others, often men who have lived and traveled all over
the world and know well of what they speak?

You are desperately hoping that your unhappiness is common to all, but it it not. Travel, live some life, live in 3 or 4 countries and THEN you may be better able to make some intelligent observations about what is common to the world. One thing you will notice about men who have really been around is that they are often reluctant to make rules about what can and cannot happen. Having really lived, they know well that patterns may exist, but ANYTHING can happen, and often does.

You sound very young and unhappy to boot, and you have no idea what you are talking about. Educate yourself, travel, live. In all of that you may find some happiness if you are paying attention.

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines


+1

The sad thing is how many people think this, even on a board like this where many middle aged guys have younger and attractive wives and gfs.

We do tend as human to rationalize away things that we see right in front of us, just to support our view of the world.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby djfourmoney » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:47 pm

eurobrat wrote:Chevy truck white? Never heard that one before lol


LOL...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQxT5rugYPM[/youtube]
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby eurobrat » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:50 pm

....
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby djfourmoney » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:01 pm

davewe wrote:
OutWest wrote: I really think you need to get out more. You seem to know very little of the world. I suspect you are quite unhappy and unsuccessful within the USA (Or Canada) and you really hope that everyone else is as unhappy and unsuccessful as you are now.

Do you have any idea what a silly little man you sound like making up rules for others, often men who have lived and traveled all over
the world and know well of what they speak?

You are desperately hoping that your unhappiness is common to all, but it it not. Travel, live some life, live in 3 or 4 countries and THEN you may be better able to make some intelligent observations about what is common to the world. One thing you will notice about men who have really been around is that they are often reluctant to make rules about what can and cannot happen. Having really lived, they know well that patterns may exist, but ANYTHING can happen, and often does.

You sound very young and unhappy to boot, and you have no idea what you are talking about. Educate yourself, travel, live. In all of that you may find some happiness if you are paying attention.

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines


+1

The sad thing is how many people think this, even on a board like this where many middle aged guys have younger and attractive wives and gfs.

We do tend as human to rationalize away things that we see right in front of us, just to support our view of the world.


I agree Dave is hard to break that grip that your reality is not what you believe it is. The fact is you can improve your lot going overseas; As long as you don't believe its some Candy Land that will solve all your social problems. It won't fix awkwardness but some women might see that as endearing not a negative.

Women from developing nations are looking for providers. Women from mature industrial powers are looking for companionship firstly. The reason why this fails for a majority of men in America because we are stuck between some idealized version of reality and the truth. Women in America want it both ways, to be a provider despite having their own money and less impacted by the crisis. You have to earn more money than they do, especially if you don't look like some suave famous actor.

This is WHY you go overseas so you don't have to deal with such standards. This is why your pool of women opens up. The women in all honestly don't look any better than the best woman you dated in your youth (in most cases). However they do in-fact tend to be younger and in better shape.

You must have a CAN DO, attitude however, being a Debbie Doubter will get you nowhere as this adventure is not for the faint of heart at all. It takes GUTS to take RISK.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby Rock » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0jhl70TRU[/youtube]
[/quote]

This vid u posted is 1 of a 7 part series which is clearly feminist propaganda. Why did u post it anyway? I especially like the part about Thai women being obedient to their men. That's a good one, lol. Thai women, especially the Issanites who make up the bulk of Thai foreign brides, tend to be strong and fiercely independent. I would say more legislation should be enacted to protect the men from the foreign bride's scams once they get their foot into the man's country, not the other way around. A country's first obligation should be to protect its own citizens, not foreigner opportunists.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby Rock » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:42 pm

djfourmoney wrote:The women in all honestly don't look any better than the best woman you dated in your youth (in most cases).


That absolutely does not have to be the case for the guy who travels and expats optimally, unless he was a bad-boy alpha who pulled 8-9s in his youth.

Certainly not true in my own case, not by a long shot many times over. Ditto for certain expats I've known well over the years.

Fact is, if u do the career/money thing right and mature internally as a man, your most attractive time should be 30s maybe even pushing into 40. At this stage, u have the ideal mix of mature youthful and healthy good looks (if u take care of yourself) plus status/power as a career/money man in the real world. For an extreme example, consider Bill Clinton soon before he won his first presidential campaign.

I don't know about u, I didn't get shit as a kid, didn't even scratch the surface or register on the radar screen of women.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby davewe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 pm

[quote="djfourmoney]You must have a CAN DO, attitude however, being a Debbie Doubter will get you nowhere as this adventure is not for the faint of heart at all. It takes GUTS to take RISK.[/quote]

It is easy to be a Debbie Doubter or Downer - I won't mention the obvious names on this board who fall into that description.

What is not surprising is that women try to shame men who date younger, hotter and foreign women; that's to be expected. The foreign women might potentionally break their monopoly.

But what is surprising and disturbing is how many men buy into the same crap.

Guys - open your minds, get on a plane and find out for yourselves. It ain't all like Kansas.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby terminator » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:01 pm

WuFan wrote:I looked through all the testimonials on various mail order bride sites and I couldn´t find a single couple where the wife was significantly better looking than the guy. As a matter of fact they were all equally matched.

Even Winston ended up dating and getting a girl pregnant that was in his league, although she did have a decent body.

The only exception I can think of is that Mark Davies guy. However his wife would be considered average looking by Eastern European standards and he seems to be loaded.

However unfortunately money can´t buy you love. Relationships like that are pretty much the same as prostitution. Just watch 1:10 to see what I mean.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0jhl70TRU[/youtube]


You are obscessed with looks - OK they are a factor, but if they are everything, why are old people still married and not out trawling for a young hottie?
terminator
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot], yick and 8 guests