Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why do men get married in their twenties?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby ringspun » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 am

I think its cos, they get sick of the bars, the constant dating thing and they meet a good one and want a rest and to have a child.

I waited til I was 30 til I married and wish I had waited my whole life.

Marriage changes women for the worse, well western women, I would never marry again as long as I live. It is pointless and you can be left financially high and dry in your 50's say with not a pot to piss in! for what?
ringspun
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: London







Postby Maker55 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:40 pm

I agree with what Tom Leykis says about men getting married.

If you just have to get married, a man should get married as late as possible.

I feel that men shouldn't even think of getting married until his 40s or even later.

Men need time to have the fun that they missed out on in their teens and 20s before they even think about getting married.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Maker55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:08 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Dragon wrote:They say men only fall in love 3 times in their lives. Well 2/3 of that is done already for me, both times disasters. I'm only in my early 20s and I have only one more chance to go, so I'm not going to waste it! :lol:

Seriously though, getting married early and in the US is a disaster. Most guys usually don't know what they're doing, so they follow the usual path of college, job, family, retirement. That may have been fine and dandy 50 years ago, but AW today are not worth it now. There is girlfriend material and then there is wife material. If the only thing a girl has to offer is her looks (which will fade fast), then you're marrying for the wrong reasons. You should probably never marry a career woman. That's just bad news and guys are willing to tolerate it, which is sad.

Remember a wife should be a wife, not a co-worker.


+1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

MGTOW

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:21 pm

ringspun wrote:I waited til I was 30 til I married and wish I had waited my whole life.


LMFAOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best quote I've read in a long time!

I agree that men should wait a very long time to get married. There just isn't any real benefit to get married if you're a man, and the only time you should get married is if you plan to have children (the world doesn't need anymore bastard offspring). With this being said, getting married while in your 20s is still a very idiotic decision. I believe that the main reason men get married at all is because of peer pressure from their parents and family. Parents today can't even fathom what that dating scene in America today is like, nor can they even grasp the idea of misandry and it's affect on all western women, so they are steadily rocking the "why don't you have a girlfriend? / when are you getting married?" mentality. Some guys take this to heart and rush into marriage without any real desire to be chained down by a life-long government contract. I have yet to see one real benefit from marriage in a man's favor among my family and friends. One could almost argue that staying unmarried makes you a more financially wealthy, freer, healthier, stress-free, drama-free, better man (see: status).
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 am

Postby Teal Lantern » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:31 pm

ringspun wrote:I think its cos, they get sick of the bars, the constant dating thing and they meet a good one and want a rest and to have a child.

I waited til I was 30 til I married and wish I had waited my whole life.

Marriage changes women for the worse, well western women, I would never marry again as long as I live. It is pointless and you can be left financially high and dry in your 50's say with not a pot to piss in! for what?


Girlfriend 4.0 nag screens you to upgrade to Wife 1.0, but it's a totally different OS. :shock:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:43 pm

ringspun wrote:I think its cos, they get sick of the bars, the constant dating thing and they meet a good one and want a rest and to have a child.


Good point and I agree. See, due to the fact that prostitution is illegal in the U.S., American guys have to jump through all kinds of hoops and chase women around just to get laid. The exercise is TIRING and when you're in your 40's /50's you just won't have the time/energy to do that anymore let alone want to deal with society treating you like an outcast for being a 40+ year old man trying to pick up 20 year old girls at the night club so guys just give in and get married thinking they have secured a sex life.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Re: MGTOW

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:11 pm

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Parents today can't even fathom what the dating scene in America today is like, nor can they even grasp the idea of misandry and it's affect on all western women, so they are steadily rocking the "why don't you have a girlfriend? / when are you getting married?" mentality.


This is so true. And when people ask me why I'm not married I look at them like they're dumb because it is obvious that they don't keep up with current events (ie, divorce rate/ rise of female infidelity) and that they're just regurgitating a belief system that was handed down to them.


All_That_Is_Man wrote:One could almost argue that staying unmarried makes you a more financially wealthy, freer, healthier, stress-free, drama-free, better man (see: status).


Almost argue? It's 100% true simply due to the fact that marriage is a situation that benefits women because society still continues to deem the male 100% responsible to financially support women, feed them, and protect them until they die even though modern women constantly boast that they're "highly educated" and that they can work for themselves.

Anyhow, this is why women push for marriage so much, they know they're getting a free pass to live off another person but it's under the disguise of "love" and "marriage".
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Re: MGTOW

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:04 pm

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:Parents today can't even fathom what the dating scene in America today is like, nor can they even grasp the idea of misandry and it's affect on all western women, so they are steadily rocking the "why don't you have a girlfriend? / when are you getting married?" mentality.


This is so true. And when people ask me why I'm not married I look at them like they're dumb because it is obvious that they don't keep up with current events (ie, divorce rate/ rise of female infidelity) and that they're just regurgitating a belief system that was handed down to them.


I'm glad I'm not the only one who gives them "The Look" when they ask such a stupid question! When people ask me if I have a girlfriend, I look at them like, "Seriously? Did you just ask me if I have a girlfriend? Have you MET the females in Chicago? REALLY? Why the HELL would I be in a good mood if I weren't single? ...Really, bro?". Some guys are such dumbasses that they think having a girlfriend is the end-all-be-all to waking up in the morning and breathing. The blue pill is strong with these simps. Of course, the average American blue piller is not too bright, so me giving them the "are you an idiot?" look and saying no when they ask if I have a girlfriend probably has them thinking I'm gay or something. Weird.

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:One could almost argue that staying unmarried makes you a more financially wealthy, freer, healthier, stress-free, drama-free, better man (see: status).


Almost argue? It's 100% true simply due to the fact that marriage is a situation that benefits women because society still continues to deem the male 100% responsible to financially support women, feed them, and protect them until they die even though modern women constantly boast that they're "highly educated" and that they can work for themselves.

Anyhow, this is why women push for marriage so much, they know they're getting a free pass to live off another person but it's under the disguise of "love" and "marriage".


Yes, this is true even outside of America. Call me crazy, but even though living married is the worst in the western countries like America, UK, and Australia, there's still no real benefit in a life-long contract with the same woman elsewhere either.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 am

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Maker55 wrote:I agree with what Tom Leykis says about men getting married.

If you just have to get married, a man should get married as late as possible.

I feel that men shouldn't even think of getting married until his 40s or even later.

Men need time to have the fun that they missed out on in their teens and 20s before they even think about getting married.


What's this "fun" you speak of? Is there something you have done that I haven't done that requires you to be single??? Legitimate question(s).
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby fschmidt » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Why get married (in your 20s or at any other age)? Here are the options sorted by my preference:

1. Marriage - sex and relationship
2. Prostitution - sex but no relationship
3. Abstinence - no sex or relationship
4. Dating - intermittent sex and relationships accompanied by never ending soul killing struggle and drama

I think the earlier one marries, the better.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Jester » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:
Girlfriend 4.0 nag screens you to upgrade to Wife 1.0, but it's a totally different OS. :shock:


:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:51 pm

fschmidt wrote:Why get married (in your 20s or at any other age)? Here are the options sorted by my preference:

1. Marriage - sex and relationship
2. p4p - sex but no relationship
3. Abstinence - no sex or relationship
4. Dating - intermittent sex and relationships accompanied by never ending soul killing struggle and drama

I think the earlier one marries, the better.


Well said.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 am

fschmidt wrote:Why get married (in your 20s or at any other age)? Here are the options sorted by my preference:

1. Marriage - sex and relationship
2. p4p - sex but no relationship
3. Abstinence - no sex or relationship
4. Dating - intermittent sex and relationships accompanied by never ending soul killing struggle and drama

I think the earlier one marries, the better.


You can also add wealth building and long term security. MGTOW will end up alone, because after about age 50, you'll have to pay for companionship.

Or you can be like some of the other MGTOW of a previous generation shack up with old women when you're both old, for which mean over 60 women are grateful.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:08 am

djfourmoney wrote:
fschmidt wrote:Why get married (in your 20s or at any other age)? Here are the options sorted by my preference:

1. Marriage - sex and relationship
2. p4p - sex but no relationship
3. Abstinence - no sex or relationship
4. Dating - intermittent sex and relationships accompanied by never ending soul killing struggle and drama

I think the earlier one marries, the better.


You can also add wealth building and long term security. MGTOW will end up alone, because after about age 50, you'll have to pay for companionship.

Or you can be like some of the other MGTOW of a previous generation shack up with old women when you're both old, for which mean over 60 women are grateful.


Why do some people still believe that marriage assures men sex whenever they want it? MAYBE this works in foreign countries, but again if a man is getting sex whenever he wants it, then marriage had absolutely nothing to do with it since a good girlfriend will surely fulfill this desire. (Sheeit, she doesn't even have to be your girlfriend!)
How the eff does getting married build your wealth as a man? How does marriage provide security for a man? You marriage extremists be simp talkin' sometimes. :)

You say that after age 50 you'll have to pay for companionship? Generally every man with a woman has paid for her companionship in some fashion, hell even a $2000 plane ticket to fly to her country to meet her in person is arguably "paying for her companionship" (is she spending her life savings to fly to your country and marry you? No.) And there you go recommending shacking up with 50+ women again (even if you are joking this time).
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 am

Postby fschmidt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 am

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Why do some people still believe that marriage assures men sex whenever they want it? MAYBE this works in foreign countries, but again if a man is getting sex whenever he wants it, then marriage had absolutely nothing to do with it since a good girlfriend will surely fulfill this desire. (Sheeit, she doesn't even have to be your girlfriend!)
How the eff does getting married build your wealth as a man? How does marriage provide security for a man? You marriage extremists be simp talkin' sometimes. :)

I am not just talking, I am talking from experience, having been married for 21 years, most of those living in America. A girlfriend may give you sex as long as she is with you, but you never know when she will leave. And there is more drama with a girlfriend than with a wife. Being married let me focus on work instead of women, and this is how it allowed me to build my wealth.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests