Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Podcast/Website/Blog Name Suggestions...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Podcast/Website/Blog Name Suggestion

Poll ended at Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:14 am

Ominous Paradigm
100%
Chronicles Of A Black Man's Existence
No votes
Perilous Journey
No votes

Total votes : 2

Postby zboy1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 pm

odbo wrote:the IQ deficient, melanin enriched members of this forum are still waiting for a home that caters to their needs... Image

Odbo, please refrain from posting racist images. You can post racist comments all you want--but avoid the pictures please!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:19 pm

For your subtitle, I wouldn't just put "A Journey". That sounds too boring and pointless. It should have some words after it, like "A Journey Abroad" or something.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 pm

eurobrat wrote:I think Chronicles Of A Black Man's Existence is interesting but you will limit your market to MOSTLY African Americans.

Well, the way I see it -

My experience is different than yours based on how people react to my skin color either loving or loathing it no in-between.

Sorry Euro but I hardly find White men going around the internet posting "How will women in X country react to me?". Even if they do its usually because they are overweight, losing hair, advanced age or all three. Those are largely correctable, skin color (and age) is not and the trend I know you see is that save for some generally poor countries, the darker you are, the poorer you are.

I get a reprieve because I was born in America, a so-called color-blind, balanced, equal and fair society. We know its NOT but that's how our media and politicians promote it, especially abroad.

I will be up front and say some commentary might be inflammatory but generally not and that would be based on cultural differences seen by the different skin color of men.

This is a show about me, a Black man and its to help Black men get out of their comfort zone of traveling if at all only to places with other dark skinned people.

Now what will be discussed broadly is how you can afford to travel. One of the things "Ice Man" thought would be cute to criticize me about is how much I would be spending on this adventure, believing I would be staying in expensive hotels and spending thousands on lodging. I spent the grand total of 4 days in an actual hotel. The majority of it was spent in a hostel called Hostel Frankfurt (www.frankfurt-hostel.com) and I spent maybe $200-$250 total over a 10-15 day period.

The rest of the time was in rented apartments or staying with friends.

We'll talk to lots of people that travel on the cheap and hopefully more Black who have done it. As I said Euro, you can go to places like Lonely Planet where the majority of people posting are Caucasian and share a similar experience that is familiar to you. What I constantly have to beat back is how BM are viewed in countries like Ukraine, Russia and other former CIS/FSU countries.

Now it just so happens what I am doing, what I will cover and talk about dovetails with broadly what this site and others are about increasing your opportunities whether they are career/job or personal.
Last edited by djfourmoney on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Winston wrote:For your subtitle, I wouldn't just put "A Journey". That sounds too boring and pointless. It should have some words after it, like "A Journey Abroad" or something.

So Chronicles of A Black Man's Existence: A Journey Abroad?

I also wanted to say to Euro, that titles such as this aren't narrowcasting at all. There is a Catholic Father that travels all over the world, blogs and podcast about it - http://catholicinsider.sqpn.com/

Clearly being a man of the cloth he has a certain perspective but hardly bring his Catholicism forward in his podcast. Also Cliff Ravenscraft is unapologetically Catholic, mentions it several times in all his shows (has two or three shows about it) and less than half of his audience (40% in a recent poll) is deeply religious.

This is the assumption by most of White America that Black America's problems are not America's Problems, they are and heavily interconnected.

I won't talk much about that in my show, but there will be an overtone because frankly the majority of Americans with Passports are White, what has to be changed for them is the perception that traveling is expensive or financially beyond their reach. By focusing on Black Men who know have dispositionally less wealth, automatically think traveling is a "White Thing" to do, when its not. When they do travel, as I said its to countries with people that look like them (DR, Jamaica, Africa, Brazil), speaking about a typical BM's POV.

Sure some of that is comfort and from a opposite sex POV its what they like. IMHO that's low hanging fruit as well but if that's what you want, we'll talk about it because its not like I don't find some of the women attractive, I do.

Thanks for the suggestion Winston.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby eurobrat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby mguy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 am

This is a great project.

Suck at names but it should be catchy like

"why should white guys have all the fun?" - RJ Lewis.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby Renata » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 pm

The Blckman's Blog - wife, life & strife.

My Journey; Black & White with no shades of grey.

Odbo you might be racist, I don't know... but actually a blog with the name 'Nigger Abroad' would most definately get a lot of hits just simply out of curiousity ... How many of you would read a blog like that just to see what the content is?

As well I wouldn't call anyone a nigger but I don't feel taboo about this word anymore because it's used so loosely in music & the media.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Postby Ginger » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:50 pm

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Postby Renata » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Ginger it is very derogatory still ... so don't go using it loosely lol
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions