Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Poll: What electronic device do you use overseas?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What type of device do you use overseas?

Tablet
0
No votes
Desktop
1
14%
Remote Access
0
No votes
Smart Phone
1
14%
Laptop
3
43%
Other (explain)
2
29%
 
Total votes : 7

Poll: What electronic device do you use overseas?

Postby zacb » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:19 pm

I am kind of curious. And what type is the best for monitoring your business back home (on or offline)?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am
Location: Michigan







Postby E_Irizarry » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 pm

I use the following when I was overseas because I was trying to get into the music business in Australia which had epically failed because I was deemed to be "too aggressive and too meticulous"...and probably because I am "too big" too:

1. EDIROL MIDI Keyboard controller
Image

2. my 8-GB RAM OF DDR3 BUS WITH 750GB of Disk space on-deck with a 1TB eSATA motherboard-connector with lovely speeds

3. and a MXL USB.009 USB microphone that renders sound at a bit depth of 24-bits at a sample frequency of 96kHz (Studio-DVD like quality)
Image
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby E_Irizarry » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:06 pm

The EDIROL, which is software fine-tuning locking into a free MIDI channel, can play VST (Virtual Studio Technology) (-->Think of a big-a_ss Korg keyboard able to be played as proxy software emulator at your fingertips!!),

I would pitch modulate the c_rap out of notes as if my name were LA Reid & Babyface or Jam and Lewis. Hardly any other producers did that sh_it...okay the late Roger too, George Clinton, and Stevie Wonder.

Ooops I cannot forget two more things:

(1) An Isolation filter for the BACK of the USB mic
Image

(2) A pop screen for the FRONT of the USB mic
Image
Last edited by E_Irizarry on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby ***JP*** » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:12 pm

I marked laptop but I also use my smartphone cause the phone I have is factory unlocked so when I am in Lithuania I put in a lithuanian SIM card on my phone.
***JP***
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Living happier abroad in Lithuania

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 pm

In 2008, I used a Motorola Rokr E6 (Asia-Pacific) Smart Phone. One of the few phones that ran on Linux before Android.

I also had a HP laptop that was left behind after my father passed away. It is 15.6 but not wide screen (16:9) its 4:3. AMD XP Single Core CPU. I still have it, I need to repair it however the charge port needs to be fixed, I'm lazy.

This time however the way things are shaping up for Black Friday, I will likely take my current laptop upgraded with a 256GB SSD and from 3GB to 4GB of RAM.

I will use my HTC G1 Smart Phone, it needs a new battery. I will get a slightly larger battery that still works with the stock battery cover. I will also upgrade it to Android 1.65 or higher, I am not sure yet. I will also root it and unlock it from T-Mobile as I can use any GSM SIM card.

Finally there will be several very good tablets available for $200 or less. Right now Fry's has the Android 3.2 Dell Streak 7 for $150... However the Nexus 7 is quad core with Bluetooth as well.

The main reason for the table is battery life and larger screen than my smart phone. Being quad core CPU, it easily handles 5th gen console emulation and with a Lenmar or Energizer, 10-11 flights to Europe or South America can be taken with ease with plenty of options to do with a powerful tablet.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby terminator » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Here's my device I use overseas. You should see what's in my garage at home!
Image
terminator
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Postby ***JP*** » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:09 pm

djfourmoney wrote:In 2008, I used a Motorola Rokr E6 (Asia-Pacific) Smart Phone. One of the few phones that ran on Linux before Android.

I also had a HP laptop that was left behind after my father passed away. It is 15.6 but not wide screen (16:9) its 4:3. AMD XP Single Core CPU. I still have it, I need to repair it however the charge port needs to be fixed, I'm lazy.

This time however the way things are shaping up for Black Friday, I will likely take my current laptop upgraded with a 256GB SSD and from 3GB to 4GB of RAM.

I will use my HTC G1 Smart Phone, it needs a new battery. I will get a slightly larger battery that still works with the stock battery cover. I will also upgrade it to Android 1.65 or higher, I am not sure yet. I will also root it and unlock it from T-Mobile as I can use any GSM SIM card.

Finally there will be several very good tablets available for $200 or less. Right now Fry's has the Android 3.2 Dell Streak 7 for $150... However the Nexus 7 is quad core with Bluetooth as well.

The main reason for the table is battery life and larger screen than my smart phone. Being quad core CPU, it easily handles 5th gen console emulation and with a Lenmar or Energizer, 10-11 flights to Europe or South America can be taken with ease with plenty of options to do with a powerful tablet.



T mobile will unlock it. One good thing about them is that they are willing to unlock your phone after a certain period you are with them. Last time I went to Lithuania I used my old HTC Nexus One but this time I'm going with my new Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus 7 does have bluetooth but it also has the NFC chip in it. So if you have a android phone with the NFC chip and android 4.0 you can take full advantage of Android Beam to transfer photos from your phone to the tablet.
***JP***
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Living happier abroad in Lithuania

Postby designer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 pm

What types of questions do the operatives on this site ask? Y'know, the ones who work for the cia and other organizations looking to keep taps on specific people. As if no one knows that there are some who frequent this site.
designer
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:00 pm

***JP*** wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:In 2008, I used a Motorola Rokr E6 (Asia-Pacific) Smart Phone. One of the few phones that ran on Linux before Android.

I also had a HP laptop that was left behind after my father passed away. It is 15.6 but not wide screen (16:9) its 4:3. AMD XP Single Core CPU. I still have it, I need to repair it however the charge port needs to be fixed, I'm lazy.

This time however the way things are shaping up for Black Friday, I will likely take my current laptop upgraded with a 256GB SSD and from 3GB to 4GB of RAM.

I will use my HTC G1 Smart Phone, it needs a new battery. I will get a slightly larger battery that still works with the stock battery cover. I will also upgrade it to Android 1.65 or higher, I am not sure yet. I will also root it and unlock it from T-Mobile as I can use any GSM SIM card.

Finally there will be several very good tablets available for $200 or less. Right now Fry's has the Android 3.2 Dell Streak 7 for $150... However the Nexus 7 is quad core with Bluetooth as well.

The main reason for the table is battery life and larger screen than my smart phone. Being quad core CPU, it easily handles 5th gen console emulation and with a Lenmar or Energizer, 10-11 flights to Europe or South America can be taken with ease with plenty of options to do with a powerful tablet.



T mobile will unlock it. One good thing about them is that they are willing to unlock your phone after a certain period you are with them. Last time I went to Lithuania I used my old HTC Nexus One but this time I'm going with my new Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus 7 does have bluetooth but it also has the NFC chip in it. So if you have a android phone with the NFC chip and android 4.0 you can take full advantage of Android Beam to transfer photos from your phone to the tablet.


I know how to unlock phones, I unlocked my cheap Nokia I had with me that was also T-Mobile while in Germany. I just liked using my Motorola because it had more features.

Lots of info on XDA Developers
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby ***JP*** » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:04 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
***JP*** wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:In 2008, I used a Motorola Rokr E6 (Asia-Pacific) Smart Phone. One of the few phones that ran on Linux before Android.

I also had a HP laptop that was left behind after my father passed away. It is 15.6 but not wide screen (16:9) its 4:3. AMD XP Single Core CPU. I still have it, I need to repair it however the charge port needs to be fixed, I'm lazy.

This time however the way things are shaping up for Black Friday, I will likely take my current laptop upgraded with a 256GB SSD and from 3GB to 4GB of RAM.

I will use my HTC G1 Smart Phone, it needs a new battery. I will get a slightly larger battery that still works with the stock battery cover. I will also upgrade it to Android 1.65 or higher, I am not sure yet. I will also root it and unlock it from T-Mobile as I can use any GSM SIM card.

Finally there will be several very good tablets available for $200 or less. Right now Fry's has the Android 3.2 Dell Streak 7 for $150... However the Nexus 7 is quad core with Bluetooth as well.

The main reason for the table is battery life and larger screen than my smart phone. Being quad core CPU, it easily handles 5th gen console emulation and with a Lenmar or Energizer, 10-11 flights to Europe or South America can be taken with ease with plenty of options to do with a powerful tablet.



T mobile will unlock it. One good thing about them is that they are willing to unlock your phone after a certain period you are with them. Last time I went to Lithuania I used my old HTC Nexus One but this time I'm going with my new Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus 7 does have bluetooth but it also has the NFC chip in it. So if you have a android phone with the NFC chip and android 4.0 you can take full advantage of Android Beam to transfer photos from your phone to the tablet.


I know how to unlock phones, I unlocked my cheap Nokia I had with me that was also T-Mobile while in Germany. I just liked using my Motorola because it had more features.

Lots of info on XDA Developers



XDA only shows how to root it and unlock the bootloader to be able to install custom roms. T mobile gives you the SIM unlock code for free. When you call customer service all you have to do is give them the IMEI number of the phone and in 24 hours you receive your SIM unlock code via email.
***JP***
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Living happier abroad in Lithuania

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 pm

designer wrote:What types of questions do the operatives on this site ask? Y'know, the ones who work for the cia and other organizations looking to keep taps on specific people. As if no one knows that there are some who frequent this site.


Tin Foil much?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:15 pm

***JP*** wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
***JP*** wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:In 2008, I used a Motorola Rokr E6 (Asia-Pacific) Smart Phone. One of the few phones that ran on Linux before Android.

I also had a HP laptop that was left behind after my father passed away. It is 15.6 but not wide screen (16:9) its 4:3. AMD XP Single Core CPU. I still have it, I need to repair it however the charge port needs to be fixed, I'm lazy.

This time however the way things are shaping up for Black Friday, I will likely take my current laptop upgraded with a 256GB SSD and from 3GB to 4GB of RAM.

I will use my HTC G1 Smart Phone, it needs a new battery. I will get a slightly larger battery that still works with the stock battery cover. I will also upgrade it to Android 1.65 or higher, I am not sure yet. I will also root it and unlock it from T-Mobile as I can use any GSM SIM card.

Finally there will be several very good tablets available for $200 or less. Right now Fry's has the Android 3.2 Dell Streak 7 for $150... However the Nexus 7 is quad core with Bluetooth as well.

The main reason for the table is battery life and larger screen than my smart phone. Being quad core CPU, it easily handles 5th gen console emulation and with a Lenmar or Energizer, 10-11 flights to Europe or South America can be taken with ease with plenty of options to do with a powerful tablet.



T mobile will unlock it. One good thing about them is that they are willing to unlock your phone after a certain period you are with them. Last time I went to Lithuania I used my old HTC Nexus One but this time I'm going with my new Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus 7 does have bluetooth but it also has the NFC chip in it. So if you have a android phone with the NFC chip and android 4.0 you can take full advantage of Android Beam to transfer photos from your phone to the tablet.


I know how to unlock phones, I unlocked my cheap Nokia I had with me that was also T-Mobile while in Germany. I just liked using my Motorola because it had more features.

Lots of info on XDA Developers



XDA only shows how to root it and unlock the bootloader to be able to install custom roms. T mobile gives you the SIM unlock code for free. When you call customer service all you have to do is give them the IMEI number of the phone and in 24 hours you receive your SIM unlock code via email.


I am on AT&T now not T-Mobile. If I need to hit the store I will.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 am

E_Irizarry wrote:I use the following when I was overseas because I was trying to get into the music business in Australia which had epically failed because I was deemed to be "too aggressive and too meticulous"...and probably because I am "too big" too:

1. EDIROL MIDI Keyboard controller
Image

2. my 8-GB RAM OF DDR3 BUS WITH 750GB of Disk space on-deck with a 1TB eSATA motherboard-connector with lovely speeds

3. and a MXL USB.009 USB microphone that renders sound at a bit depth of 24-bits at a sample frequency of 96kHz (Studio-DVD like quality)
Image


Dayum, nyugga! You brought all that shite to Australia? That thing bigger than you! :lol:
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 am

Re: Poll: What electronic device do you use overseas?

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 am

zacb wrote:I am kind of curious. And what type is the best for monitoring your business back home (on or offline)?


Zacb,
I take a laptop and my blackberry. I would be lost without my blackberry.

The way I do my business is that I build various virtual machines and I carry them on a 500mb 2.5 inch drive. I can run two machines at the same time off my laptop. I got an i5 4GB memory ASUS laptop at a steal of a price off amazon germany as an end of model sale.

So all I need where ever I go is to buy a mobile internet device and I am in business. I used to spend up to 10 months a year away from home so I had to make sure that I was able to do everything I needed on the road.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:19 am

designer wrote:What types of questions do the operatives on this site ask? Y'know, the ones who work for the cia and other organizations looking to keep taps on specific people. As if no one knows that there are some who frequent this site.

They don't ask questions...they just slander me and called me a paedophile...you would think they would come up with something new.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 4 guests