Have you gotten to the point of saying screw it to society?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Have you gotten to the point of saying screw it to society?

Post by zacb »

I have just had about of cultural expectations that I can stand. In making living (standard 9-5logic), the politics(everyone seems paranoid about one thing or another, or about some justice for some cause that is just another excuse for another power grab), the either complete lack of personal responsibility or turning it into another white mans burden, the overemphasis on money (I am not against money, heck I am libertarian. But it should be an output of a passion, not lifes main goal), and just the overall lack of intelligence( now did that go away with the chemtrails, publc education, or fluoride in the water?).
Last edited by zacb on September 29th, 2012, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
PrisonerOfLife
Freshman Poster

Post by PrisonerOfLife »

Yes. The false guise of gender equality (in spite of the fact the the genders could not be MORE unequal) and the hypocrisy embraced by the masses had led me to not give a f**k about 99% of people.

I will never get laid or be in a relationship in the west but I honestly don't care anymore. I've seen the depths I'd need to sink to in order to get with the women here and it just doesn't interest me.

Unfortunately I'll have to pick between working in the USA for the rest of my life or taking a 6 month break to visit a new country and ruining my career prospects here.

I'm starting to think that women aren't worth going abroad for, but at the same time my curiosity is consuming me. The way I see it, one cannot put significant energy into women without compromising some other area of one's life.

It's sad to think about it, but women have everything offered to them and appreciate nothing. Men in this society, on the other hand, are happy with the leftover table scraps known as Western Women because they are trained to believe that they are unworthy.

Western values are all f***ed up.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Amen bro. I don't know your budget, but perhaps you could save up 2,000 and visit PI (The hotels are dirt cheap, like 4 dollars cheap). I have the same feeling, although I have other reasons for going abroad besides romance (economic), so I have even more of a reason to move, since I could live for less, have a better standard of living, and cash ut the chips while they are still worth something (dollars).
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Selectively so. I have learned not to get emotional about such matters but to be a selective opportunist who picks and chooses the best things while avoids or gets around, other, unpleasant things. I have also learned to be discreet and not to open up to people too much, or again do so selectively and on a need to know basis. Stealth + opportunism + at the same time discreet work to benefit humanity. This is the formula that has been working for me.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I have given up but I must work these final four years to qualify for a pension. Everyday I ponder whether I should retire now and live off of my savings and I always convince myself to stick it out.

I have checked out of American society long ago. My financial security for life will be assured soon and then I will say sayanara.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Everyday I ponder whether I should retire now and live off of my savings ...
I took the plunge and tried to live off of my savings and blew some 86k in 5 years and that was while still working abroad. Pretty girls took most of it. Now, I am back in the US trying to contribute to my social security again for the times when I am old and frail and can't work anymore. You are doing good by sticking it out.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes, I don't associate with most people, because conforming requires that you deny yourself to fit in with others. And plus, most people cause nothing but stress and conflict, and are emotionally draining to be around. Friction and arguments are almost inevitable around most people, who are a waste of time and energy anyway. Most people are like energy vampires, so unless there's a good reason to deal with them or they are super nice, why bother?

The only way to have real peace is to be alone most of the time, or be with a compatible partner or a few quality friends.

I started a thread about this here:
viewtopic.php?t=15051

Almost everyone on the ATS forum agreed with me too:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread861105/pg1
Last edited by Winston on September 30th, 2012, 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

ladislav wrote:Selectively so. I have learned not to get emotional about such matters but to be a selective opportunist who picks and chooses the best things while avoids or gets around, other, unpleasant things. I have also learned to be discreet and not to open up to people too much, or again do so selectively and on a need to know basis. Stealth + opportunism + at the same time discreet work to benefit humanity. This is the formula that has been working for me.
I agree. I don't think many people can totally say "screw it" to society!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Have you gotten to the point of saying screw it to socie

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:I have just had about of cultural expectations that I can stand. In making living (standard 9-5logic), the politics(everyone seems paranoid about one thing or another, or about some justice for some cause that is just another excuse for another power grab), the either complete lack of personal responsibility or turning it into another white mans burden, the overemphasis on money (I am not against money, heck I am libertarian. But it should be an output of a passion, not lifes main goal), and just the overall lack of intelligence( now did that go away with the chemtrails, publc education, or fluoride in the water?).
With the line of work you're interested in, you can do business anywhere with a decent web connection speed, or at least where your clients have it. Live in downtown metropolis, if you like people. Middle of the sticks on a 50 acre spread without another neighbor for miles, if you don't want to be bothered.

Well water (no fluoride) treated to your specs, no power bill (net cost) if you go solar or let them put up a few of those huge wind turbines across your land. Grow a few veggies on your land, to mitigate food costs.

When you get tired of "mainstream culture", turn off the T.V.

In fact, just knowing that such options are available can lower your stress level, even if you never go that route, because you know that you have that "escape valve" if you ever decide to drop out of the rat race. 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Another roll the eyes moment on HA...

Look, when society never learns from its errors its doomed to repeat them.

Being Libertarian (the new title for Moderate Republicans) won't save you or make the people you hang out with more pleasant.

The United States is going through a series of problems it has been unwilling to deal with directly.

There is the legacy of Slavery, Genocide of the American Indian, Class Warfare, Individualistic culture (another excuse for identifying with being a Libertarian) and anti-collectivism/community.

You can drop out of the rat race but people want to earn an income through traditional means. There plenty of answers out there if you bothered to look but most people rather complain than to come up with ideas.

I've already dropped out of the job market. There no jobs here and I am not relocating to some gawd awful part of the country. I am preparing for life on my own terms in another part of the world.

Sure I'll return home because California when all is said and done will be better off than the majority of the country. Watch Earth 2100 that is based on scientific data and opinions from people that understand energy, ecology, anthropology and politics.

The West and Northeast will be the places to be in the future.

Western Europe will also make the adjustment because they are already in motion. They are way ahead of the US on energy policy and public transportation.

The Birch Society has been saying there's fluoride in the water since my childhood (1970's, 1980's). They have been saying that since the 1950's...

Is it true? I don't know Peabody, get a testing kit and find out, otherwise stop listening to the various outlets that promote that stuff.

As far as I know there is no fluoride in LA's water supply.

I really don't know what people expect me to do anyway, you go out and get your head cracked open by protesting. I won't be doing that.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

So this means I am an extreme moderate? Just joking. I think to a certain extent you are right, but while I agree we have individualism, that does not mean being an island unto yourself. In addition, unless it is tempered by personal responsibility, you are right in saying things have gone awry in this way. And class warefare is the direct result of a falling value of the dollar. Also,like you said there are things people will never learn, and thus we go through cycles. Stefan Molnuzlxonce pointed out that the problem with society is that they become rich, then complacent, then give up any civil liberties they have. And so to avoid the long term reprecussions that can not be avoid (for the are a part of our collective zeitgeist), I figure that I will live my life my way better if I leverage different country's strengths or weaknesses.

Not to be rude man, but I don't see how libertarianism is moderate. If saying we should abolish the state and have a voluntary society is moderate, can you volunteer some money to my superpac good sir :D? And let me just point out that that is my personal opinion, and libertarianism is a vast philosopy that spans many types. So please, do more research before you generalize. Not every liberal is a communist, not every comservative is a fascist, and not every independant is moderate. Good day sir:) !
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Yes, which is why I have been looking for alternatives. The only sane cultures that I am aware of are Orthodox Judaism and Japan, and I chose Judaism.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Libertarian means less government not no government. A strict constitutional government. Aka leave the people alone. Marijuana has never killed anybody. No gun control. No IRS stealing from the people. Simple
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I was saying for myself, but I appreciate you pointing that out. I did however state that it is a wide philosophy, so yeah. And I did not say I was against governance per se. I am actually more for competitive governance.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

Quit the bitching and get back to work.

Thinking outside the box is dangerous and should be banned.

It´s important to bust your ass so that you can be rewarded with a used up average looking chubby girl that bosses you around and eventually denies you sex and turns into a balloon.

Then eventually she shits out an ugly kid and the wonderful circle of life begins all over again.