Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

addis ababa, ethiopia

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

addis ababa, ethiopia

Postby ishwri » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:28 am

Has anyone been to addis ababa? im thinking of relocating there, does anyone have any info on the country? What are the living conditions there? Ive read that ethiopia is a great place with beautiful women.
ishwri
Freshman Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 am

You have a love affair with Africa?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:53 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Anti-American » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:38 am

Ghost wrote:I did know a guy from there, but he got asylum from the U.S. to escape a grim fate. He said it has the lowest per capita income in the world. Women, though, I have no idea about. But from lots of things he said, it would not be a good place to go.

What was the grim fate he escaped?
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

addis ababa, Ethiopia

Postby Talisman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:10 am

I spent a month in Addis this last summer. What brought me there were a few girlfriends...one good, an angel, one bad, a she-cunt. The city is at a high elevation and surrounded by green mountains: there are downpours everyday for a few hours, although the "13 months of sunshine" are a prevelant feature of the rhythm of the winter. The people live mainly in shanty towns--I lived in this shanty town. There is no real running water (no hot water), or flushing toilets (outhouses) but they have satellite TV. The main undercurrent of the society is the poverty and difficulty of making money, so there's a culture of scam in their mentality, as well as a "poor me" attitude because of the situation. Ethiopians are very religious (they claim to house the Ark of the Covenant in Axum), and it is cool how the mosques and the churches sit side by side. There are some awesome prayers broadcast in the mornings and at night which provide a mystic kind of atmosphere. But, be wary once any c**ts catch wind of money--religions out the door at that point. Generally, it felt safe, just scams could be involved. They are proud of their roots , and of not having been colonized, and have a strong black identity consciousness. I actually ran into Rita Marley inside the Holy Trinity Church as she performed Rastafari prayers, so, yeah, the culture is interesting.
Meeting women other than prostitutes wasn't easy. There's a lot of pressure to conform to their roots and not be seen with a white man. Dudes there cockblock, staring down girls who I walked with. I didn't like it for that. Yeah, there are beautiful Amharic girls--but they aren't particularly looking for you, unless they are prostitutes, basically.
It's going through what they call the "Ethiopian Rennaissance," with a lot of building the place into a more modern city. I wasn't all that psyched about it. Living there would probably be challenging, although, Ethiopia is an adventure. In Harar I fed some hyenas.
Talisman
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:39 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: addis ababa, Ethiopia

Postby terminator » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Talisman wrote:I ...
It's going through what they call the "Ethiopian Rennaissance," with a lot of building the place into a more modern city. I wasn't all that psyched about it. Living there would probably be challenging, although, Ethiopia is an adventure. In Harar I fed some hyenas.

What did you feed them? Not your carcass I hope!
terminator
Junior Poster

Re: addis ababa, Ethiopia

Postby Jester » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:37 am

Talisman wrote:I spent a month in Addis this last summer. What brought me there were a few girlfriends...one good, an angel, one bad, a she-c**t. The city is at a high elevation and surrounded by green mountains: there are downpours everyday for a few hours, although the "13 months of sunshine" are a prevelant feature of the rhythm of the winter. The people live mainly in shanty towns--I lived in this shanty town. There is no real running water (no hot water), or flushing toilets (outhouses) but they have satellite TV. The main undercurrent of the society is the poverty and difficulty of making money, so there's a culture of scam in their mentality, as well as a "poor me" attitude because of the situation. Ethiopians are very religious (they claim to house the Ark of the Covenant in Axum), and it is cool how the mosques and the churches sit side by side. There are some awesome prayers broadcast in the mornings and at night which provide a mystic kind of atmosphere. But, be wary once any c**ts catch wind of money--religions out the door at that point. Generally, it felt safe, just scams could be involved. They are proud of their roots , and of not having been colonized, and have a strong black identity consciousness. I actually ran into Rita Marley inside the Holy Trinity Church as she performed Rastafari prayers, so, yeah, the culture is interesting.
Meeting women other than hoes wasn't easy. There's a lot of pressure to conform to their roots and not be seen with a white man. Dudes there cockblock, staring down girls who I walked with. I didn't like it for that. Yeah, there are beautiful Amharic girls--but they aren't particularly looking for you, unless they are hoes, basically.

I respect Ethiopia's history and pride... and they happen to be one of the few churches that it is "okay" for Armenians to intermarry and mingle with. The people are good-looking and intelligent. Decent food too. Plus they supposedly have an archaic treaty with the U.S. allowing easy long-stay. And some mixed Armenian/Ethiopians live there.

So any thanks for the report.

But I am crossing it off my list for bridehunting as a result of your report. Sounds like dating Ethiopians over there would be as difficult, as much an uphill struggle, for a White-looking guy, as dating one over here. (Roosh has written extensively about this.) I don't need to change the world. Or to subject girlfriends or children to unnecessary difficulty.

Still hope to visit Axum some day, and see the Ark of the Covenant... through the security gates.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to General Discussions