Do you ever feel like the people on here are kind of like...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Do you ever feel like the people on here are kind of like...

Post by zacb »

Family? Idk, but for me, this forum seems so close, that it seems like a family of sorts. (In a good way of course).
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Yeah but are we the kind of relatives that you would want to introduce your friends to?

:wink:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Our ideas and topics are censored in mainstream daily life, and thus, we're more similar than we think because this forum is our way of putting down our defenses and pseudo-acting skills.

There's no way I could either look like or behave like my avatar in polite company.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Jester wrote:Yeah but are we the kind of relatives that you would want to introduce your friends to?

:wink:
LOL true. Wait, what friends? :)

And S-Parc, I kind of agree. Half the stuff on here is taboo in mainstream life. Perhaps this is kind of like a digital version of the clubs mentioned in here: http://artofmanliness.com/2012/04/12/hi ... r-america/ (btw, in and of itself it is quite a read)
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

S_Parc wrote:Our ideas and topics are censored in mainstream daily life, and thus, we're more similar than we think because this forum is our way of putting down our defenses and pseudo-acting skills.

There's no way I could either look like or behave like my avatar in polite company.
I actually kind of picture in my head that everybody is identical to their avatar picture. S_Parc, I can't imagine you NOT looking, sounding, and acting like Doc Brown. Same goes for E_Izzy looking like Stewie Griffin in a Darth Vader costume, same goes for Jester looking like a roaring 20's old guy who loves fine food and wine, same goes for Contrarian Expatriate dressing up all dapper as the man in his avatar.

My avatar picture is right on the money in terms of the physical physique - not so much the face, hair, and skin complexion though.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

S_Parc wrote:
:lol:
I don't have that problem!!!!!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
I actually kind of picture in my head that everybody is identical to their avatar picture....same goes for Jester looking like a roaring 20's old guy who loves fine food and wine...
{shrugs and grins, rises from his seat, bows dramatically, sits back down, reaches for the wine bottle, refills his glass...}
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Jester wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
I actually kind of picture in my head that everybody is identical to their avatar picture....same goes for Jester looking like a roaring 20's old guy who loves fine food and wine...
{shrugs and grins, rises from his seat, bows dramatically, sits back down, reaches for the wine bottle, refills his glass...}
Just what is the story behind your avatar picture?? I feel like I just drew a Community Chest card! :lol:

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:S_Parc, I can't imagine you NOT looking, sounding, and acting like Doc Brown.
I guess I have something to look forward to in my old age :) , when I'm not longer forced to put on a facade and pretend that society's opinions matter, in terms of making a living :wink:

Yes, my avatar is the real inner me. What you see today, if you were living in Massachusetts, is simply the front, hiding it from plain view.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

S_Parc wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:S_Parc, I can't imagine you NOT looking, sounding, and acting like Doc Brown.
I guess I have something to look forward to in my old age :) , when I'm not longer forced to put on a facade and pretend that society's opinions matter, in terms of making a living :wink:

Yes, my avatar is the real inner me. What you see today, if you were living in Massachusetts, is simply the front, hiding it from plain view.
I never really thought about it, but you could say that Doc Brown was a bit of a red piller, too. He thought completely out of the box. And those damned Lybians were the blue pillers. (or maybe even sentinels...)

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
Jester wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
Just what is the story behind your avatar picture?? I feel like I just drew a Community Chest card! :lol:
RLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yagotme, bro!!!!!

Actually, back in the day, I did do a photo shoot for Parker Brothers.... the rest is history...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

S_Parc wrote: I guess I have something to look forward to in my old age :) , when I'm not longer forced to put on a facade and pretend that society's opinions matter, in terms of making a living :wink:

Dick Dale, the great surf guitarist, once said, as you get older, you get stronger. It's true. After a while you just don't give a damn what anyone thinks. There is power in that.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Jester wrote:After a while you just don't give a damn what anyone thinks. There is power in that.
Still, it's better to have banked some cash, before really making it too obvious :wink:

While one's in the mode of collecting income, some modicum of appearance does matter.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

S_Parc wrote:Our ideas and topics are censored in mainstream daily life, and thus, we're more similar than we think because this forum is our way of putting down our defenses and pseudo-acting skills.

I 2nd that. I probably wouldn't be able to comport myself too well. More than likely, I'd become a politically-incorrect wanker. LOL ....especially if there's at least one woman at the table with a nice arse or if she were a blatant femhag I probably would speak up and challenge her femspeak in the most Paul-Ryan-esque way (I don't like him - it was just an "e.g.").
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

S_Parc wrote:
Jester wrote:After a while you just don't give a damn what anyone thinks. There is power in that.
Still, it's better to have banked some cash, before really making it too obvious :wink:

While one's in the mode of collecting income, some modicum of appearance does matter.
Good point.

So maybe THAT'S my problem.