Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Do Asian People Seem More Friendly Overall?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Do Asian People Seem More Friendly Overall?

Postby zacb » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm

I don't know why, but a good chunk of my friends that I connected with in my childhood were Asian. I know it sounds weird, but even when I was six, I seemed to connect better. Any thoughts.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby zboy1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:15 pm

No, it's not that unusual actually. Some people connect better with those outside of their own race than they do with their own. Maybe they don't like some of the characteristics of their own race and 'fit in' better with another. To be honest, I have found white groups to be somewhat selfish, classist, and always acting like they are better than other races or groups of people; I shouldn't generalize, but that has been my experience growing up.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:17 pm

And don't think that some people say the same about Asians; for example, Ladislav is always complaining about Asians in his posts, so I guess it depends on the person and their personalities.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Are you talking about Asian Americans or Asians in Asia?
In the US I found Mexican Americans to be the friendliest group followed by Black Americans- at least when it comes to one-on-one interactions. Asian Americans in the US seem to be just into work and study and they rarely have time to talk to anyone, so I don't really know.
White people in the US also vary by area. In the Midwest they seem humble but it also depends on the state and class and all.

Keep in mind that you are talking about different types of Americans and their behavior. And America has five-six tribes each one with an assigned stereotypical behavior as based on US history. People are often forced to conform to these stereotypes. Europeans are expected to start acting Anglo, Asians are supposed to act nerdy or mix noodles, Hispanics are supposed to be in la Raza, etc.

People outside of the US are totally different and act according to their nationality, not a broad US- created 'race' category.

If you mean Asians in Asia, most act kind of like their European counterparts on the other side of the Eurasian mass. The Japanese seem to act like Germans, the Koreans- like the Irish, the Filipinos- like the Italians.

A lot of it depends on who and what you are, how much money you have and what your status is in society. In most Asian countries they will always treat white people like English speaking foreigners and guests and either treat them like guests or just ignore them like they do not exist. Do not know how they treat other Asians. Also rich and famous people are treated well there while if you are poor, you get treated badly.
Hard to say, really.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby pete98146 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:45 pm

I think it's fair that most people are nicer than Americans (sad but true statement). I've only been to three Asian countries and my findings are as follows:

1. Philippines. People are very friendly and curious. It's just their nature to be fun loving. I can be a very goofy and laid back so I tend to fit in with them well. You'd have a difficult time finding a friendlier group of people.

2. Thailand. Because I'm 50 and my wife is 20 years younger than me and asian, they automatically assume she's a Issan working girl. They intitially are rude until they discover my wife isn't a working girl and she's not Thai. Upon learning this they turn rather nice instantly. It's funny to see this instant about face. I do think the farther away you are from Bangkok, the nicer the Thais are. Just think they are very tired of the sexpat scene.

3. Vietnam. Almost the opposite of Philippines. Not much interaction from the general populace because of the language barrier. Vietnamese are very hard working, serious and but laid back. I experienced some rudeness but that is their way. They are very direct. My guess is that if I were in China it would be a similar experience.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby momopi » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:10 am

There are some 4 billion people that lives in Asia. The question is way too broad.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Falcon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 am

I can say for sure that new people whom I'd meet in Mexico would be far more outgoing and extroverted than those from China or Western Europe. The Chinese would usually be more reserved, though that doesn't mean they're not friendly.

Friendliness comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes. It's expressed differently according to different social conventions. However, I would still rate Mexico as being friendlier than China overall.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions