Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Even if you go overseas you can't date up...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forever Aloners would disagree with looks being everything

Postby Introvert » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147345103

WuFan, these guys seem to say the same thing you're saying about looks. However, there's more to the story than JUST looks.
Introvert
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:59 pm







Postby eurobrat » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 pm

...
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Truthville » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:33 am

Good looking people on average have much better and friendly personalities because they were treated well their whole lives and thus developed great social skills because of that. They´re also more intelligent. Those are undeniable, scientifically proven facts. Do your research.


I love this SINCE I personally can attest to this being so much pseudo-science bullshit.

1.) You see WuFan, I have a friend whom, by your "criteria" would be at least a 9 out of 10 on your "scale."

You know what? Stupid, ignorant and just plain dumb. The "exception" to the rule? NOPE! MOST very attractive people I have met are pretty much the same. WHEN you focus most of your self-attention on your appearance, you really don't have the desire to develop your intellect. Like my friend, he has used his "looks" to get what he wants BUT as he has gotten older, I believe he has found that most people DON'T buy it anymore. Not because he looks older, BUT because people actually mature and figure out, usually after horrible experiences dating solely by "looks," that "looks" don't really matter much in the long run in pursuit of a fulfilling ADULT relationship.

2.)I have superior "social" skills DESPITE being treated pretty badly by family, friends, and acquaintances! Why? Because I believe it's part genetic (mom and dad have superior social skills) and part practice! I can and have talked and related to any kind of person from the lowest to the highest. The notion that it's because of my "looks" is so pathetically wrong, that it's funny.

2 last things WuFan?

1.)Your little dating "experiment?" I did something similar WAY BACK in 2002. I used a male model picture and got 3 responses! I said I was rich and accomplished etc....... Besides, the "women" who responded to your "profile" were, in actually, probably gay men anyway!

2.)That picture of the horrid looking blonde with the fake tan, shrewish thin face, and the fake breasts? YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! And to answer the question you are probably thinking, NO! I would not sleep or even be seen in public with such an UNNATURAL looking "women!" Believe it!

I guess you are mid-20's or so? As you get older, you will HOPEFULLY find that things like "looks" and validation from other men tend to fade away in importance.
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
Truthville
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 am

Postby eurobrat » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:44 am

...
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:01 am

davewe wrote:[quote="djfourmoney]You must have a CAN DO, attitude however, being a Debbie Doubter will get you nowhere as this adventure is not for the faint of heart at all. It takes GUTS to take RISK.[/quote]

It is easy to be a Debbie Doubter or Downer - I won't mention the obvious names on this board who fall into that description.

What is not surprising is that women try to shame men who date younger, hotter and foreign women; that's to be expected. The foreign women might potentionally break their monopoly.

But what is surprising and disturbing is how many men buy into the same crap.

Guys - open your minds, get on a plane and find out for yourselves. It ain't all like Kansas.[/quote]


Right and I agree fully. Anybody that has never been out of the country making assumptions... Wow that is strictly an American thing.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby Teal Lantern » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:20 am

WuFan wrote:Good looking people on average have much better and friendly personalities because they were treated well their whole lives and thus developed great social skills because of that. They´re also more intelligent. Those are undeniable, scientifically proven facts. Do your research.

Would this explain why you use your a$$ for a hat? You're not happy with your looks? Ay, que lastima!


You´re just picking out strawman clichees why hot women are bitchy because they are unattainable for you and rejected you your entire life. It´s ego protection.



Riiiiiiiight. A difference of opinion couldn't have anything to do with observation and experience. It just means I can't attain them and have been rejected my entire life. :roll: :roll: Projection much? You're the one complaining about looks meaning everything. :lol:

Oh, well, fools rush in ... .

Since I have "been rejected" my entire life, enough of my opinions...
Let's ask some guys that have (or HAD) money, fame, AND are known to have banged at least one "hot woman"...
-- Marrying "supermodel" (and single mommy) Heidi "fornicating with the help" Klum sure worked out well for Seal.
-- A certain golfer was kept very happy by his "model" wife, Elin Nordegren. Oh, wait... never mind. For some reason, he found a need to look for "amusement" elsewhere.
-- Any of the (ex) husbands of the "basketball wives".
-- For what Kobe paid in his split, he'd have done better going the p4p route. :lol:

Many of the guys on HA learned, years ago, what these celebrity guys have paid a $#!tload of money to learn. Only for a lot less grief and cash.
Feel free to go learn your lesson the hard way, though. :)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 am

Rock wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:The women in all honestly don't look any better than the best woman you dated in your youth (in most cases).


That absolutely does not have to be the case for the guy who travels and expats optimally, unless he was a bad-boy alpha who pulled 8-9s in his youth.

Certainly not true in my own case, not by a long shot many times over. Ditto for certain expats I've known well over the years.

Fact is, if u do the career/money thing right and mature internally as a man, your most attractive time should be 30s maybe even pushing into 40. At this stage, u have the ideal mix of mature youthful and healthy good looks (if u take care of yourself) plus status/power as a career/money man in the real world. For an extreme example, consider Bill Clinton soon before he won his first presidential campaign.

I don't know about u, I didn't get sh** as a kid, didn't even scratch the surface or register on the radar screen of women.
\

0-10 = Yes "innocent" playing around with a half-white/half back girl named Misty (bright red hair) who used to follow me around...

10-20 = Not what I would call "active" from 10-16, but still some girls not one of them Black were interested in me. High School was a joke, 98% White town, interracial dating sort of taboo (unless you were on the Football team). Would have eventually found some middle ground if I we had stayed in the SFV and I continued at the local high school.

20-30 = I did okay. A BBW or two including my ex which was my longest relationship. The rest, attractive to so-so, mostly attractive, on the old scale 7-8.

30-40 = Nothing much, not willing to compromise which would mean women with children and fat women with children.

40-42 = Story still be written but I am handling the ending...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Even if you go overseas you can´t date up...

Postby celery2010 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:03 am

WuFan wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
WuFan wrote:
If I had to choose between being reborn as an average looking billionaire or being born broke with 10/10 looks I´d choose being born as a 10 every single time.



You're obviously delusional. An average looking billionaire could hire his own HAREM of 8's, 9's and 10's. The advantages of being a billionaire are so many it's not even funny. You're obviously a young kid that just doesn't understand the world.

And the same guy could go to places like Colombia, the Ukraine, Brazil and Thailand and build his very own Playboy Mansion and live the High Hefner lifestyle, heck he could even do it in the US.

The real contrast is an average looking guy making 350K vs very good looking dude who makes 75K-100K. That's a more realistic comparison. Or maybe if the guy was ridiculously ugly and/or creepy looking/short, you name it. If you are least average looking: money and status HELP A LOT!!

Let's all agree that Conan O'Brien is of average looks-- he was never really ever considered for People's top 50 hottest people. Now do you think that Conan can snag a nice looking 8 or 9 woman? You bet he can!!

Go visit Colombia, Thailand, China or the Ukraine. In these countries, MONEY IS EVERYTHING. Every single woman will choose a rich guy who can support them over a broke yet good looking guy. In these countries, there are tons of no good losers where making a good living is extremely difficult.
celery2010
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Postby OutWest » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:37 am

eurobrat wrote:I'm really getting sick of this forum full of these people. What happened to substance around here?


As a number of men have observed, when the mindless little trolls with the world experience and perspective of school boys
infest a forum, the adults move on.

Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby celery2010 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:54 am

In Asia, it is not uncommon for engineering geeks to marry beautiful women:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densha_Otoko_(drama)
Densha Otoko : A computer geek gets a beautiful woman and famously asks online message boards for advice in the dating process

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/101st_Marriage_Proposal
101st Marriage Proposal: This is a true Beauty and the Beast story and it's a very good heartwarming drama series
celery2010
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Postby WuFan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:45 am

So can anyone actually dispute anything I said with scientific facts?

All the replies on here so far are either "you´re wrong" or about some personal anecdotes.

Show me pictures of ugly or average looking guys marrying foreign hotties.
WuFan
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Postby chanta76 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:47 am

How do you add image to your post? I'm trying to show some pictures.
Last edited by chanta76 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby Rock » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:54 am

WuFan wrote:So can anyone actually dispute anything I said with scientific facts?

All the replies on here so far are either "you´re wrong" or about some personal anecdotes.

Show me pictures of ugly or average looking guys marrying foreign hotties.


Somewhere, I think both you and Winston made a good point about Taiwan and NE Asia in general - the guys are less attractive than Americans on average while the girls are much more attractive. That means the definition of average looking for a guy here is lower while that for a girl is higher.

What does that imply?

1. The average looking guy here (say USA 4), assuming he dates an average looking girl by local standards, dates a girl who would be considered above average back in USA (say USA 6).

2. The average looking American guy back home would be better than average looking here (say Taiwan 6). If he is able to date a girl who rates equally on the local scale (better than average, say Taiwan 6), then he will date a girl who is even better looking by USA standards (say USA 7).

Take a walk around Taiwan and you can see many such visually mismatched couples among the locals. Just ask Winston.

Now lots of white guys do go for unattractive types all over Asia. Certain white guys, esp. in Phils, seem to see 'beauty in the beast', lol. Sorry Davewe, just poking a bit of fun here.
But there are also some who play the local game and date way up looks wise. You can see such couples, especially in certain venues. But I'm not gonna take photos for you though to prove this. The onus is on you to get-up off your ass, travel somewhere interesting, and find it all out for yourself.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby chanta76 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 am

White guys that go to asia looking for an Asian girl friend fall in two category.

Either they have major Asian fetish and so much yellow fever ..her being Asian is all that matters. You see this in NYC ..white guys with ugly looking Asian girls that average asian guys wouldn't date but to the white guys they think they are in heaven.

Or the second category of white guys that look for an Asian wife is because Asian women in Asia are allot more feminine and traditional than American women.

In the Philippines and to some extent Thailand it's not uncommon to see old ugly white dudes with Asian girls that are half their age. Are these Asian girls hot? I don't think so BUT for these white guys to get a younger OK looking girl is allot better than what they can get back in the states.

Part of the reason why western men go overseas to look for a women is because the women over there act like women and are allot more feminine than American women.

Anyway I wanted to upload some pictures of average looking guys with prettier girl friends.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby OutWest » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 am

Rock wrote:
WuFan wrote:So can anyone actually dispute anything I said with scientific facts?

All the replies on here so far are either "you´re wrong" or about some personal anecdotes.

Show me pictures of ugly or average looking guys marrying foreign hotties.


Somewhere, I think both you and Winston made a good point about Taiwan and NE Asia in general - the guys are less attractive than Americans on average while the girls are much more attractive. That means the definition of average looking for a guy here is lower while that for a girl is higher.

What does that imply?

1. The average looking guy here (say USA 4), assuming he dates an average looking girl by local standards, dates a girl who would be considered above average back in USA (say USA 6).

2. The average looking American guy back home would be better than average looking here (say Taiwan 6). If he is able to date a girl who rates equally on the local scale (better than average, say Taiwan 6), then he will date a girl who is even better looking by USA standards (say USA 7).

Take a walk around Taiwan and you can see many such visually mismatched couples among the locals. Just ask Winston.

Now lots of white guys do go for unattractive types all over Asia. Certain white guys, esp. in Phils, seem to see 'beauty in the beast', lol. Sorry Davewe, just poking a bit of fun here.
But there are also some who play the local game and date way up looks wise. You can see such couples, especially in certain venues. But I'm not gonna take photos for you though to prove this. The onus is on you to get-up off your ass, travel somewhere interesting, and find it all out for yourself.



Very well said...as in Sorry dude, no one is going to do your "science" for you....get off your ass and discover the world.

Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests