Addis Ababa, Ethiopia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
ishwri
Freshman Poster

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia?

Post by ishwri »

Has anyone been to addis ababa? im thinking of relocating there, does anyone have any info on the country? What are the living conditions there? Ive read that ethiopia is a great place with beautiful women.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

You have a love affair with Africa?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 22nd, 2016, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

Ghost wrote:I did know a guy from there, but he got asylum from the U.S. to escape a grim fate. He said it has the lowest per capita income in the world. Women, though, I have no idea about. But from lots of things he said, it would not be a good place to go.
What was the grim fate he escaped?
Talisman
Freshman Poster

addis ababa, Ethiopia

Post by Talisman »

I spent a month in Addis this last summer. What brought me there were a few girlfriends...one good, an angel, one bad, a she-cunt. The city is at a high elevation and surrounded by green mountains: there are downpours everyday for a few hours, although the "13 months of sunshine" are a prevelant feature of the rhythm of the winter. The people live mainly in shanty towns--I lived in this shanty town. There is no real running water (no hot water), or flushing toilets (outhouses) but they have satellite TV. The main undercurrent of the society is the poverty and difficulty of making money, so there's a culture of scam in their mentality, as well as a "poor me" attitude because of the situation. Ethiopians are very religious (they claim to house the Ark of the Covenant in Axum), and it is cool how the mosques and the churches sit side by side. There are some awesome prayers broadcast in the mornings and at night which provide a mystic kind of atmosphere. But, be wary once any cunts catch wind of money--religions out the door at that point. Generally, it felt safe, just scams could be involved. They are proud of their roots , and of not having been colonized, and have a strong black identity consciousness. I actually ran into Rita Marley inside the Holy Trinity Church as she performed Rastafari prayers, so, yeah, the culture is interesting.
Meeting women other than prostitutes wasn't easy. There's a lot of pressure to conform to their roots and not be seen with a white man. Dudes there cockblock, staring down girls who I walked with. I didn't like it for that. Yeah, there are beautiful Amharic girls--but they aren't particularly looking for you, unless they are prostitutes, basically.
It's going through what they call the "Ethiopian Rennaissance," with a lot of building the place into a more modern city. I wasn't all that psyched about it. Living there would probably be challenging, although, Ethiopia is an adventure. In Harar I fed some hyenas.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 22nd, 2016, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
terminator
Junior Poster

Re: addis ababa, Ethiopia

Post by terminator »

Talisman wrote:I ...
It's going through what they call the "Ethiopian Rennaissance," with a lot of building the place into a more modern city. I wasn't all that psyched about it. Living there would probably be challenging, although, Ethiopia is an adventure. In Harar I fed some hyenas.
What did you feed them? Not your carcass I hope!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: addis ababa, Ethiopia

Post by Jester »

Talisman wrote:I spent a month in Addis this last summer. What brought me there were a few girlfriends...one good, an angel, one bad, a she-c**t. The city is at a high elevation and surrounded by green mountains: there are downpours everyday for a few hours, although the "13 months of sunshine" are a prevelant feature of the rhythm of the winter. The people live mainly in shanty towns--I lived in this shanty town. There is no real running water (no hot water), or flushing toilets (outhouses) but they have satellite TV. The main undercurrent of the society is the poverty and difficulty of making money, so there's a culture of scam in their mentality, as well as a "poor me" attitude because of the situation. Ethiopians are very religious (they claim to house the Ark of the Covenant in Axum), and it is cool how the mosques and the churches sit side by side. There are some awesome prayers broadcast in the mornings and at night which provide a mystic kind of atmosphere. But, be wary once any c**ts catch wind of money--religions out the door at that point. Generally, it felt safe, just scams could be involved. They are proud of their roots , and of not having been colonized, and have a strong black identity consciousness. I actually ran into Rita Marley inside the Holy Trinity Church as she performed Rastafari prayers, so, yeah, the culture is interesting.
Meeting women other than hoes wasn't easy. There's a lot of pressure to conform to their roots and not be seen with a white man. Dudes there cockblock, staring down girls who I walked with. I didn't like it for that. Yeah, there are beautiful Amharic girls--but they aren't particularly looking for you, unless they are hoes, basically.
I respect Ethiopia's history and pride... and they happen to be one of the few churches that it is "okay" for Armenians to intermarry and mingle with. The people are good-looking and intelligent. Decent food too. Plus they supposedly have an archaic treaty with the U.S. allowing easy long-stay. And some mixed Armenian/Ethiopians live there.

So any thanks for the report.

But I am crossing it off my list for bridehunting as a result of your report. Sounds like dating Ethiopians over there would be as difficult, as much an uphill struggle, for a White-looking guy, as dating one over here. (Roosh has written extensively about this.) I don't need to change the world. Or to subject girlfriends or children to unnecessary difficulty.

Still hope to visit Axum some day, and see the Ark of the Covenant... through the security gates.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Re: addis ababa, ethiopia

Post by willymonfrete »

I can vouche that ethiopian men are pretty hostile to non ethiopian or nonblack men.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Re: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia?

Post by willymonfrete »

it sucks that theres so much dating xenophobia because for african girls,ethiopian women are the only ones with what I consider attractive morphology on average and good hair.plus,it's so damn cheap.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

willymonfrete wrote:
February 12th, 2018, 12:35 pm
I can vouche that ethiopian men are pretty hostile to non ethiopian or nonblack men.
That's unfortunate because their women are often absolutely stunning and I would love to acquire one. I am not sure if I would be their type, being very obviously non-black lol.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 18th, 2023, 5:28 pm
willymonfrete wrote:
February 12th, 2018, 12:35 pm
That's unfortunate because their women are often absolutely stunning and I would love to acquire one. I am not sure if I would be their type, being very obviously non-black lol.
Oh,ethiopian women like white men alot,it's just their pressured not to date outside the nationality.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36989&p=305931#p305931

I remember this latino white guy years ago on ethiopian social media speaking amharic and all the ethiopian girls were saying'he's so fine!Ethiopian men step up your game or they're gonna take all your women'and the ethiopian guys in the comments were all like 'if ethiopian women could,you would lynch us'.

my first ethiopian girlfriend did not date ethiopian men at all.She liked italians most.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia?

Post by Falcon »

One of my Thai friends went to Addis Ababa recently. He had a blast chasing and getting to know beautiful Ethiopian ladies.