Dangerous time to travel as an American?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Dangerous time to travel as an American?

Post by zboy1 »

With all the recent anti-American protests erupting throughout the world, is it a good time to avoid traveling until the tensions die down, or would it be better disguise yourself as Canadian (like wearing a Canadian flag pin on clothing) to avoid any kind of blowback? I ask because I have a friend who is White who will be traveling to Turkey next month. I don't have such a big problem myself because I'm Asian, and people think I'm from China or Japan anyway.

BTW, I'm pretty sick and tired of this country's stupid interventionist foreign policy, which makes it tough to be an American while overseas sometimes!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

designer
Freshman Poster

Re: Dangerous time to travel as an American?

Post by designer »

zboy1 wrote:With all the recent anti-American protests erupting throughout the world, is it a good time to avoid traveling until the tensions die down, or would it be better disguise yourself as Canadian (like wearing a Canadian flag pin on clothing) to avoid any kind of blowback? I ask because I have a friend who is White who will be traveling to Turkey next month. I don't have such a big problem myself because I'm Asian, and people think I'm from China or Japan anyway.

BTW, I'm pretty sick and tired of this country's stupid interventionist foreign policy, which makes it tough to be an American while overseas sometimes!
??? Have you forgotten just how dangerous life is in America? Do you keep up with current events in the news? Like the Chicago Flash mobs?, The theater shootings, Military militias, child molesters, etc... Have you noticed that american cities and towns are urban hell holes where crime is rampant. Have you missed this? Where are you more vulnerable? Walking around Oslo Norway or Camden New Jersey? Which place would you choose? Use your brain mate.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

designer wrote:
zboy1 wrote:With all the recent anti-American protests erupting throughout the world, is it a good time to avoid traveling until the tensions die down, or would it be better disguise yourself as Canadian (like wearing a Canadian flag pin on clothing) to avoid any kind of blowback? I ask because I have a friend who is White who will be traveling to Turkey next month. I don't have such a big problem myself because I'm Asian, and people think I'm from China or Japan anyway.

??? Have you forgotten just how dangerous life is in America? Do you keep up with current events in the news? Like the Chicago Flash mobs?, The theater shootings, Military militias, child molesters, etc... Have you noticed that american cities and towns are urban hell holes where crime is rampant. Have you missed this? Where are you more vulnerable? Walking around Oslo Norway or Camden New Jersey? Which place would you choose? Use your brain mate.
I realize the U.S. is crime infested, but I'm talking about traveling internationally not domestically. I'm worried about my friend traveling to a predominantly Muslim (although secular) country during this time, that's all.
patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

Don't worry, Turkey is very western with lots of European and Russian tourists. Besides, your friend doesn't need to tell everyone he's American except when he's registering at a hotel.
The only way people would know he's American is when he's gonna act like the typical American toursist: always a loud voice, wearing sports clothes, fat etc
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

THANK YOU!!!!!
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

OTB, I miss you, dude!
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
WPO
Freshman Poster

Post by WPO »

designer wrote:

here here. Hell, I live approximately 25 minutes from camden! Ukraine sounds good right about now.
Go east, young man. Go east
designer
Freshman Poster

Post by designer »

Best way to get out of any tangles with muslims abroad is to tell them that you are from windsor, canada. Works everytime. Worked for me when some pakistani low lifes in the uk wanted to beat me up.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Why is mostly White men concerned about traveling???? If your in the Middle East, it is obvious to anybody that you believe MONEY is more important than personal safety.

Oh well, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it - Super Chicken
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

designer wrote:

ha ha dude i was working in camden one time and me and my co-worker went into a building for 20 minutes and came out to the car and is car was destroyed all the windows broken out and everything stolen.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Well I don't plan on going to the middle east anyways. But americans don't need to be afraid of traveling. This is the same fear tactic used during the bush era when bush was encouraging people to go to disney world (LMAO) I'm not gonna let this event stop me from traveling plus the place I'm going pretty much has no muslims.
WPO
Freshman Poster

Post by WPO »

***JP*** wrote:Well I don't plan on going to the middle east anyways. But americans don't need to be afraid of traveling. This is the same fear tactic used during the bush era when bush was encouraging people to go to disney world (LMAO) I'm not gonna let this event stop me from traveling plus the place I'm going pretty much has no muslims.
the obama era is starting to make many feel like prisoners in our own country.
Go east, young man. Go east