Interesting article about immigration out of W. Europe

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Interesting article about immigration out of W. Europe

Post by zacb »

The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Take into consideration also, most countries and blocks of countries that EU itself, also others, are closing their borders to foreigners, especially those w/o any money or assets. Never been harder compared to now. Politicians all over the world favor *globalization* they say in public. In practice they act the other way, fences and obstacles built constantly to prevent people migrating and go for options globally.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

#SMH... When are you people going to learn that these issues don't impact YOU a first world citizen. What they are talking about is people from countries escaping tyrants, wars and in the near future climate change (drought/flood).

I also know about Europeans (especially those from the countries impacted by austerity) moving to countries like Angola because like in Portugal, Portuguese is spoken in Angola.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-2 ... d-mobility

http://ia601502.us.archive.org/32/items ... 0-2012.mp3 <--- Truth about Markets, Max Kieser and Stacy Herbert talking about this very subject.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 26th, 2019, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Ghost wrote:Makes me wonder if Americans will ever make a mass exodus out of the States? I know I certainly am, and it seems like everybody knows somebody who has. But on the other hand, the myth of the U.S. being the best of everything continues along, and with the media control, I guess that won't change for quite some time. So much the better for us. We don't need more competition.
You concerned about "competition"? Over 3 Million Americans have a home address not in the United States or its territories.

That said, much like the coming of climate refugees (already seen in Africa, what do you think most of the conflicts are about?) many Americans will be flat stuck. Look at Hurricane Sandy and the reaction in Lower Manhattan, that is a window in the future. Watch Earth 2100, these types of climate events will get more frequent and they'll end up building a sea wall.

Where are these people going to go if they can't stay in NYC? Look at Katrina, there are refugees from that hurricane here in California... That is where most of the people will go, they will go where the weather events are less impactful. California might experience continuous drought but there already plans to desalinate the Pacific Ocean for drinking water. By the time this happens, we'll have much better machines than what's currently in the Middle East.

Solar Power and residential natural gas powered hydrogen generators (Bloombox) will become the norm even in the 'hood.

The cold hard facts are - http://www.ustravel.org/news/press-kit/ ... statistics

More than half of Americans have never been on a plane.

I think its 10% have Passports, among the Black Population less than 1% have a passport.

Economically, they can't afford to even think about going overseas, here's the other reason - http://travel.booklocker.com/2011/11/14 ... expensive/

That said that web site is about traveling on the cheap...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:Makes me wonder if Americans will ever make a mass exodus out of the States? I know I certainly am, and it seems like everybody knows somebody who has. But on the other hand, the myth of the U.S. being the best of everything continues along, and with the media control, I guess that won't change for quite some time. So much the better for us. We don't need more competition.
When people started leaving Bolshevik Russia or Communist Cuba, they kept leaving for years. Sometimes it happens in waves. It doesn't happen all at once. So you're in a position to get there first, get established, then start selling real estate to the panicked latecomers. Or if they're ragged refugees by then, hire them and put them to work in a call center. Give them a place to live and charge rent. Do well by doing good.
terminator
Junior Poster

Re: Interesting article about immigration out of W. Europe

Post by terminator »

Wow, I don't often read links that aren't expanded - can you guys at least write a couple of sentences about links in future posts so we know something about them before clicking?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »