Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Is it me or does it seem like there are flavors of the month

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Is it me or does it seem like there are flavors of the month

Postby zacb » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 pm

h. What I mean is for a few weeks someone will be ranting (good or bad) about something, and that seems to be the predominate theme. Example: for awhile, there was a bunch of post about _______ American Women Are Horrible!, then it switches to Hitler and David Duke (I ave no problem with David Duke, although he is wrong in some areas), and then something else. I am not saying it is good or bad, just is. Any thoughts?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:01 am

Part of it is Winston stirring the pot.

He reads a lot, studies a lot. He then uses this forum as a conversation forum, to talk about what interests him at the moment.

But he also knows that controversial topics bring outrageous non-PC responses. Which brings clicks, and revenue.

Winston has discovered that the human intellect is yearning to break free, like a caged tiger. And he is not above banging on the cage to stir up a few growls.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ginger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:58 pm

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Very insightful Jester. Plus I have a thing for controversial topics. They stimulate me and are my "juice" so to speak. Convention bores me. I am a natural contrarian too. That's why I don't fit in anywhere.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Ginger » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:34 am

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:16 am

Ginger wrote:
I do thrive on controlled chaos, it's why I love forums, YEY. Thanks for having this site. Helps me survive existing in the Philippines, which is generally too predictable-boring-conventional.

Now ya got me worried.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to General Discussions