Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Something i want to share.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Jacaré » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 am

Good stuff Cheeze Raiders!i'm happy for you that you have escaped from the tentacles of the Matrix for good. I agree with you about what you said on offering your services for free initially to gain the much needed hands on and on the job experience and exposure to the key players. I'm also trying to achieve the same. Would love to have any more tips or suggestions you could provide me either here or by pm. Thanks a million!

Ginger,
If I may ask, what kind of work are you doing?
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Postby Ginger » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Ginger wrote:
Right after college I wanted to get a job (which requires master's degree, ongoing PhD, at least 5 years of clinical experience and 5 years of field/on the job experience). It was crazy. I did not want to go through all that (and I don't the time nor the resources) so what I did was to volunteer as an assistant while working another job. The best way to learn the ropes is by experience, and from that, coupled with the help of blogging, someone did notice my hunger and passion for the job and helped train me, and within a year, I got the dream job I want.

This is a great example for anyone.
+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions