How do you deal with intrusive personal questions?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

How do you deal with intrusive personal questions?

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

Basically, I've been slightly bothered by how some people like to inquire about things that shouldn't really concern them at all. Given that everyone has a big freaking mouth and everybody has to talk here in the US, I feel like you're a lot better off not exposing yourself and keeping quiet about your personal life. Everyone on here damn well knows that people in the US are very judgemental and gossipy, so with that being said I dislike having to answer questions like:

What do you do for a living? (gauging your income and social status - you are what you do for a living afterall/I find this one real intrusive)

How old are you? (I guess you're NEVER supposed to ask women that, but it's okay for them to ask you about your age)

Where did you go to high school at?

What kind of a name is that? (Latent racism)

Where are you from? (This one is kinda tricky since I've lived in so many different places. I feel like I don't really have a place to call home. I'm a nomad 100%.)

Questions about your family or how many brothers/sisters do you have? What do your parents do for a living? (I'm trying to break away from them and I don't really like them. Never had much of a family.)

Questions about your marital status or your significant other. (Really none of their business)

I don't mind telling my friends these things, but when it's some random acquaintance from school or work I find it hard to confide in them and I don't know what their intentions are. It really irks me when it's like a barber or some random stripper or a bartender who inquires about these things.

Also it really ticks me off how some Americans think it's their inalienable right to know everything about everybody. And then after you tell them something, you've got all kinds of random people that you've never even talked to walking up to you and saying:"Oh I heard this and that... blah.. blah.. blah". :roll: Or sometimes, they'll do it right in front of you. They'll just stop some random buddy of theirs and be like:"Oh apparently he (i.e. me) did this and that... etc." How freakin' rude!! Maybe I don't want that particular person to know that. WTF??

Like I said earlier, people are such gossip queens and assholes so I really feel like you're much better off not talking about any of those things. In this high-school like society you may as well never even say anything about yourself, but HERE COMES THE CATCH.... Not talking about yourself and not opening up to people will lead them to becoming suspicious and shit. Being presumptuous assholes as they are, they'll instantly conclude that you've got something to hide. It will make you look like a defensive little snot too, in their eyes. The way I see it - they're just fishing. They're trying to see how much info you're willing to give them, so they could later use it against you or make you look bad in some way. That's exactly what it is. They ain't trying to be your friends. F*ck them!!

So how do you respond to all those when talking to nosy gossipy coworkers/classmates/random people not minding their own business?
Is there any good evading answers to those excluding the real blunt obvious ones like:
How is that any of your business?
Why do you want to know?
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Re: How do you deal with intrusive personal questions?

Post by C.J. »

It's about not exposing yourself. Westerners are two-faced vehicles for malicious intent.
TruthOrConsequences wrote: What do you do for a living? (gauging your income and social status - you are what you do for a living afterall/I find this one real intrusive)
I just glamorize my current occupation - I program games for people for a pittance. But to the bitches, I'm an independent software contractor! :D I'm not lying about myself, just making it sound better than it is to the easily amused idiots.
TruthOrConsequences wrote: How old are you? (I guess you're NEVER supposed to ask women that, but it's okay for them to ask you about your age)
I ask "What kind of question is that? How old are YOU, huh?" If you don't like the question, ask it back. That'll keep them from pressing.
TruthOrConsequences wrote: Where did you go to high school at?

Where are you from? (This one is kinda tricky since I've lived in so many different places. I feel like I don't really have a place to call home. I'm a nomad 100%.)

Questions about your family or how many brothers/sisters do you have? What do your parents do for a living? (I'm trying to break away from them and I don't really like them. Never had much of a family.)

Questions about your marital status or your significant other. (Really none of their business)
This kind of stuff really is none of a person's business.
TruthOrConsequences wrote: I don't mind telling my friends these things, but when it's some random acquaintance from school or work I find it hard to confide in them and I don't know what their intentions are. It really irks me when it's like a barber or some random stripper or a bartender who inquires about these things.
Apparently, you're attractive! :P
If you don't like the questions, don't give the answers. I go silent on service workers and they don't press me for answers. They know what the silence means: Get back to work! :D Otherwise I'll try and be busy and walk away.
TruthOrConsequences wrote: Also it really ticks me off how some Americans think it's their inalienable right to know everything about everybody. And then after you tell them something, you've got all kinds of random people that you've never even talked to walking up to you and saying:"Oh I heard this and that... blah.. blah.. blah". :roll: Or sometimes, they'll do it right in front of you. They'll just stop some random buddy of theirs and be like:"Oh apparently he (i.e. me) did this and that... etc." How freakin' rude!! Maybe I don't want that particular person to know that. WTF??
Westerners are two-faced vehicles for malicious intent. I had to repeat that. :D

Let me tell you... the west is a police state and has been for a while. In order to have this, you need informants - people who would love to talk to you. But normal people usually don't have malicious intents toward people. But guess who does? Demons. Demons hate humans and will do whatever they can to f**k with you and make you sad/angry/hurt/embarrassed. How else can you explain people who are nice and inviting one minute, BUT TOTALLY GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO RUIN YOUR REPUTATION THE NEXT!? I'd like to see you offer a better explanation, but whatever. Basically, 90% of westerners(those who lived here and weren't immgrants from the 70s on) are informants and their social job is to use the info you tell them against you. That's because their minds aren't their own.

Your best bet is to be quiet, do your work and keep it moving.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Re: How do you deal with intrusive personal questions?

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:Basically, I've been slightly bothered by how some people like to inquire about things that shouldn't really concern them at all. Given that everyone has a big freaking mouth and everybody has to talk here in the US, I feel like you're a lot better off not exposing yourself and keeping quiet about your personal life. Everyone on here damn well knows that people in the US are very judgemental and gossipy, so with that being said I dislike having to answer questions like:

What do you do for a living? (gauging your income and social status - you are what you do for a living afterall/I find this one real intrusive)

How old are you? (I guess you're NEVER supposed to ask women that, but it's okay for them to ask you about your age)

Where did you go to high school at?

I don't mind telling my friends these things, but when it's some random acquaintance from school or work I find it hard to confide in them and I don't know what their intentions are. It really irks me when it's like a barber or some random stripper or a bartender who inquires about these things.

Also it really ticks me off how some Americans think it's their inalienable right to know everything about everybody. And then after you tell them something, you've got all kinds of random people that you've never even talked to walking up to you and saying:"Oh I heard this and that... blah.. blah.. blah". :roll: Or sometimes, they'll do it right in front of you. They'll just stop some random buddy of theirs and be like:"Oh apparently he (i.e. me) did this and that... etc." How freakin' rude!! Maybe I don't want that particular person to know that. WTF??

Like I said earlier, people are such gossip queens and assholes so I really feel like you're much better off not talking about any of those things. In this high-school like society you may as well never even say anything about yourself, but HERE COMES THE CATCH.... Not talking about yourself and not opening up to people will lead them to becoming suspicious and shit. Being presumptuous assholes as they are, they'll instantly conclude that you've got something to hide. It will make you look like a defensive little snot too, in their eyes. The way I see it - they're just fishing. They're trying to see how much info you're willing to give them, so they could later use it against you or make you look bad in some way. That's exactly what it is. They ain't trying to be your friends. F*ck them!!

So how do you respond to all those when talking to nosy gossipy coworkers/classmates/random people not minding their own business?
Is there any good evading answers to those excluding the real blunt obvious ones like:
How is that any of your business?
Why do you want to know?
I feel the exact same way as you. And with so many western women and manginas about in our day-to-day lives, you really gotta keep people out of your business. The questions you've went over in bold are spot-on, and it usually is from women sizing you up to see if you are "worthy" (i.e. What do you do for a living?, How old are you?, etc). I also get questions like:

Do you have your own place? / Who do you live with? (No, she's not interested in sexing you. This is yet another "before we continue talking, I MUST know how much money you have" agenda)

Where do you work? (This shouldn't be asked within the first encounter of a complete stranger, but women always need to know your money situation..)

What car do you drive? (Is it more expensive than the free luxury car she got from daddy/the government?)

What are you doing here then? (I've always been interrogatively asked this question at PUBLIC venues, and never by a figure of authority either :roll: )
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

C.J.

Yeah I do understand that it's a form of social control over people. You can never confide in anybody because everybody's a snitch or a narc, or a gossip queen or a combination of the three. It'd be much much harder to control a group of people that all have each other's backs, so that's exactly why snitching and spying on your coworkers is somewhat encouraged at a lot of workplaces. Ain't it the same reason why teens and young adults join gangs? Ain't it for that reason why bullying and school shootings happen here all the damn time? You can't trust anybody here - that's why. People are just all out for themselves.

Regarding those other questions: that's the catch. You can't just ignore them or be like:"That's none of your business". You'll come off like a prick or somebody who's got something to hide, because "honest good people should have nothing to hide", right? I mean that's what everybody thinks. I guess the notion that you simply don't want people all up in your business is so ridiculous and strange to them.

All_That_Is_Man

Yeah I'm somewhat familiar with the area you live in. I honestly don't even know why you go out to clubs up there. Chicago is a very unfriendly, piece of shit city. All those rust belt cities are like that. Women up there must be super uptight and feminist.
And the question "What are you doing here then?" is extremely freaking rude. That's the one where "How's that any of your business?" would fit right in as a comeback..
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:C.J.

Yeah I do understand that it's a form of social control over people. You can never confide in anybody because everybody's a snitch or a narc, or a gossip queen or a combination of the three. It'd be much much harder to control a group of people that all have each other's backs, so that's exactly why snitching and spying on your coworkers is somewhat encouraged at a lot of workplaces. Ain't it the same reason why teens and young adults join gangs? Ain't it for that reason why bullying and school shootings happen here all the damn time? You can't trust anybody here - that's why. People are just all out for themselves.

Regarding those other questions: that's the catch. You can't just ignore them or be like:"That's none of your business". You'll come off like a prick or somebody who's got something to hide, because "honest good people should have nothing to hide", right? I mean that's what everybody thinks. I guess the notion that you simply don't want people all up in your business is so ridiculous and strange to them.

All_That_Is_Man

Yeah I'm somewhat familiar with the area you live in. I honestly don't even know why you go out to clubs up there. Chicago is a very unfriendly, piece of shit city. All those rust belt cities are like that. Women up there must be super uptight and feminist.
And the question "What are you doing here then?" is extremely freaking rude. That's the one where "How's that any of your business?" would fit right in as a comeback..
+1
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.