Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Is Homosexuality a Choice or Biologically Determined?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Is Homosexuality a Choice or Biologically Determined?

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:27 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKqKsXdokCM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saO_RFWWVVA[/youtube]
Last edited by Winston on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby Dragon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:03 am

Is this a subtle pretext for you to come out of the closet Winston? Are you finally ready to admit what we've all known for a while? :lol:
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Dragon wrote:Is this a subtle pretext for you to come out of the closet Winston? Are you finally ready to admit what we've all known for a while? :lol:


LOL hell no. There is no logical reason to suspect such a thing, and zero evidence to support it. No gay guy is as crazy about girls as I am!
Last edited by Winston on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby eurobrat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:09 pm

...
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm

eurobrat wrote:Homosexuality is a choice. Every decision a man makes in his lifetime is a choice besides things that are really biological like Eating, drinking or taking a poo.


How do you know this? What about all the evidence to the contrary? Have you ever known anyone who went back from gay to straight? Why do all gay men say that they didn't want to be gay but could not resist it?

Sexual urges aren't a choice. They are instinctive to all life.
Last edited by Winston on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby OTB » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:49 pm

I've had this conversation with a few people who say people are that way. NO! It's a choice. I have a co-worker who openly admitted that he knows he's not supposed to be homosexual but he is because of his own personal reasons. There you go. It's a choice. I worked with a girl while in college who was a lesbian and she confessed to two of my other co-workers that she didn't want to be gay anymore. They said she was very emotional about it. So there you go again. She made the choice to be gay. It wasn't innate. Just like eurobrat said everything we do in life is a choice.

People will argue that they are born like that but I've always asked, how can they be born that way when they can't reproduce? There's no way it could be genetically inherited.
OTB
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:28 pm
Location: Washington Twp, NJ

Postby eurobrat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:58 pm

...
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby ladislav » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:22 pm

From what I have read, it is like this- a default human is a female and then, while a fetus is in the womb, some hormones are secreted to turn it into a male if need be. The fetus is androgynous and has both characteristics. If it becomes a female it keeps a small penis- the clit and the scrotum becomes the labia, and the male keeps nipples and a scar on the scrotum where the vagina was supposed to be located.
The thing is in a natural non stress environment, the fetus becomes one sex or another with appropriate characteristics both physical and emotional. If it is high stress, then it suppresses the production of the hormone and creates confusion.
When I was with the T'boli tribe in Mindanao, I noticed that they had no lesbos and no gays in it. Like zilch. The same goes for all people who live a natural stress free life.
Once there is some artificial stress through wars or urban life, such people are born.
However, when their numbers get large, they can subvert other people into it by promoting the lifestyle. Then those others make "the choice".
Last edited by ladislav on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby terminator » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:02 pm

ladislav wrote:From what I have read, it is like this- a default human is a female and then, while a fetus is in the womb, some hormones are secreted to turn it into a male if need be. The fetus is androgynous and has both characteristics. If it becomes a female it keeps a small penis- the clit and the scrotum becomes the labia, and the male keeps nipples and a scar on the scrotum where the v****a was supposed to be located.
The thing is in a natural non stress environment, the fetus becomes one sex or another with appropriate characteristics both physical and emotional. If it is high stress, then it suppresses the production of the hormone and creates confusion.
When I was with the T'boli tribe in Mindanao, I noticed that they had no lesbos and no gays in it. Like zilch. The same goes for all people who live a natural stress free life.
Once there is some artificial stress through wars or urban life, such people are born.

This is very interesting and it goes against the "rule" that 10% of the population is gay. I personally don't know if sexuality is nature or nurture & I doubt there's any gays on happierabroad as it's about going overseas for a wife, not a husband!
terminator
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Homosexuality is a choice. Every decision a man makes in his lifetime is a choice besides things that are really biological like Eating, drinking or taking a poo.


How do you know this? What about all the evidence to the contrary? Have you ever known anyone who went back from gay to straight? Why do all gay men say that they didn't want to be gay but could not resist it?

Sexual urges aren't a choice. They are instinctive to all life.


I know a girl who has 2 kids and got divorced, trust me it's a choice or else she would have never had 2 kids in the first place.


Why should we trust you in a matter that you are not an expert and have done no research in? How can you be so sure about something you've done no research in? Does guessing = fact to you?

Totally illogical.

You can't be so sure about something you've done no research in.

Did you watch the videos posted above? Watch them first and then comment.

Why do all major organizations and medical/scientific establishments say that you are wrong?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:59 pm

OTB wrote:I've had this conversation with a few people who say people are that way. NO! It's a choice. I have a co-worker who openly admitted that he knows he's not supposed to be homosexual but he is because of his own personal reasons. There you go. It's a choice. I worked with a girl while in college who was a lesbian and she confessed to two of my other co-workers that she didn't want to be gay anymore. They said she was very emotional about it. So there you go again. She made the choice to be gay. It wasn't innate. Just like eurobrat said everything we do in life is a choice.

People will argue that they are born like that but I've always asked, how can they be born that way when they can't reproduce? There's no way it could be genetically inherited.


Sometimes nature screws up? Nature is not perfect.

If she didn't want to be a lesbian, then why did her sexual urges make her a lesbian and go against her will? That doesn't make sense.

I don't see any evidence or logical reason why it's a choice and not in the genes.

Why would gays say that their sexual orientation is hardwired if they aren't?

Did you watch the videos above? Watch them first and then comment.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby eurobrat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 pm

....
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Anti-American » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Homosexuality is genetically determined.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:44 am

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:17 am

It could be the result of either or, in some cases, neither.

I think that sexuality is the result of conditioning or early experiences. If a child is aroused by a member of the same sex early on, it might wire the child's brain to be homosexual later.

Also, some people are simply open to trying a homosexual lifestyle due to boredom, disillusionment with the opposite sex, and feminism (dare I say). Feminism tells women that women are better, and it tells men that being like women is better.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 am

Postby Dragon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 am

Anti-American wrote:Homosexuality is genetically determined.


Pretty much. Homosexuality has also been observed all throughout the animal kingdom. I doubt animals choose to be gay one day. I read somewhere that homosexuality might be a biological mechanism that prevented excess population growth.

The only exception to homosexuality being genetically determined is abuse and trauma. People who have experience sexual abuse/trauma in their childhood can develop homosexuality and/or a warped view of sex.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests